November 27, 2014 | 1486 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Juice Beauty - Tinted Moisturizer - SPF 30

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by milevamaric

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this product after attempting to switch to more "natural" products. Unfortunately, despite merely looking for very light color correction and hydration, this product failed to deliver. There was no color correction and the product became greasy on my dry skin after one hour. Worst of all, this product left me with some clogged pores and light pimples after several usages.

To be clear, though, this isn't the worst tinted SPF product I have used. I've experienced much worse reactions on my generally clear skin, and have used worse foundations. But I would not purchase this again, and I did return it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by alina08

What I have noticed from the reviews about this product is that people have mixed feelings about this product because the texture of it is quite unique and the finish is atypical for a tinted moisturizer. I like the fact that this product is organic, although I do not necessarily seek out products only for this quality. There are plenty of organic cosmetics that are absolutely useless and/or poorly designed. This moisturizer does everything that it claims it will. It moisturizes very well without causing me to break out (although it is winter right now, and things could very well change in the humid summer weather). It goes on smoothly, blends in easily to the skin, can be layered for a more pronounced effect and can be used on both face and neck. I happen to like the dewy or glowy finish of this product (which many people hate). With a light dusting of powder you can mattify this finish pretty quickly, although you may have to do so again during the day. The tint is subtle, but it is definitely there. The color can also be layered a bit, but I find that this was light to medium coverage at best. My main reason for purchasing the product was for the hydration and antioxidant content. I will continue to purchase this product for a loooong time, as I have yet to find a tinted moisturizer better than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by LAURLAUR75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in the 2nd lightest shade for my NW15-20 skin. I love it for my dry winter skin!! Love the color- blurs imperfections. Leaves a nice dewy glow. Might be too much for some people but not for me who is getting older. Doesn't settle into fine lines or wrinkles. I just lightly set powder over my tzone areas if it's a warm day but usually I never due. I just use a light dusting of bronzer and blush. Def my favorite tinted moisturizer to date and will be repurchasing. I'm really enjoying the 3 products I bought from juice beauty!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by vwterry

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I would never use this product on my t-zone, but I could deal with the dewy finish if the product matched my skin. "Natural Glow" makes me look like a ghost, and I'm sure the other shade would be much too dark. (Unlike most reviewers here, I don't know my MAC equivalent, but I would guess it's somewhere in the NC 15-20 range.) What's up with manufacturers who offer tinted moisturizers in only two shades?

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by IndustryKoda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have the tube packaging in Ivory. I do not use chemical sunscreens due to acne/sensitivity. There is a difference between greasy and just shiny. I have extremely oily skin and I can tell you this product needs time to settle and absorb-there should be no "grease". If so, tone down how much is used. It seemed to even the tone of my skin, which is all I really need aside from the SPF. I finish with powder and my face is done aside from eye and lip makeup. I wish the formula was better to avoid the separation of the zinc from the moisturizer.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by hlnwnyn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

GREASY!! I was hoping that I could use that as a sheer coverage in place of foundation to even out my skin tone but this stuff makes my face so shiny I have to follow with my Everyday Minerals foundation powder. To put the foundation on my face evenly I have to blot the grease with a tissue (gently press and not rub or I'm just removing it) so the foundation will apply evenly. Then I have to wash my mineral foundation brush to remove excess grease! Better yet my foundation is matte but I wind up having a satin finish because it can't blot out all the grease. That's all about the grease. I haven't even mentioned the funny smell. . .

That's the bad. Here's the good: I haven't broken out yet from the stuff nor has it irritated my skin. The scent is a fruity yet chemically smell (like acetone mixed with cucumber water) but it dissipates quickly. With my foundation my skin looks very lovely with the satiny finish. No white cast and no orangey tone (I'm using the shade, Sand). Maybe it'll be better during the winter? If the tube lasts that long I'll write an update. In the meantime I really miss my discontinued HG moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2012 5:20:00 AM More reviews by pimenta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in light and the color is a little bit darker than my NW20 skin but it's still manageable what I really don't like is that it leaves my face so shiny. In terms of coverage it's quite light but you can see a difference.
I'm using now the Madara moon flower and I much happier with that one, the color looks better and it's dewy instead of shiny.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2011 1:31:00 AM More reviews by arooshals

I've used and loved this product for years now. mainly because I loved the high sun protection. With a good powder to manage any shine its perfect and greatly moisturizing. However, I recently discovered that the Titanium dioxide used doesn't actually cover the full spectrum of A rays from the sun. these A rays are the ones responsible for photo aging. So I am on the search for a good sunblock with zinc oxide instead. I hate this because I have really come to love the texture of this product- great for dry/oily skin. I now found I great one by Devita but it feels very dry used on its own and I really don't like layering more than one product on my skin during the day (except for make up of course). I actually wrote to Juice Beauty asking for the PA rating of this product and never received a response. So It is Devita Sunshield for me now until I find something a bit more rich. The bottom line is: I love this product and would buy again if they formulate it with Zinc.....

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by nikkifleurs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this moisturizer. I've been using it for over a year now & don't know what I would do without it!

It isn't oily but it definitely leaves my skin dewy, which I love because I need the moisture. It doesn't clog my pores, though. Also, the dew-factor makes it good for under mineral make up (which tends to be drying).

As for the scent, I find it's fresh smelling & a little citrus-y. It's lovely & not a chemical sent or even unpleasant.

The sun protection is great, as is the tint. The color doesn't really do much to cover up blemishes, but it's nice (especially since I imagine without the tint the sunscreen would be a bit white).

This is a great product -- a sunscreen that really moisturizes!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by eileensduncan

I used this product for a little over a year. While it provided great protection from the sun, I found it to leave my skin very greasy/shiny. I stuck with the product anyway, because the tone matched my skin well and I liked avoiding sunburn. Finally, however, I stopped using this product... the new packaging (plastic tube) split 3 times!! Thankfully, Whole Foods took it back each time, but the stains left on my jeans, a favorite t-shirt, and robe never came out :( BTW - it split while shaking, which I had to do because the ingredients separated between daily uses.