October 1, 2014 | 1820 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by SepiaRose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know how I lived without these things. I have three so that I'm never without it no matter where I'm traveling to. At first it feels too abrasive but after one or two uses you're used to it and it feels AMAZING. The skin on my knees and elbows are like new now especially if I follow up with an oil, the exfoliation is that good after only a few uses. Some might find it too much for everyday use but I certainly don't, I haven't used a regular wash cloth (except for...you know, there) in almost two years.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by db01

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bought this based on MUA reviews. Got a set of three from Amazon. It is just wonderful for my dry, bumpy skin. So soft after using for a couple of weeks. I love how long it is so that I can get my back. Do not scrub too hard, just let the fabric do the work. Plan to buy more.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by rubadub

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I've struggled with keratosis pilaris for most of my life. I've tried so many things without any real improvement - that's was before the Salux towel. AMAZING! Who knew a plastic towel could make such a difference? Bumps - gone, red dots - barely visible! My legs and arms have never been this smooth.. Best 10 bucks I ever spent, I'll never go without one!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by soakley123

I had no idea something so simple could make such a difference in my skin ! As I get older, the skin on my arms and legs is dry dry dry. I take good care of my face but have neglected the skin on the rest of my body. This is so cheap I thought there is no way this is gonna work. Yes, it does -- kinda rough in first use but you get used to it. My skin after showering with this is like butta -- seriously, the oils and lotions glide onto my arms and legs -- so soft. I picked up 3 already - need backups as I never want to be without this towel.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2014 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Deserts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I couldn't compare this to other exfoliating towels because this is the first one I've ever use. Anyway, it's great, it makes my skin super soft after shower. Although it could be a little bit rough on your skin. It doesn't cause that much lather eithet.

I've also heard that not to use it on your face, so just to be safe, ladies, don't use it on your sensitive face.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by settlebaby

These little towels are AMAZING! I've owned one for the past 3.5 years and let me tell you, you get your bang for the buck. I love that they're inexpensive and work so well. It's long enough to reach the hard-to-get places of your back and it lathers up better than a shower pouf in my opinion. I have keratosis pilaris on my arms and thighs and I pair this with my Dove unscented bar soap and it helps keeps those pesky bumps under control. The trick to using this towel is to use a light hand; it's abrasive enough to exfoliate without having to really scrub at it. I also use this towel to exfoliate before I shave. Would definitely repurchase this again if it ever began to unravel on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by dwhite_07017

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the Salux. I have been using it for 6 months. And my skin has never been more smooth. I plan on giving them out as Christmas gift to all my friends. Sure, at first they will think I am very cheap (which is true) But them they thank me for turning them on to such a neat beauty product. This is a must have.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by mondayinjuly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this magical cloth. My skin feels so soft after my shower and keeps getting softer after every use. It's inexpensive, easy to find (got mine from Amazon and it's the real deal), dries quickly, is big enough to roll up and be used to scrub your back. I also love that it doesn't make the tub & shower messy like body scrubs do. Ain't nobody got time for that!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by fireflyglow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

How did I live without this for so long?! This washcloth (if you can call it that) is amazing. I have this in both the regular and the super heavy duty. I'm in my early thirties, and my skin has never felt better. I was a huge fan of Lush's Buffy, but found it relatively expensive and the tub cleanup was a mess. Regular body scrubs were hit-or-miss for me. Back brushes didn't really get a thorough scrub. With this, I have the same basic routine: Wash with Dove's Beauty Bar with the Salux (I prefer to fold it over itself a few times to make a big square) and then moisturize with Alba Botanica's Very Emollient Body Lotion. That's it. My skin stays soft and moisturized all day. I find that even the heavy duty one isn't too harsh, but it may for some people. The regular Salux I definitely don't have an issue with -- just don't scrub too hard and let the Salux do its own work! As a bonus, I love how the length of this enables a thorough and complete scrubdown, back included. Have repurchased.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Static9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm in love with these bath towels. I've had ezcema and dry skin all of my life and so I'm not really supposed to use shower gel or soap frequently because it dries my skin out and leaves it flaky, but after using this towel I can tell you that flaky is hardly an issue anymore!

Also I seriously get THE best shave ever when I use it on my legs before shaving. My old one got gross due to travel and I've just reordered!