October 22, 2014 | 1920 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Ardell - False Lashes 116

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by inkyblaine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

So, heres what happened to me. Latisse: I used it for a few glorious months before I started to get a weird rash near my eye. It may have been unrelated but my dermatologist told me discontinue everything. So after my lashes went back to their sad sad state of short, my heart sunk. Like many other people I thought false lashes were impossible to put on, but, with a little practice I now put lashes on in less than 5 minutes. I started with the 109s, and they just didn't give me the effect I wanted. the 116s are my holy grail. I get about 10-12 uses out of a set. when I come home I take them off and gently pick the glue off( I like Duo glue). The downside is now Im hooked on false lashes, and I feel ugly in the face without them.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by azgirl929

After all these years and money spending on getting my short lashes to look longer because I thought fake lashes were expensive and a "pain" to wear, Ardell has proven me wrong! So far I have only tried the one style (#116), but looking forward to expand my lash line! These lashes are very easy to apply and look fab! And the price is wonderful since you can get more than 2-3 use's out of them. When your boyfriend says "your eyes and face looks different" (in a good way), that's a good sign to keep on lashing!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by aljeca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh my goodness, I just bought my first-ever pair of false eyelashes (I have worn them ONCE before at a wedding but I in general did not like the way my eye makeup turned out that day) and I LOVEEEE these! I think I may have a new addiction. I just happened to get Ardell 116, I was originally planning to pick up a pair of MUFE or MAC lashes but I was at a drug store and thought, while I'm experimenting I will try a cheaper brand. The Ardell 116 was being sold in a "starter kit" with glue and an applicator. So I brought them home, I watched a couple of Youtube videos on how to apply lashes (lol) and tried it out... I did my eyeshadow, put on a thin line of black liquid liner, put on mascara, and put a thin line of the glue on the lashes, waited 20 seconds until the glue was tacky and applied to my lids while looking down (which really helped!) They went on perfectly the first time! I am not exactly a makeup pro, and I cannot BELIEVE how awesome my eyes look with such a simple addition, and how quick the results are! I only took off one star cuz on my eyes, the outer edges look a BIT theatrical (my bf swears he loves it though, and it's really not too bad just a big change from my natural sparse and short lashes). I think I will try cutting the outer edges down a smidgen but otherwise.. my mind is blown LOL

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by PositivelyRadiant

I have an entire drawer filled with Ardell lashes - that's how much I love them! I used to spring for the super-expensive Shu Uemura lashes, but I'd much rather get 5-6 Ardell lashes for the price of 1 Shu Uemura lash.

The 116 lash is the most dramatic of the natural-looking lashes. If you truly want a dramatic look, then go for #115 or #139. The comment I usually get when I wear these lashes is, "Are those your real lashes?" The lashes look so perfect that people have to question whether or not they're fake, but they're not so obviously fake that people automatically assume they're fake.

Also, the darker and more dramatic your eyeshadow is, the less you'll notice this lash. Therefore, opt for a more dramatic lash, or simply apply a thickening mascara to the lashes, once the glue has dried and they're firmly in place. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2008 11:07:00 AM More reviews by notagoodidea

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As I have really crummy eyelashes - long, thin, straight and sparse, I have been experimenting with false lashes for several months now. I've worked my way thru Shisedo, Sugar, Maybelline and Ardell. The # 116's in black look more natural than any others I've tried.
I just brush some brown shadow on my lid and crease and glue those babies on with the Lash Grip dark. That's right - no eyeliner, lash curling or mascara. Please know that I have tried all types of lash curlers form $ to $$$ and none of them keep a curl. So far so good with the Ardell 116's!!!! UPDATE Lashes will NOT stick at all if I'm wearing pencil eyeliner - the slowly work their way off my eyelid. Latisse, take me away!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2006 9:19:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

I love these lashes. They're my alternative to MAC's #7s. The strip, as mentioned, is clear, and the tapered effect lends a natural look. My lashes blend right in with these - they're not excessively long, but I do trim the last two sections, because length wise, they can be a little much for my eye size and shape. At $7/pair (CAD), these are an excellent buy. I'd purchase these more often than the #7s if I didn't like using my empty lash containers for MAC's recycling program. =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2005 8:31:00 PM More reviews by PoisonedIvy

These have a wonderful advantage over most. The strip they're on is clear, rather than black. The ones with a heavy black strip make my eyes look droopy and tired. These actually look a lot like the individual clumps I love to play with- they are built similarly, with clumps of about 5 lashes every few millimeters on a clear plastic strip. Plus, they have a tapered effect, with the outer corner being more dramatic and longer than the inner. Cool! If only I could get them to stick to my makeup, they'd be perfect. Heh. That's more my retardation than anything else, I don't blame the lashes. I will still usually use the individual clumps if I'm feeling false-eyelashy, but these are a much faster way to acheive a similar effect. Very nice. And cheap!!