April 18, 2014 | 1930 users online

Eye Shadow - mark - I-Mark Custom Shadow - Plum Velvet

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

I really do enjoy the mark eye shadows considering having both ds and he brands of eye shadows, this is a good brand. This is one of the few eye shadows in my collection that I have hit pan on and for good reason. This color is very pigmented and applies smoothly. The color pay off is great and plum velvet describes it perfectly. Sounds weird but my eye color changes to a more greenish color when I wear this eye shadow. Especially in the sun. The color works perfect on its own or in the crease or bottom lash line. I'm very picky about purple eye shadows but this one works very well. I would suggest ordering the empty mark palette and putting the mark eye shadows in that or if you have another magnetic eye shadow pan palette that works also. I have 5 other eye shadows from mark besides this one and a get glowing blush that I put in the large size mark palette and the palette is really convenient for me. I will definitely have to be repurchasing this soon. The price isn't bad at all either so it's worth giving it a try:)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by lydiafan77

I bought this shadow back in 2010. And I did like it and wear it. Also wore it in pictures. But later, I don't know what got into me, that I decided to throw it away. Now, two years later, after experimenting with more purple shadows of different brand names, I look at the picture of me wearing the purple shadow from mark and come to the conclusion that the color Plum Velvet looked very well with my coloring and so I plan on buying it again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A beautiful purple color that I wish lasted longer on the lid. I use this with java in the crease and cake at the inner corner of the eye and a brown liner and brown mascara. It also goes nice with Piccadilly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 7:23:00 PM More reviews by earthymoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Like most of the darker mark. eyeshadows, I'm not a fan of this. I use it for a smokey look but I feel the color loses most of it's purplish plum tone when applied. All the shimmer disappears when applied. It doesn't apply evenly and requires a lot of blending and buffing to get an even finish (probably the reason why I lose the shimmer). It feels like I'm working with a cheap matte shadow.
With UDPP I get a slightly better result but not much.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by jsahawkwiz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This could be my favorite shade of shadow. I love purples, and this one is a keeper. It's not just purple. It's got a smokey look to it. And as with other Mark shadows, you can put on one layer for a light color. With each layer, you get a more saturated color. This makes a for an excellent smoky eye. LOVE IT

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by bstorm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Maybe purple eye shadows just don't look good on me. This makes my eyes look bruised. It is sheer and matte, so it doesn't really go on well. Pretty color though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2009 11:42:00 PM More reviews by cequalls

I'm in LOVE with this shadow! I got it along with Minx & Fairy Dust & the three together make a gorgeous smokey eye! The best part? After a night downtown of walking around, sweating, dancing and drinks the stuff is still exactly in place & hasn't creased or faded! Amazing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2009 2:00:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Plum Velet goes on a bit too dark for me to see any plum in it. It also looks very matte on me, I prefer some shimmer. Heavy pigmentation Used w/ UDPP

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2008 11:59:00 PM More reviews by angellbing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I probably have enough purple/plum toned shadows to last me a lifetime, but I couldn't stop myself from getting this one, as well. It's a nice way to wear a plum shade without announcing it to the whole world. On me (dark complexion), it's very subtle but adds a little extra touch to an otherwise neutral eye. Because I have so many shadows in the color family, I may not ever use this up, but I would repurchase if I did. The magnetic cases are great, but I do wish they would also offer their i-marks in single cases (not just the flimsy plastic these shadows come in). I've filled up several cases but still have a few shadows with no home, waiting for me to use up another shade to make room for them in the cases. And I'd rather not keep buying cases (because it leads to me buying more makeup that I don't need!).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2006 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Meaninc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

very nice darker plum shade with just the right amount of shimmer. This is a good e/s for the price. it doesn't wear off and never creases. I just purchased hthis last week and I am using it as a liner, and also for creasing. It looks good for a very subtle smokey eye. The only thing I don't like is the packaging. they could have provided a better casing than the flimsy plastic holder they provide. Mark almost forces you to pay $6 for the compact to hold these. overall good product.