DevaCurl No Poo

3.7

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have very curly, dry yet fine hair and found this cleanser works great for me.

It's amazing how in the shower you can literally feel your hair transform from rough to soft while distributing this product. Hair is soft and easy to brush...it's great. The fragrance is also nice- kinda citrus-y....it's fantastic!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Well, heck.

My hair is soooo thin and thinning more every year. My curls are a mix of 3a/2c (2c more so in the back where my hair is thicker) and prone to dryness. I don't have breakage or damage issues. I shampoo sometimes daily if I need to or go as long as 3 days.

Now, I love how the no poo is so softening in the shower! It feels so NICE. No tangles at all. However, when I use this (with the devacurl one condition or any other cone-free conditioner) my hair always looks lackluster and dull. I don't know what the actual prob is. Maybe it doesn't clean my hair as well as I need it to. It doesn't feel greasy though.

I was just sure I'd love the devacurl products (I DO love the coconut cream styler) and I love the idea of the no poo. Even sulfate free shampoos dry my hair out terribly if they lather so I was not put off by lack of lather at all.

Dry curly hair folks everywhere know how hard it is to get your hair shiny and not dull looking. This just didn't really do it for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

No Poo is a blessing in a bottle. I have fine wavy hair that was destroyed when I had a Global Keratin Treatment. The stylist set the straightener too high and literally fried my hair. It looked smooth, flat and shiny the day she did it. The first time I washed it if I lay on it, it would kink in weird ways and was dry and brittle. I had to have my long hair cut to shoulder length and still it has some dryness to it. Finding Nopoo has been a life saver, it is gentle on my fragile hair and leaves it looking clean and healthy. I am trying to use products with no drying ingredients in them and this fits the bill. I would recommend to anybody trying to salvage their hair.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've been using this product for almost a year now and I totally love it! About two years ago I decided I wanted to embrace my natural 2c-3a curls after countless years of straightening it daily. I did a bit of research and decided to switch to a sulfate free shampoo. After about 6 months I realized my hair wasn't growing at all. I did more research and decided to do a huge chop to take off all the damage. About a year later I realized it still wasn't really growing and it was just really dry. I started using this product and it changed everything. At first I thought it was weird. I was use to the foamy, bubbly shampoos, but after a while I learned you didn't need bubbles to get your hair clean. This product was enough. I use this with DevaCurl one condition and I LOVE it! It leaves my hair very clean, but also very moisturized, without weighing my hair down. The product itself has a strong minty smell, I know some that don't like it but I love it, and it doesn't linger in your hair. What I really like about this product is you feel the minty-ness on your scalp and you really feel it cleaning. It's a very thick consistency, but as I said before, it doesn't weigh my hair down. It keeps my hair soft, moisturized, bouncy, and just beautiful! I have repurchased countless times and I will continue to repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

This is my favorite cleansing conditioner I'm used thus far but something in this makes my head itch. I wish I knew what it was. I'm disappointed cause I thought this was going to work for me.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have almost completely straight, fine, delicate hair.

.... And yet I couldnt resist trying my neice's bottles in the shower (I am visiting my sister) today.
I dont know about getting "adjusted"... Because my hair needed no adjustment to this. My hair came out so clean and beautiful after using these products. I was hoping that the products would bring out my waves more... But alas, the opposite happened (with air dry, large tooth comb, scrunching it... ) It still dried pretty straight. In fact, biolage conditioning balm makes my hair wavier than this stuff, and thats using a regular comb, and no scrunching.
But anyway... Its still a really nice duo... I will probably buy the big bottles of this to have as part of my rotation. It seems to be a fortifying, really healthy product line (going by how great my hair looks and feels).
My hair is SO outrageously shiny and feels really nourished... not weighed down at all... not coated at all... Just shiny and nourished. (hours later I cant stop touching my hair!)

I am growing my hair long again, and want to keep it in great condition as it grows. This may be the ticket (or one of them, at least). My usual go-to's for hair nourishment are the GVP version or the original Biolage Conditioning Balm, Tigi's Moisture Maniac conditioner, Aquage Healing Conditioner, and Creations Garden Leave-in (but I use that one as a deep conditioning treatment that I wash out). For shampoo I usually just stick with Biolage hydrating shampoo or the GVP version... OR Traite sulfate free shampoo.
But the Devacurl No-poo was AMAZING to use, and hair felt fully cleaned by it... And far less dry than when I use the other shampoos I listed above.

This is good stuff, and I think I now understand the price-tag. Once again, a rare product and the rarity and effectiveness make the price of this worth it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really like this product. For years, I used harsh shampoos with sulfates in my hair every day because I didn't really start embracing my natural hair until recently. I have problems with frizz and very dry hair, and this product takes the oily look out of my hair while not drying it out. The only con is that it can be a little heavy after not using any other cleanser after a while, so I suggest using a normal shampoo or a clarifying shampoo every once in a while.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I started using the DevaCurl No-Poo Shampoo and Conditioner about 6 months ago. I had only transitioned over to my naturally curly hair for a few months prior and had been using shampoos that contained sulfates. My hair was unruly and full of frizz which I couldn't seem to control. This devacurl line saved me--after about a week of using I had less frizz, tighter curls, and more shine to my hair. The price is expensive, at 20 dollars a pop. I have short, above shoulder length hair so it lasted me 6 months, which I was pleasantly surprised at considering the small bottle. The product is dense so while it seemed like I was using a lot, I wasn't. For longer hair, though, this would be an expensive purchase. It doesn't lather, but isn't hard to work into hair. It doesn't give you that squeaky-clean feeling (it's not supposed to), which is nice because it feels much healthier for your hair.

However, my hair has become much dryer and frizzier in the past couple of months, most likely because of the colder weather. Currently I am only using the DevaCurl No-Poo and conditioner, and of course I would benefit from using a leave-in conditioner or deep treatment. That said, I just don't think this line is worth the price. For what it costs, I think this line should be doing more for my hair than it is. If I'm spending $40 on shampoo and conditioner, I want it to really be moisturizing, or I'm going to find a better alternative so I can purchase other treatments without breaking the bank. Especially as my hair grows longer I think it won't be worth it. I am out of my Devacurl product and am going to try the SheaMoisture line, which has great reviews and is half the price. I am not going to repurchase the No-Poo shampoo and conditioner unless I really can't find something else to use.

TL;DR: Better results with this line than with sulfate shampoos, but I don't think the product lives up to its price. Probably will not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been using this for 2 weeks with DevaCurl conditioner and gel, it works great! It's odd at first to use shampoo that doesn't make suds, but you kind of massage it into your scalp rather than run it through all of your hair. The scalp massage feels good and afterwards, my hair does feel cleansed without being stripped. It smells good, kind of minty. I wash my hair daily but don't need a lot of shampoo, so the bottle will last a good while.
I don't know if I can go back to using a sudsy shampoo, this one is so nice!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I didn't find this product to be very moisturizing at all. My hair didn't feel all the way clean either. And, i am not a fan of its scent at all. This product simply ended up being a huge fail for me.

Popular Hair Products