July 28, 2014 | 1973 users online

Mascara - Dr. Hauschka - Mascara - Brown

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2011 12:47:00 PM More reviews by mariavittoria1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've given this more than one try, having owned it for almost a year, but I still think it's one of the worst mascaras I've ever had. I haven't tossed this out yet because of the price. It IS damn pricey, and for that amount I'd rather buy some high-end mascara that works. This basically does NOTHING to my lashes. I have blonde, long, full lashes that need colour because otherwise they won't show. Even if I apply 4, 5, 6 coats of this, nothing happens. It feels as if I'm putting water on my lashes. It's ridiculous! And on top of that, I happened to sneeze once a couple of minutes after the application and the product got all smeared on my undereye area.
No thanks.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2009 12:34:00 PM More reviews by cherryblossomgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I find this brown mascara very flattering for my eye colour (blue). It adds definition but not in the harsh way as black mascara can. Im a huge fan of the Dr. Hauschka make up range-I use the foundation and powder and was equally impressed with this mascara. One downside is that it goes on wet and takes longer to dry than regular mascara, but if that's the price to pay for having an organic product around my eyes I think it's worth it. The packaging is very basic and the information all wears off over time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2007 3:57:00 PM More reviews by jstano76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mascara is expensive, but it stays put upon application and seperates lashes beautifully. I trust the Hauschka brand - this mascara does not smell of chemicals and it's free of unsafe ingredients like most mascaras on the market today. It's good for you AND it works!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2007 2:32:00 PM More reviews by nechama22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I stopped wearing mascara because I always ended up with more of it under my eyes than on my lashes at the end of the day. I would have to constantly wipe under my eyes to keep from looking like I had black eyes.

This mascara is no different (I guess I just don't have good luck with mascara overall), but I like the consistency. It is very smooth and glides over my lashes perfectly. It just makes my lashes look soft and pretty. This is definitely a natural look mascara, so if you want dramatic lashes, it isn't for you.

I didn't find anything spectacular about this mascara except that it is all natural and I do like the nice rose smell. :) I admit I almost keeled over when they rang it up at Whole Foods and it was $23.99, though! But I have to say that I would probably buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2007 11:14:00 AM More reviews by virgy123

This is my HG mascara! I don't have the brown, but instead use the Blue and Black.

On first impression, I was amazed at the smell. Most mascaras have the chemical smell, but Dr. H mascara has the familiar rose scent so many products in this line have, simply lovely!

It goes on very wet, so be sure you DON'T sneeze until this fully dries! :) I find that the blue is very subtle, not overt obnoxious kind of blue, which works very well for me. The blue is actually my favorite color. Like other posters have mentioned, if you're looking for high-volume, thickening and lengthening this is not the mascara for you. If you're more attracted to healthy ingredients that are actually good for your lashes with a more well-defined lashes than you would au natuaral, then this is the mascara for you.

Indeed, this mascara comes off very easily. I can easily remove all my makeup including mascara and sunblock with jojoba oil.

Dr. H recently came out with a high-volume mascara in black, green and purple. Once I use up my current tubes, I look forward to trying those out!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2006 9:08:00 PM More reviews by amy212

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This looked nice at first, but it flakes. It also has a rose scent that make my eyes water and feel very dried out. The second ingredient is alcohol!!! It is also extremely expensive - $22 - but if it was perfect that would have been ok I guess. I took this back to whole foods!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2006 3:05:00 PM More reviews by mgarland

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It went on okay but it did not last. Two hours later I had racoon eyes. Most of it was off by the end of the day. Tried it again the next day and made sure I did not rub my eyes. Same thing a couple of hours later. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2005 4:40:00 PM More reviews by jess_slowe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic mascara. It goes on really smoothly - no clumping or flaking at all. It defines your eyes while looking natural. My new favourite!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2005 4:28:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Excellent if you want natural looking lashes. Formula is very smooth and liquidy - brush glides through lashes. Doesn't do anything special like thickening, lengthening, or curling - it's just a product to add tint & definition. This is the EASIEST mascara to remove - I could just rinse it off with cleanser alone. No need for heavy duty oil based removers. Not waterproof however, so don't wear this on a rainy day if you don't want track marks running down your face. Safe for contact lens wearers and is touted as all-natural.