Maybelline Great Lash Clear

3.8

Aqua/Water, Alcohol Denat, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Polyvinyl, Alcohol, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Disodium EDTA

on 7/29/2015 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Absolute fave ! The only thing that really keeps my waterproof mascara from flaking every where on my face, I just wait for my mascara to be completely dry and put a thin layer on them and I'm ready to face the day ;) sometimes when I really want to have my eyebrows set in place I'll brush a little bit of the clear mascara on them, it's really good for that as well

on 6/18/2015 6:41:00 PM

I've never used this for my lashes. I use it to keep my brows in place and it does an excellent job! High end brow gels go for $15+ but this is certainly cheaper and does the same.

on 6/17/2015 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I just bought my tenth one of these, I probably go through 1 a year on average. It's Very YMMV though.

I think it's an excellent product and I have been using it for years.

I use this for 2 things.

1. A brow gel. It is my HG brow gel. It's wet for a few minutes, and take a little bit to dry so it is the LAST step in my makeup application routine, definitely something you apply AFTER powder. It being wet for a few minutes gives me some time to brush and straighten anything that might not being laying quite right. It's not a stiff gel when it dries. It's flexable. Which is great for me since I have had a lot of issues with gels drying and becoming too stiff than my hairs break.

2. I like this as a clear eye lash primer. I put this one first, and then I apply my mascara. I don't wait for it to dry. In my opinion, it seems to provide a layer of protection to my lashes. My hair has a tendency to dry out and break with mascara alone and this gives it a base that seems to protect it. I don't think it does anything to enhance the mascara though. I switched from Maybelline great lash, to Full and soft, and this clear gel works great with both.

I have used this on it's own for lashes. I think it is water resistant (it doesn't claim to be) but certainly not water proof. I don't curl my lashes so I haven't tested if It holds a curl. It's a clear gel so it's not a "natural" looking mascara, because it doesn't have anything in it to enhance lashes. It is good if you need to brush through your lashes and have extra hold. you can do things like mix this product in an eyeshadow and brush it through lashes or brows for color and hold.

this mascara does nothing for me except make my lashes look wet! I was hoping for a natural looking mascara that doesn't smudge (I'm a student and not allowed to wear make up to school) but my hopes were dashed. great concept maybelline, but bad product!

on 6/7/2015 12:33:00 PM

Bottom line: I would probably attempt to find another product before I repurchased this, but this (mostly) does the job of keeping my eyebrows in place,

I used to use a bit of vaseline to set my eyebrows, but I wanted something more convenient to use. I'd heard decent things about this, and found it on sale, so I decided to pick it up.

Well, it is more convenient. Just grab and apply, really. The wand picks up waaay too much product for me (even after wiping off excess before application), so I do need to grab a spooly to spread it evenly.

It holds my eyebrows in place, mostly. It has some issues with some unruly hairs at the very start of my arch, just before my brows peak and taper into the tail. These hairs stick right out into the space under my arch, and this gel does NOTHING. In this instance, the vaseline worked better - but only marginally.

I have decently full brows, about medium thickness, with some sparseness near the start. I use an old Revlon eyebrow powder with a generic liner brush to fill them in before using the gel to set.

on 4/21/2015 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Clear mascara does NOTHING for me - I need BLACK pigment to define my lashes.

No harm, no foul and at $4.99 who cares.

Use it as brow gel??

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This is excellent for brows! I use this after filling in and it keeps everything neat and in place the whole day. I would definitely repurchase for this reason!

on 3/18/2015 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It gives the same results as a colored mascara but it's clear. This is great for people who have oily eyes like me and their mascara forms dark rings under their eyes.

on 2/6/2015 4:56:00 PM

If you have wiry, thick eyebrow hairs, dont even bother. its super wet, brush has way too much on it, takes forever to dry, and flakes off. its gross.

on 2/2/2015 12:59:00 AM

For Asian students like me, who aren't allowed to wear makeup to school, this product has been my lifesaver ever since I purchased it. It could be used as a clear mascara, a eyelash primer, and a clear brow gel. I like to use it as a mascara during week days because it makes my lashes look longer and add volume, yet it doesn't look like I'm wearing any mascara, so this product has been perfect for me during school days. However, it doesn't really do much for me during weekends, when I'm wearing full makeup.

Video Reviews & Tutorials