Lise Watier Brush Cleanser

Isopropyl Alcohol, Cyclomethicone, Isododecane, Octyldodecyl Ricinoleate, Parfum (Fragrance), Solvent Violet 37.

on 12/6/2010 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is the first (and so far, the only) dedicated brush cleaner I've ever used. I've had it for a few years and use it rarely. The smell is more than a bit overpowering - a strong smelling chemical like alcohol blended with some very cloying fake vanilla scent that does little to camouflage the chemical smell. I suppose it's okay in a pinch but, to be honest, I prefer to give my brushes a good weekly wash in baby shampoo mixed with a bit of tea tree oil and just wipe them off between-times if they're dirty (I honestly don't imagine evil bacteria are lurking in my brushes - used mostly for powder products - and multiplying to the level that they will harm me!). I might try MAC's or Cover FX's brush cleaners if I ever use this stuff up or check to see what other quickie brush cleaners are recommended by MUAers but I wouldn't repurchase this.

on 8/22/2010 10:49:00 PM

This is a mediocre cleanser that is ok in between washing your brushes. I found that the cleanser took a little more effort with frost eyeshadows (14 sprays to clean one of my all over brushes). It is a good time saver however it still won't do what washing your brushes with a good shampoo will.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I had bought a new set of makeup brushes and I needed a good brush cleanser, and I am very happy with Lise Watier's Makeup Brush Cleanser. It was $13 at Shoppers Drugmart and I find that it works very well!

It cleans and disinfects without water, so if you are traveling or just want/need a brush cleanser that does not require water then it's perfect. All you do is spray it directly onto your brushes, and wipe on a tissue or a cotton pad. Your brushes are perfectly disinfected, dry, and ready to use in only a few short minutes. This brush cleanser works on natural, and synthetic makeup brushes which is excellent.

This product is absolutely worth every penny. And it also smells really good! Underneath the slight smell of alcohol, it smells really sweet, but can be a bit over powering if you are not in a well ventilated space. I will most definitely buy this cleanser again, and I highly recommend it.

on 11/4/2009 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Being a makeup artist, I use my brushes on lots of people throughout my day. I needed a brush cleanser that not only cleaned/sanitized the brushes in between clients, but also didn't require drying them.

Love this cleanser! The smell is pleasing and the alcohol reassures me that the brushes are clean. The only issue is I go through this stuff like crazy and it gets expensive. I wish Lise Watier had a larger bottle for retail.

All in all, I would buy this again, but would use MAC cleanser for work. I get a discount and more for my buck. Otherwise, I'd go through a bottle of the Lise Watier every other day. Cha-ching!!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i use this to clean my eye make up brushes in between uses to remove the colour deposits from the previous shadow. it really does an amazing job. it dries rapidly and strips all the make up pigment from the brushes and requires no rinsing like most brush cleaners. the scent is pleasant with a vanilla and coconut tropical like fragrance. (^,^)

on 3/1/2008 6:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I paid Cad$14 at Sears.
Pro: cleanse the brush, dries fast.
Con: high alcohol content, the vapour can knock you out.
1-2 squirts is good enough for a concealer brush, but as for a fluffy powder brush, I did 7 pumps & the tissue still come out with lots of colour.
The gawdy cheap cheap overpowering imitation vanilla scent made my BR smells like the Lucky Stiff Motel by the truckstop on Airport Road. Yuccck !!
The Worst: The residue of the cleaning agent + fragrance thats left on the brush is going on your face.

I find using eye makeup remover (the watery kind), works as good, otherwise back to shampoo & water.
p.s. a SA at Px told me today that alcohol based brush cleanse is damaging to the natural bristle, however its necessary for the demo brushes, but for individuals & do not share their brushes at home, this type of product is totally unnecessary.

on 12/5/2007 3:25:00 AM

This is an EXCELLENT brush cleanser for use inbetween deep cleanses, and I much prefer Lise Watier over MAC brush cleanser. It cleans and sanitizes your brushes perfectly without stripping moisture from brush hairs (which is a problem I encounter with MAC's.. I find that MAC brush cleanser tends to be very drying on my brushes -- SO drying to the point that it makes brush hairs brittle at times). Lise Watier's brush cleanser leaves my brushes silky-soft, lush, residue-free, and CLEAN with a light vanilla scent. It's also exceptionally fast-drying. While you do get more bang for your buck with MAC brush cleanser, the quality of Lise Watier brush cleanser speaks volumes for just a few dollars more.

on 8/10/2006 3:33:00 PM

I use the Lise Watier Brush Cleanser for its convenience between monthly washings with mild shampoo, to avoid makeup and bacteria build-up on my brushes and to get the job done fast. It is my favourite brush cleanser and the only brush cleanser I purchase regularly because it is so easy, efficient, and pleasant to use. It comes in a brushed silver metal pump spray bottle which fits neatly in small hands and is easy to handle. It also dries more rapidly than other brush cleansers (Clinique, Smashbox) so I can reuse my brushes sooner. Plus it smells heavenly and leaves a very lovely soft vanilla scent on my clean brushes. To use, I just spritz a little on a paper towel and wipe the bristles on it. – Voilà! continued >>

This is a great product in between shampoos. What I do is hold 2 pieces of toilet paper behind the brush and spray. Then you just wipe away any of the excess product that was left behind after using the brush. It is dry in 1-2 minutes and you can use it again immediately. Especially useful when you've just used a gel liner and you don't want to leave it on the brush for next time (gross!). Smells great too! Great product, will definately repurchase.

Popular Makeup Brushes