Lancome Color Focus Palette - Belle de Jour 102

2.3

on 6/7/2006 4:00:00 AM

I do expect a bit more when I pay this much. Belle De jour is gorgeous on its own container but I do agree that the colors are so hard to blend and work with. And it is not only this Lancome quad that is so hard to work with. I have noticed that there is a difference if you buy a single shade or if you get a palette. I have owned 3 lancome palettes all with the same problems. Even though it is all supposed to be just as good "color focus" quality the palettes and singles are totally different, singles being very blendable, silky and easy to work with. Also those Duos that come in a single like contianer that are split on the middle...they are also very good, silky and blendable.
Colors are: Gold, straight green, light baby blue, and a purple.
From Now on I will be only interested in Lancome singles and the split pan duos. EDIT: Had to lower the rate, these are just hopeless to work with! I am amazed how bad they are.

on 11/10/2005 10:16:00 PM

So disappointed in this product. The eyeshadows are difficult to blend, apply, and work with. There is very little color payoff. The purple and green shades do a lot better if you wet them and use them as a liner, but they're just not worth the trouble. I very well may put this up for swap.

This is from Lancôme's 2005 LE Spring "The French Riviera" collection. The 4 colors in this eyeshadow palette are yellow, emerald green, plum and baby blue. Included are 2 regular applicators for blending and 1 shading applicator for more precise application close to the lashes. The packaging is truly beautiful, the cover has several circles in blue/grey, sky blue, grey, taupe, brown and purple. When you open the lid, the inside plastic is all coated in silver, unlike the palettes from Lancome's regular collection which is in black.

The yellow goes on the eyes very subtlely and looks nice when paired with the green. However after a few uses, I find that under the yellow and green eyeshadows, there are sparkles which I'm not very fond of, but at least they don't show up on your eyes too much. The blue and plum don't have sparkles underneath which is good if you despize sparkles/glitters with passion like me!These are pigmented eyeshadows, but i find the colors don't show up as well as Dior's (yet I'm afraid of using Dior's cuz their main ingredient is highly comedogenic, see my review). Also the yellow and green eyeshadows seem to be harder than the blue and purple ones...weird. Overall, i'd give the eyeshadows 3.5 lippies, but since the packaging is so nice, I boost it to 4 lippies! :)

continued >>