September 1, 2014 | 1954 users online

Conditioner - Sebastian - Laminates Sheer Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by meligonlan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have thick normal to oily hair and this is just what I need. Shine, lightweight conditioning and great smell. Of course it will not repair split ends or dry ends that's the scissors job ;) but overall I think it's a great conditioner and the texture also feels great. I love this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by titainia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

*THIS IS AN EDIT AFTER THREE MONTHS OF USAGE* Initially it untangled the "barbwire" (my hair). But after about a month of usage my hair felt dry right after using it. I figured the problem was split ends and had a trim, but that wasn't the problem. Upon close inspection I discovered this is basically just a tube of silicone and it's analogues. In other words, long term use is NOT GOOD FOR YOUR HAIR! Silicones literally seal the hair off (think: floor sealant, paint primer, that sort of thing) and make impossible to any moisture to penetrate. Sounds good for battling humitity, but ever cutictle needs SOME moisture and when you use silicones all you fix is topical and underneath your hair is getting brittle. The idea that silicone will fill in the "gaps" where hair is damaged may be true but once its done that, nothing else is getting in there, either, then the silicone will harden and build-up, and you'll have a worse mess than you started with. Over time, the only thing that will make it feel soft again is another layer of silicone, which after a point has no actual hair to adhere to, only a thick layer of itself, and so it simply slips off down the drain and your hair wont get "right" again unless you apply a dreaded silicone-based serum. I wouldn't even recommend this as a one-time use conditioner. Just cuz it feels good doesn't mean it is good. I'll never used anything with "cones" in it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2010 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Ancora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hate that they discontinued this product, since it's the best conditioner I've ever tried for my fine hair. If you see it somewhere, grab it fast!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2010 11:43:00 PM More reviews by botoxic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is labeled "weightless shine rinse" and as a person with thin, fine, oily hair that is color-treated, it is just what my hair needs for light daily conditioning. The poor reviews here are from reading-comprehension failures who somehow think this is deep conditioner, or ideal for thick, unruly hair; it is not.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2008 9:54:00 AM More reviews by allie_woowoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have super straight fine hair that's colored. I find that I can use this conditioner daily on my hair and it never gets too greasy. It's a lighter conditioner so if you need something heavy, this isn't for you! It has a decent smell and it's not overly scented.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2007 2:36:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

This conditioner smells really good! It is true that this will not be adequate for thick hair or as a deep conditioner. It is very good for thinner hair or on days that you don't need a heavy conditioner. It feels nice on the hair and has good slip. I would repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2007 12:28:00 PM More reviews by calisummer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this conditioner by accident, thinking that it was the regular sebastian laminates conditioner and that the packaging must have just changed. Silly me. So disappointed with this "sheer" version of one of my favorite conditioners. It's useless. I have thick, wavy, color treated hair and this was just not a deep conditioner.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2005 11:15:00 AM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

not conditioning enough for my hair-i use after my heavy duty conditioner to add a little shine. will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2005 8:43:00 AM More reviews by serenada

It doesn`t weight my fine hair down, leaves me with fantastic shine and body ..the best i ever tried .....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2005 8:55:00 PM More reviews by smashbox_diva

Wow! great stuff..hubby picked some up for since I had been eyeing it..It makes my hair so silky soft..will lots of body still..and tons of shine!