September 30, 2014 | 1781 users online

Powders - Burt's Bees - Baby Bee Dusting Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by bukra

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Lovely smell but stained light colored clothing. Great texture, smell and natural ingredients, but myrrh powder and/or red clay (?) stained light colored shirts. Stain was hard to remove. Had to discontinue- very disappointed!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a dusting powder to use on really hot, sticky days this summer. I wanted something that was inexpensive, had a nice, subtle fragrance and good ingredients. I looked at pretty much all the powders Whole Foods had on display and remembered how much I liked this Baby Bee stuff (back when it was in the drum). The price was very good given how much product you get, so I decided to try it again to see if it lived up to my memories.

This is not a finely-milled powder. It feels slightly coarse compared to a classic talc-based powder. That may be due to the bentonite in it. But it does blend into skin if you rub carefully. And it does a decent job of keeping me feeling dry, though it requires reapplication if you sweat or rub it off.

The fragrance is lovely! It's a subtle, sweet, honeyed apricot that is just as appropriate for grownup ladies as babies and children. The plastic bottle is a big improvement over the old packaging and is very easy to use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

This is good for ladies maybe?? ...because I have recently been hearing of talc being a factor in ovarian & uhhh, "lady part" type cancers, but I have been using J&J Lavendar Cornstarch powder because it doesn't include the clay (Kaolin) which I wonder if it is also bad for ladies because it's a mineral like talcum & not a vegetable organic matter like cornstarch to just to be sure I am sticking w J&J. This powder isn't as finely milled as J&J, I wish it was a bit "softer" & more fine. This is rough & scratchy!! Luv the scent! Burt's bees stuff esp most of the baby products I have tried from them smells soooo good like apricots & vanilla.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by totoro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm never without this powder, especially in hot Texas summers. The scent is so comforting, sort of vanilla and apricot like (as someone else described it). So divine it makes me feel like a little kid again--in a good way, when after bath and pajamas, it's story time and then you say goodnight to the whole world before floating away to dreamland. :-) OK back to adulthood. . . where was I? Oh yeah, it still makes a great after-bath powder before bedtime or in the mornings. I've never used it as a face powder, though after reading about people doing so, I'm sure I'll try at some point.
Of course it's talc-free and has a list of quality ingredients, which at one time included rose buds and myrrh, but I'm not seeing that on my current bottle; maybe they changed the formula. In any case, it contains bentonite, (the clay used in facial masks) which is probably what gives it such great moisture and oil controlling properties. This really is a nice multi-purpose powder, and here in Texas it's less expensive than most of the other natural baby powders made for the health food store market.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Afrocutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was given this originally in 2008 when I had my baby..... ahhh. I was so adamant that no petrochemicals and other such nasties was going anyway near my first born. That he would only eat organic foods and would walk on water. HA!

Well every time the hot weather comes out so does this beauty, I put it around his neck, under arms and in his groin crease in the morning and when my very active son is playing football/on his scooter/ chasing his buddies/birds/oxygen his skin doesn't chafe and he smells good enough to eat before his night shower.

Now a few days ago I read a review on MUA about someone using it as a dry shampoo and a Loose powder! I was like na. It wouldn't work on my skin of darker hue..... This morning getting ready wanting to set my concealer, I noticed this in the bathroom cabinet and thought lets try it. (A bit of a gamble as I was already late hence no foundation) I poured a little into a old mineral sifter pot that I had kept (I am turning into my mum with all the 'I can use that for something else' thinking) used my new complexion brush, which feels fantastic and soft, and gingerly added it to my face. Finished off eyes, washed hands then dusted off excess. OMG it works , no ashy-ness, no looking like I had died. Even DH noticed the new softness to face with a "you do someting different wid your face? It look good". All day I have been waiting for the itch, the tale tale sign of irritation, I even took some cleanser with me to the museum just in case. But no need, also no need for oil blotting sheets which was amazing as the the place was warm warm warm. Even when I looked in my mirror tonight during half time from the Champions League (not that I know anything about the game but the anticipation is infectious) my skin looked good with a nice glow and the concealer is still doing its job!
This product gets 5 lippies for its intended use, it is the family body powder and has been bought numerous times and comes into its own on holiday, but now I am gonna use it as my loose powder as well. Talk about BANG for your buck.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by spiritedastray

Over time, I have grown to love Baby Bee Dusting Powder more and more. It is fantastic as a dry shampoo, much better than regular baby powder. I always find that it really absorbs the excess oil from my hair without making it look chalky or dry, and even on black hair, does not wash out my color. It also leaves my hair feeling very soft.
Additionally, this can be used to set foundation, with lovely results. This is exactly what most "sheer veil" powders aspire to be - It adds no color, just sets the color of your foundation and creates a soft finish. It is a tad pricey, but a little goes a long way, and one bottle has lasted me a very long time. Will definitely re-purchase when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2010 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Frenchmix

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This smells really good. Love the smell. It's says it's 100% natural, but I'm not sure if it is? The word fragrance is suspect to me. Means it could be a list of over a hundred ingredeints, like regular perfumes.. For now I just use a little after a bath on my skin/clothes until I know for sure.. I will give it 5 lipsticks it's all natural.

OK this stuff is really addicting..LOVE the smell. I put it on my clothes mostly. It lasts all day, then some. I just bought another one, I wanted two.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Lakesoverocean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am addicted to this powder!! It's got a wonderfully silky feel, blends in and... the scent is heaven; soft... apricot. And once again - it's Burt's Bees so it's made 'properly' - no talc. BEST powder. Will buy again and again (if only it wasn't sooo hard to find).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 1:57:00 AM More reviews by PinupWings

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE Baby Bee Dusting Powder. I tap a small amount onto a solid surface and pick it up with a powder brush, and then apply in between foundation and pressed powder. It doesn't add much coverage, but it ensures that my face stays oil-free all day long without fail. It also gives my pressed powder a softer look since the pressed powder isn't being applied directly on top of the foundation.
It smells really pretty and is eco-friendly, so those are both bonuses.
Its only drawback is that it's a little too expensive to use for the same purposes as baby powder, such as using it for dry shampoo. I tried it as a dry shampoo once and it worked wonders, but there just isn't enough product to justify the price if you use it for anything other than a loose powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2010 7:11:00 AM More reviews by tealeafdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this powder, the packaging is eco-friendly, the ingredients safe and natural and the scent really pretty and floral.
I use it mainly as a deoderant subistute and face powder, for which is controls the oils on my skin literally ALL DAY! It is by far the best face powder I have ever used, with a silky soft texture and talc free!