September 17, 2014 | 1266 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Clear

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by CatjeRom

I primarily use this for my eyebrows, keeps them in place for a long time! Did try it for my eyelashes but since I already use another mascara,this is perfect as a brow gel, and if you have naturally long lashes and don't need too much product, this is great!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by angelicab

I had just got my eyebrows done so I needed something to keep my eyebrows in place and I came across this product. I know its not typically used to keep the eyebrows in place but I did some research and found that it worked for the people who tried. My eyebrows are long and thick so if you are planning to use this product the same way I did and have the same kind of eyebrows as me, it probably wont work.
This review isn't really fair since I haven't used it on my lashes but this is something for all those who are gonna try the same thing I did.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by emmyferrier

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

So far I've used it for both lashes and brows and it has made my lashes soft but doesen't show much volume or length. The brows I don't think I applied enough so there was no hold. It dried pretty quickly for me unlike others who have stated it takes forever to dry! Would repurchase again but will update when I use it more!:)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by iwikiwii

I use this clear gel to set my eyebrows in place. (I don't bother with clear mascara :p)

PROS
- great price
- holds eyebrows in place all day
- shows up wet but dries quickly

CONS
- can apply too much product if you're not careful with it

This product has made my brows look so much better, especially in combination with a brow powder. I would recommend this product to anyone who wants their brows to stay in place all day!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I got this the last time I was in the States as weirdly Maybelline don't have this as part of their UK makeup line. Which seems odd when you consider they have the other mascaras in the Great Lash range. But anyway, I digress...

I use this purely for taming my eyebrows and compared to others I've tried, this has been the best so far. As the name suggests it's a clear gel that you can use on your eyelashes and/or on your eyebrows. it doesn't really smell of anything and after about 1 minute following application it becomes almost tacky on the eyebrows, meaning you can mould them into place before they dry completely. This lasts all day and is easily removed with eye makeup remover or just by cleansing your face. The only downside is the see-through tube which is handy to see how much product is left but also shows you how disgusting it's getting. My last one literally turned brown, which I can only assume was from my eyebrow pencil as opposed to actual dirt, but it was quite off-putting and definitely led to me throwing it away before I'd used it all up.

I can't remember how much I paid for this, but I'm guessing it won't have been more than about $5.00. I'll just have to remember to pick up some more next time I'm in the States!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by poppypayne

Been using this for years on my brows. Can't go wrong with clear gel to to shape and keep your brows in place all day! Still wishing there were more drugstore tinted brow gels (I've only encountered one or two,) but this does a great job setting my brows after I've applied my brow pencil or eyeshadow! Feels nice and cooling and conditioning.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 9:24:00 AM More reviews by AprilShowas123

Great. I've used on lashes for an ultra-natural look, and I always use this on my brows when I'm done filling them in. It's light and it holds & works and who could deny the price of this stuff?!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

As a mascara this fails in the most dramatic of ways. That being said, this is my favorite brow gel ever. I have gone through 2 tubes already and I can't say enough of it. It lasts forever and it keeps my brows in place all day but it doesn't make them look hard of crunchy if that makes sense. I'd call this a 'soft-hold' hairspray but for the brows. It does get gunky after a bit of use but the gel still works fine.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by starlight38

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to use Maybelline Great Lash in black, but it looked "fake" because I'm a redhead. With this, it makes my eyelashes look naturally longer. Perfect "no-makeup makeup" or as a beginner's mascara :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by treradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. I use it to set my eyebrows after putting powder on them and it helps to keep both my brows and powder in place. The best part is that there's no gooey feeling and my eyebrows don't feel crunchy after using it. The brush is tiny which makes it ideal for setting my eyebrows.
I used the Covergirl Professional Natural Lash Mascara for awhile but it was just a little too gooey and my eyebrows got crunchy-feeling after awhile. I'll definitely stick with this product, it works so well and is super cheap.