DevaCurl No Poo

3.7

on 6/15/2015 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

This is my favorite cleansing conditioner I'm used thus far but something in this makes my head itch. I wish I knew what it was. I'm disappointed cause I thought this was going to work for me.

on 4/11/2015 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have almost completely straight, fine, delicate hair.

.... And yet I couldnt resist trying my neice's bottles in the shower (I am visiting my sister) today.
I dont know about getting "adjusted"... Because my hair needed no adjustment to this. My hair came out so clean and beautiful after using these products. I was hoping that the products would bring out my waves more... But alas, the opposite happened (with air dry, large tooth comb, scrunching it... ) It still dried pretty straight. In fact, biolage conditioning balm makes my hair wavier than this stuff, and thats using a regular comb, and no scrunching.
But anyway... Its still a really nice duo... I will probably buy the big bottles of this to have as part of my rotation. It seems to be a fortifying, really healthy product line (going by how great my hair looks and feels).
My hair is SO outrageously shiny and feels really nourished... not weighed down at all... not coated at all... Just shiny and nourished. (hours later I cant stop touching my hair!)

I am growing my hair long again, and want to keep it in great condition as it grows. This may be the ticket (or one of them, at least). My usual go-to's for hair nourishment are the GVP version or the original Biolage Conditioning Balm, Tigi's Moisture Maniac conditioner, Aquage Healing Conditioner, and Creations Garden Leave-in (but I use that one as a deep conditioning treatment that I wash out). For shampoo I usually just stick with Biolage hydrating shampoo or the GVP version... OR Traite sulfate free shampoo.
But the Devacurl No-poo was AMAZING to use, and hair felt fully cleaned by it... And far less dry than when I use the other shampoos I listed above.

This is good stuff, and I think I now understand the price-tag. Once again, a rare product and the rarity and effectiveness make the price of this worth it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really like this product. For years, I used harsh shampoos with sulfates in my hair every day because I didn't really start embracing my natural hair until recently. I have problems with frizz and very dry hair, and this product takes the oily look out of my hair while not drying it out. The only con is that it can be a little heavy after not using any other cleanser after a while, so I suggest using a normal shampoo or a clarifying shampoo every once in a while.

on 2/4/2015 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I started using the DevaCurl No-Poo Shampoo and Conditioner about 6 months ago. I had only transitioned over to my naturally curly hair for a few months prior and had been using shampoos that contained sulfates. My hair was unruly and full of frizz which I couldn't seem to control. This devacurl line saved me--after about a week of using I had less frizz, tighter curls, and more shine to my hair. The price is expensive, at 20 dollars a pop. I have short, above shoulder length hair so it lasted me 6 months, which I was pleasantly surprised at considering the small bottle. The product is dense so while it seemed like I was using a lot, I wasn't. For longer hair, though, this would be an expensive purchase. It doesn't lather, but isn't hard to work into hair. It doesn't give you that squeaky-clean feeling (it's not supposed to), which is nice because it feels much healthier for your hair.

However, my hair has become much dryer and frizzier in the past couple of months, most likely because of the colder weather. Currently I am only using the DevaCurl No-Poo and conditioner, and of course I would benefit from using a leave-in conditioner or deep treatment. That said, I just don't think this line is worth the price. For what it costs, I think this line should be doing more for my hair than it is. If I'm spending $40 on shampoo and conditioner, I want it to really be moisturizing, or I'm going to find a better alternative so I can purchase other treatments without breaking the bank. Especially as my hair grows longer I think it won't be worth it. I am out of my Devacurl product and am going to try the SheaMoisture line, which has great reviews and is half the price. I am not going to repurchase the No-Poo shampoo and conditioner unless I really can't find something else to use.

TL;DR: Better results with this line than with sulfate shampoos, but I don't think the product lives up to its price. Probably will not repurchase.

on 10/5/2014 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been using this for 2 weeks with DevaCurl conditioner and gel, it works great! It's odd at first to use shampoo that doesn't make suds, but you kind of massage it into your scalp rather than run it through all of your hair. The scalp massage feels good and afterwards, my hair does feel cleansed without being stripped. It smells good, kind of minty. I wash my hair daily but don't need a lot of shampoo, so the bottle will last a good while.
I don't know if I can go back to using a sudsy shampoo, this one is so nice!

on 8/13/2014 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I didn't find this product to be very moisturizing at all. My hair didn't feel all the way clean either. And, i am not a fan of its scent at all. This product simply ended up being a huge fail for me.

on 7/21/2014 12:14:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have type 3a curls, fine/medium texture, high porosity, highlighted/color treated. I also live in very humid, Southwest Florida. My curl pattern is lazy due to environment, sports and mother time and if I don't take proper care of my hair (keep it hydrated), the Florida humidity will suck the life the out of it ensuring bad hair days for 8 months out of the year.

I have used both the Low Poo and the No Poo by DevaCurl and hands down, for most curlies, I truly believe that No Poo is the better option. I always thought that with my lazy, 3a curls that Low Poo would be the best bet for volume, etc... but this simply is not the case. Where frizz is involved, there is a moisture problem and No Poo is the first step in addressing this. When I use Low Poo, halo frizz factor is much higher.

After wetting my hair in the shower, I apply about a quarters worth of No Poo to my length and then another quarters worth to my scalp. I then quickly rewet my scalp and massage, massage, massage! I then rinse completely and follow with DevaCurl One Condition. Whenever I stray from DevaCurl, it takes about 5 washings for my hair to really rehydrate and one week out, I often find myself wondering if I even need to apply any One Condition. The No Poo leaves my hair THAT hydrated.

No Poo has a very light, minty scent and I have never experienced any build-up with the product. There is no doubt that DevaCurl products take a bit of experimenting with... maybe too much experiment time for most people looking for instantaneous results; however, if you are patient and enjoy working with your hair, these products will work! I have a feeling that folks who dislike many of the Deva products simply do not give the system enough time to work or they are using the products incorrectly. continued >>

on 7/10/2014 8:32:00 PM

I have 3C curls. I colour. My hair is past my shoulders. I always come back to this. Especially in summer. This keeps my hair soft and sane. No brillo hair. No pyramid head. No problems.

on 6/28/2014 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this, but it did nothing my for thick wavy/curly hair. In fact, using it with the conditioner and gel, I wound up getting a heavy product build-up that looked like bad dandruff!! UGH! Won't repurchase. There are many moisturizing shampoos that clean much better--like Ouidad Ultra Nourishing Cleansing Oil.

on 6/9/2014 11:00:00 PM

This is the first time I've written a review (despite wanting to write others) but that's because I've just figured out that this shampoo is what has actually been causing me much anguish the past couple of months. I had thought that I was breaking out terribly and in a way I never had before because I stopped using Proactiv suddenly; instead, the disastrous state of my forehead is due to this product. Some other people have said it's caused them to break out but haven't known why - I think it might be because this contains cocamidopropyl betaine, which is apparently coconut-derived. This also never did anything at all for my fine, wavy/curly hair - I kept using it because it's expensive and I didn't want it to go to waste, but now that I know it's the culprit for my messed up skin I'm throwing this stuff out right away!