April 24, 2014 | 1854 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 2:08:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

Excellent, simple product that only costs a few dollars. I like this better than a loofah or a body brush because it exfoliates really well but it's also gentle. And long-lasting too. After a few months of daily use I can see and feel a real difference in my body's skin, it is softer and has a healthy glow. And this is not due to lotions or creams (I rarely use them), it's because of this cloth.
Unlike a loofah sponge, the Salux cloth rinses clean after each use so it's more sanitary too. It is made of a scrubby material but I never found it to be too scratchy or rough. And unlike with other exfoliators, I have never once felt like I "over-did" it.
It's funny, after reading all these positive reviews and raves on the MUA boards I expected this product to be something earth-shattering. Then after a few uses I thought "Well this is OKAY but why all the fuss?" Now it's the only thing I use and I can't imagine not having one. This got me through the winter months without having dry, tight, uncomfortable skin.
I feel like this was some of the best money I ever spent and one of the best product recommendations I've ever gotten from MUA.
Will definitely repurchase!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 12:33:00 AM More reviews by crystalqwerty

Wow I've been using this literally my whole life and never thought these caught on! Glad to see they did! Any other loofah, shower puff, or whatever else there I just does not make sense to me. After growing up with these, you never really feel clean unless you use one of these things. They are the perfect length to get inch of your back. I believe because of these I've never suffered from body acne, any kind of bumps, or flakiness on my skin. My skin is soft even without the use of lotion. They make your bar of soap or body wash last longer too because that thing lathers like crazy. I take this with me even on vacations because if i don't feel as clean and comfortable. Locally where I live they can be as cheap as 1-3 dollars.
I recommend these to everyone!

Don't let the roughness of it scare you, with more use and when placed under water it tends to get softer. ( But i usually replace mine when it gets TOO soft)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by theseagrows

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

i am so glad that i discovered salux, because it's wonderful. the first time you use it, it does take some getting used to, it's very scrubby, but after awhile you look forward to it, because it's invigorating and makes your skin very soft. with scrubs, you often don't know what you're going to get. they can be too greasy, too harsh, ineffective or have an unpleasant smell or texture. having a salux also saves you tons of money, and you can scrub your back with this easily. i will never go back to using scrubs!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 7:51:00 PM More reviews by mberteig

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this based on all the positive reviews and I am glad that I did! This is a long rectangular cloth that you use in the shower instead of a washcloth. It's great for exfoliation and dry skin, and it feels great! I use it on the body, everywhere but the face and privates, I think it is a little rough for those areas.

Some folks mention cutting the cloth in half, but I just fold it in half when I use it. You only need a small amount of shower gel to make a lot of lather. At full length, it is easy to use to scrub your back. When done, I rinse it out well, squeeze the excess water out of it and hang it over the shower bar to dry. It dries very quickly. I also throw it in the wash once a week. I've used mine for over a year and have not had to replace it yet.

Bought them for family members as well, they all love them!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by blackrose007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this cloth is amazing ive had dry skin for ages and every thing I used never worked bought this scrubbed my skin some of my kp and dry skin came off and lotions after bath and shower just sink in like a dream I see sometimes I can breakout alil after using this but I may scrub to hard that's why but this cloth is a miracle and I will never use a loofah again this is sanitary to so no breakouts yay hahah but this cloth is wonderful and I recommend to anybody who wants that baby soft skin

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2014 9:24:00 AM More reviews by nunyabiness

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

meh

it's a washcloth made of an abrasive material

it's much too big, and needs to be cut in half, at least

I got mine on ebay, and it was very inexpensive.

it's not special, and any cloth or sponge made of an abrasive material would work as well IMO

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 8:32:00 AM More reviews by shones22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I lived in Korea I used these religiously at the bath house. They gave me the softest skin ever. You would not believe how well these work and soooo much better than any cream or scrub. At the bath house I would shower and then scrub myself hard with these mitts or get my friend to and the old skin would literally come off in little grey rolls which you would then shower off before going into the sauna and then I would repeat the process to get my skin totally baby soft. They are cheap and cheerful and work. I doubt it would work quite as well just having a normal shower because you would spend a couple of hours in the bath house just sloughing hard skin off/ sauna/ jacuzzi/ salt sauna so your skin was totally ready to be scrubbed off but they are still a good buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 12:21:00 AM More reviews by g00sey

Even though there are so many positive reviews for the Salux cloth, I have to add mine because it is that good.

A few years ago, my sister saw the overwhelming positive reviews for Salux and was convinced we had to try it. Luckily, we have a variety of Asian markets nearby and was able to pick a couple up (and for such a low price!).

I must say, to this day, I get tons of compliments on how soft my skin is. After one use with the cloth, I noticed a difference myself. I feel like I have baby skin and it's amazing. My friends always ask my what my secret is and I always smile and just say I have a really amazing bath tool in my arsenal. The Salux cloth is a must have in my shower and when my old one gets worn out, I quickly replace it. Unfortunately, I can't use it on my face because it is too rough and causes me to break out. The cloth is amazing everywhere else though. It even helps to smooth out elbows, knees and bumps in every place.

Overall, a great great product. Absolutely life changing, I do not exaggerate. If you haven't tried it, find it at a nearby store or online (but avoid the cleverly marketed replicas). I can see how it might be too much for some people's skin, but don't hesitate to try it. For ~$3, it can change your skin!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by AustaNusta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really don't understand the big hype about these. My friend told me how popular they are and luckily there is an Asian market close by to me so I picked 2 up. I remember it being huge, the size of a bath towel as it says. I was thinking you have to wash out the whole thing after every use and wring it out to keep it sanitary. TOO MUCH WORK FOR ME. As for the exfoliating, I use products that do much better exfoliation. I'm happy that everyone loves this product, maybe I'm doing something wrong? Who knows.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by ShaynaB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I heard about this product on the very forum, and it sounded interesting. I was hooked the first time I tried it! It makes my bar soap lather up fabulously and feels so invigorating on my skin.

I hang it on the grab bar in my shower to quickly let it drip dry each day. it is large enough that I can easily scrub my own back, which is helping smooth out my skin in that hard to reach area.

I already bought a spare one to be ready in case this one wears out. I don't ever want to be without one again!!