August 29, 2014 | 1699 users online

Mascara - Kiss Me - Mascara in Blue

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2009 5:17:00 PM More reviews by miranets

My lashes: black, short, straight, point downwards, very fine (clumps easily). This stuff smells strongly, makes my eyes water slightly... Using on bare lashes, with curl, this stuff is just average, doesn't hold the curl, can't really build up without clumping even according to instructions to re coat while wet. It did not run or smudge though.
With Shiseido base and curl, it looks really nice, just an everyday natural look, no drama. Adds little length but some volume and darkens to a deep blue which is subtle and good for a day/office eye look. I do not like these traditional coil bristle combs, widely spaced and you have to shift back and forth horizontally to ensure good separation.

However, still looking for another blue mascara with better formula and applicator. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2007 4:36:00 AM More reviews by akennedy54

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

By far the best mascara product I've tried. Loved how easy removal is since I still am unable to find a eye makeup removal product that suits me. Only negatives I've found are: 1) Price - higher than I'd like to spend on mascara; and 2) Function - wand came out of the cap as product dried around rim. Cons are definitely easy to overlook when it comes to this product. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2007 10:28:00 AM More reviews by meldridge

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!! The best mascara I have ever used, without any doubt!!! Sorry... this is going to be a long one because for $24 a tube it took a lot to convince me to try it, so I want to share ;) Intrigued by idea of blue mascara making eyes appear whiter/brighter when I came across
"Benefit Badgal Blue" in the latest Bliss catalog... Immediately went to P'ville to check out reviews :) Sooooo glad I did that because apparently the Badgal is a thick formula for volume/thickness... I have naturally thick lashes so I prefer a glossy formula that lengthens and separates... a search for "blue mascara" and "Kiss Me" came up... Reviews described it to be the formula I like... But, $24 at Sephora made me hesitate (ordering online, so I couldn't try it first)... Since I could return to Sephora if I didn't like, I bit the bullet and ordered the Blue... Pulling the wand out of the tube, the blue looked a bit scary at first glance... But like others stated, it went on dark over my already dark lashes and I couldn't even see the blue color on my lashes, just the beautiful lengthened, separated, glossy finish that it gave!!! And it really does whiten/brighten, no flaking or clumping whatsoever, no streaks even when my eyes watered (seasonal allergies) and it lasted ALL day for me... Somehow I didn't get from other reviews that the "Kiss Me" brand uses a completely different formula/technology... Below their logo, it says "STOP painting your lashes, TUBE them"... That is the best way to describe this mascara... It somehow perfectly surrounds and adheres to lashes but separates them with a beautiful glossy finish... Almost looked and felt like a super-fine micro-thin coating of a glossy latex-like consistency when I removed with plenty of warm water, a cotton round and my normal DHC cleansing oil for rest of my face... I didn't find it difficult to remove at all, and left NO residue behind because I could see what came off in the sink, really weird and kinda shocking because I wasn't expecting it... Also comes in other colors... I am anxious to try the dark green or dark purple to bring out green in my hazel colored eyes... ;) Only negative I can even mention is that packaging is excessive... Box that contains a metal tube that contains the actual product that is then in usual plastic wrap... UPDATE: Just found that Kiss Me website shows an animation of the "TUBES" formed around lashes: http://www.blincinc.com/us/kiss_me_mascara.php
*Hope this helps another mua'er trying to decide... :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2007 7:07:00 PM More reviews by gatinha321

I had tried the dark purple color untested from Sephora and loved it so when I found a deal on ebay and got a backup, I got the blue one too. I'm fascinated by this color. I love the purple for the way it makes my brown eyes pop and because it's shimmery and makes my lashes shiny. I like the blue because in my drab office light, you can't tell it's blue but it does make the whites of my eyes brighter. In the sun, my lashes are definitely blue. Depending on the angle of the sun, from straight on, my lashes are a shiny, slightly shimmery navy or if the sun hits my lashes from the side, they look like shiny cobalt lashes. I was shocked when I pulled the brush out the first time because it's a really bright blue and looked opaque. I was worried I'd look like a circus freak. Fortunately it dries to a beautiful color. I was really frustrated with the newly designed brush at first too. I didn't really like the older, smaller brush but I got used to it. The bristles in the newly redesigned packaing are a little far apart for my liking. I almost cut the brush off and went with disposable ones because I was so annoyed. I finally figured out it was my technique. I really have to scrape as much excess mascara off as I can or I'll have spiky spider lashes.

I really like the ease of removal too so I'll definitely repurchase this color.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2007 11:24:00 PM More reviews by sasha671

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

HG. Doesnt smudge, run. Blue makes the white of the eye v bright

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2006 10:16:00 PM More reviews by tinamullane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The only mascara I have every been able to wear that does not flake into my contact lens and sensitive eyes. The blue is on the darker side so not too garish and very eye opening. Thank you Kiss me for making a mascara I can wear and believe me after years of not being able to wear mascara it is a miracle product. Have been using for two years Love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2006 4:50:00 PM More reviews by LindzeeB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't know why there are so many good reviews of this mascara. I think it is the worst one I've ever used (and I've probably tried over 50 different types in my lifetime). After several coats, it hardly shows up at all on my lashes (the blue one is worse than the black one for not showing). I've had better luck using Maybelling Great Lash in Blue than this product for getting a nice blue lash look. I would never buy Kiss Me Mascara again!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2006 3:04:00 AM More reviews by akathisia

Kiss Me mascara can't be beat. It stays on perfectly until you're good and ready to remove it, and then it comes off without a mess. No make-up remover needed here, just warm water and a gentle touch to slide off the "tubes" it forms around your lashes.

I was introduced to this product 5 years ago by a make-up artist friend, and to my surprise, she urged me to purchase the blue shade instead of basic black. She was on to something. The blue isn't too theatrical, and it makes my eyes look brighter and more awake. When dry, it has a nice glossy quality.

Don't get me wrong, the black version is fantastic, but there's something about the way the blue catches the light that is different and pretty.

Even if you don't go for the blue shade, you really must try Kiss Me mascara. It's brilliant.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2005 6:41:00 PM More reviews by thaliaucla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this blue mascara! It looks great paired with Lancome Blue Lapis liner. This is a nice shade of blue and I like how it makes my eye lashes look very defined, long and super glossy. I really hate dull lashes ~that's one of my biggest pet peeves and that's why I love Kiss Me. It always makes my lashes look super glossy almost wet! :o) This stuff doesn't move or budge at ALL due to the tubal formula so it can get a little stiff by the end of the day but it's worth it for me because it doesn't flake or smudge at all! even after a night of dancing in a hot & sweaty nightclub, lol. When it slides off it can be a little scary because it all comes off in one clump. Enjoy! :o) You will love this stuff! it's very unique.