July 30, 2014 | 984 users online

Eye Shadow - Milani - Touch of Brown Quad

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

Even though I only use the beautiful bronze and metallic purpley grey shade in this and never touch the horrid mustard shade or the shimmery glittery gold highlighter this is still a great bargain purchase and value for money. These two shades make for a great evening eye which makes my amber green eyes pop. Wonderful texture and the packaging is wonderfully 90's it cracks me up though I know others dislike the milani packaging I think it's cute.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by dyellowrosek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This palette has some 2 of my favourite shades, the golden colour, which I think is extremely similar to MAC's Woodwinked, it has a wonderful texture and pigmentation is awesome, Loves it! Also the dark bronzy brown, which is also extremely pigmented and again has a great texture. I would buy this palette just for these 2 shades alone, actually even for the gold, these contain just enough shimmer, not glitter (ewwww). As for the other 2 colours, 1 looks cream but really is sheer with golden shimmer, its nice, but the other is a sort of light matte mustardy colour, does not work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by basicave

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go to everyday quad. I love the bronze brown the most its the most pigmented and a little goes a long way. I've tried so many eyeshadows, drugstore to higher end. I have two milani quads and really like them both but love this more. The lightest color I rarely use, I don't like it much, I find it a bit chalky and never was a fan of highlighting. I usually like to pair the tan with the bronze or the bronze with the deep brown.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by GoddessLaura

This Milani quad is great for making every day looks and dramatic looks.
There are four shadows: a shimmery ivory, a shimmery medium brown, an almost matte nude, and a deep shimmery brown that is rather cool (almost a deep taupe).

The shadows are very smooth and blend easily. With an exception of the dark brown, they are not super pigmented . These four shadows work very well together, but the dark brown creates a look that isn't quite a 'neutral eye' any more... but more dramatic.

The packaging is standard, but sturdy. No mirror and the applicator is worthless (sponge on one end, brush on the other)
Overall I'd recommend purchasing this quad in Sedona Sunset over Touch of Brown.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2010 11:55:00 PM More reviews by LadyDianeC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my go to e/s compact because it travels well and it was dirt cheap at CVS for being under 5 bucks and it was 75% off. Gorgeous gold toned browns some cool some warm. These shimmery colors are buildable. There is a matte color in there, not very pretty but its there, one of the only misses in this quad. Love this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2009 12:22:00 AM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

One disturbing trend I've noticed among cosmetics line is that e/s sets have lesser quality than otherwise comparable e/s singles. Milani's Touch of Brown quad is unfortunately an example of this. Milani e/s are hit and miss for me anyway; some singles are quite good and others apply unevenly and are gritty (Sheer Sand, for instance). Touch of Brown is a hit and miss quad, but it's more miss than hit because the shadows universally don't wear well and some of them are just ugly. Top left: ivory with gold shimmer. Silky, beautiful. Bottom left: sheer, medium brown with matching gold shimmer. These shadows aren't very pigmented and go well together for a very simple but pretty day look. (Use a base or it's going to be a "very simple but pretty lasts-for-five-seconds look.) However, the right side is, for me, unusable. The top right is the only matte shade in the quad, which another reviewer aptly described as "mustardy." I'm too pink-toned to look good with mustard over my eyeballs, but I doubt that most people look good with mustard over their eyeballs anyway. The bottom right is a darker brown with the same gold shimmer as the other shimmery shades. It wants to be dark... but it's just not pigmented enough to look good and looks like shimmery poop. I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by alicia2kate

I received this quad as a gift.
It has a great set of colors, though I am partial to the 2 darker hues. I usually wear brown shadow and this one quickly replaced the others I had before. I like the shimmer, though it isn't as visible to me.

_Edit July 2010: I have been using this quad less since I dropped it and
damaged the compact. I have replaced this with WnW Ultimate Expressions Sand Castle palette (discontinued). When I do use this quad, it is to layer over a lighter shadow color to blend the color into a brown.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2009 8:43:00 PM More reviews by wiccawonder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These are great neutral colors. I'm MAC NC50 with severe discoloration on my lids. With the exception of the two top colors that are a beige tone, the other two colors are gorgeous. There is a shimmery teddy bear brown and a dark brown that reminds me of embark but shimmery. Both require only two layers on my discolored lids. That is a huge plus because I don't have to pack the color on. I will def repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2008 7:21:00 PM More reviews by iloveblush

I've seen this at CVS so many times but no being much of an e/s girl, I never bought. I picked this up tonight for retail therapy purposes and I'm so glad I did! I love, love the colors - they are so glamorous! Perfect for my NC35 skin. Also, they are very pigmented, just like a H/E e/s. Edited to take one lippie off - lasting power is not the best.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2008 12:50:00 AM More reviews by scheda

I like this quad. The colors are very pigmented, they last for several hours, and I can create a great brown smokey eye with this. I think the shades also look very natural with my skin tone. But I guess I'm not a shimmer person, it gets everywhere, and it doesn't look as good later in the day after getting oily.