Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

4.8

Nylon 60% Polyester 40%

on 7/24/2015 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I find the knockoff brands just as good.
If I am making a larger order on amazon I may add the name brand in my cart but otherwise I just pick the cheaper version at Walmart and it works just as well.
They last a long time and really exfoliate the skin.
It may feel harsh when using for the first couple times as it is more exfoliating than a loofah.
Really has helped with the overall tone of the skin on my body. Smoothed any rough patches and makes my skin soft and healthy looking.

on 7/21/2015 9:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Definitely do not recommend for sensitive skin. Even if used gently, I found this to be way too harsh for me. I used it on my legs where I am normally itchy due to dry flaky skin and I feel like it just stripped it. In a bad way. My legs were beet red.
I also used this on my shoulders as I have acne there and this pretty much just ripped off dry skin and left nasty red marks.

on 6/15/2015 2:53:00 AM

I don't waste money on buying body scrubs thanks to these towels. They exfoliate really well. I've been using towels like these since I was a kid (thanks to my Korean mom) and I've developed the skin for the texture. It can be abrasive if you're not used to it for the first few times (or have super sensitive skin) but using it once or twice a week will keep your skin feeling smooth and super fresh. For me, not using it makes me feel like I haven't washed! Just don't use this on your face as it's a little too rough.

You can usually find these at a oriental store that cost around 4-6 USD. It seems a bit much for a towel but they last a long long time (I've had my current one for 6 months and it works like I just bought it) They're more hygienic than a loofah because after you use it you can completely rinse it and hang it like a towel to dry. If you're really picky about clean things you can even throw it in the washer. However, don't throw it in with anything nice or shower towels. The towel has a texture where it can roughen fabrics up and hold on to small pieces of lint.

You won't have to use as much body wash as you would without a loofah or wash cloth. The salux lathers soap up really well. Overall, this product is great! If its too rough for your skin you can always use it to scratch your back lol.

on 5/25/2015 1:57:00 AM

I've been trying to avoid cleansers with plastic exfoliants, I love a good body scrub though. These bath towels are perfect. They are rough enough to soothe the bottoms of my feet but at the same time not to rough for the rest of my body. I buy mine on eBay for just a few dollars

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

great for body exfoliation

on 5/17/2015 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This feels so amazing. It works great too. I have my mom and my husband hooked on them too. This, in conjunction with my knockoff baiden mitten, has left my skin super soft and lotion really absorbs well. It's a bit too early to tell, but I'm hoping it helps my KP....

Japanese bath towels are amazing, but I've found that I prefer other brands to Salux. As far as I know, Salux towels come in a single weave density while many of their competitors (e.g., Cure Series http://www.amazon.com/Cure-Japanese-Exfoliating-Bath-Towel/dp/B00FGGW7KY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1431391035&sr=8-2&keywords=japanese+bath+towel) come in a variety of weaves. I ended up getting the "super hard" weave from Cure Series for aggressive exfoliating and the Aisen Extra Soft towel for everyday use.

on 5/8/2015 12:11:00 AM

This really feels great on your skin, but it isn't anything much better than a wash cloth. I personally like a gritty cloth and this is it but with the benefit of making your soap get really, really sudsy. I didn't think it did anything for the kp on my arms which was too bad, but I still like how soft my body got. I'll still repurchase because these last forever and are nice and long to use for scrubbing my back and hard to reach areas.

on 5/4/2015 9:55:00 PM

Purchased directly from The Salux Shop for $5.98 free shipping and it arrived in 3days. It can be scrunched up or folded and it lathers really well. It may seem a bit expensive but considering how quickly shower puffs unravel this a Great buy & it can even be machine washed! It is the perfect length for washing the back and it removed the dead skin off my heels really easy. I don't find it too ruff if you use a light hand (& even if you don't). CVS sales something similar (baby pink color) for $3.99 made of 100% nylon while Salux is a blend of nylon and polyester.
EDIT This really does make skin feel soft & smooth and NOW I understand when reviews says that lotions apply better. Somehow the skin absorbs the lotion easier. Have purchased another for my home & several to give as gifts! I PACK THIS WHEN I TRAVEL AND DRIES SUPER FAST.
The KP on my arms ( that I've had for as long as I can remember) is COMPLETELY GONE! I use to think my skin was soft but this leaves your body S_U_P_E_R soft....DON'T LIKE TO SHOWER WITHOUT IT! Freaking buy this!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I am so addicted to these! They leave my skin feeling so smooth. There is just no way to have an ingrown hair if you exfoliate with a Salux cloth regularly. That is the best thing about them. I've tried every type of exfoliating product and these are the best! I always cut mine in half since they are personally too big for me. You don't have to scrub harshly with them, just gently rub them all over your skin and let the cloth do the work.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools