Paul Mitchell Super Strong Daily Conditioner

4.2

Not tested on animals

Water/Eau/Aqua, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cetyl Esters, Hydrolyzed Vegtable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Lactic Acid, PEG-180, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyquaternium-59, Butylene Glycol, Amodimethicone, Trideceth- 12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Glycerin, Canola Oil/Huile de Colza/Canola, Glycine, Soja (Soybean) Germ Extract, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Silica, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Magnesium Chloride, Magnesium Nitrate, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool

on 1/8/2015 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This has very high reviews, but did not work for my hair. My hair is past my shoulders, has some volume but can get frizzy, fine, wavy, never dyed, I hardly ever blow dry/straighten/curl, but it's still dry and prone to breakage and split ends. This shampoo and conditioner unfortunately make it feel dryer and don't do much for the volume/shine/body of my hair. For the price, I expected much more. My sister also had the same experience as I did.

I honestly have MUCH better results from Mane & Tail shampoo and conditioner, the L'Oreal hair mask (yellow jar, it's amazing), L'Oreal shampoos/conditioners generally, and Tresseme shampoos&conditioners -- but would not recommend Paul Mitchell Super Strong to people with my type of hair.

on 7/31/2014 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like the results I get with this conditioner. My hair looks like I have just made a visit to my hair salon when I use it. I use the matching shampoo, and I wash my hair every other day. My natural hair color is medium brown. The texture is fine and wavy. There is about 40% gray in my hair. So now, I've been a blonde for about a year ...thanks to my hair dresser. This conditioner keeps my hair looking healthy, and very manageable. Exactly what I wanted from a conditioner.

on 1/16/2014 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Pretty good - makes my chemically straightened hair soft and easy to brush through with minimal hairfall

on 6/7/2013 10:32:00 PM

i bought this on a whim because of the smell and deal i was receiving. my hair is fine, straight/wavy, medium length (middle of shoulder blade) damaged, and color treated. a lot of conditioners labeled as moisturizing didnt really make my hair feel moisturized, but left it somewhat soft and weighed down. i used this along with the shampoo made my hair soft, shiny, and moisturized, with body! i brought this along with me to my sisters house, and she loves it too! ( she has fine, long, curly, highlighted and color treated hair)

then i colored my hair red and was using a color protecting shampoo/conditioner and forgot all about this sitting in my beauty closet with many other shampoos/conditioners. (im a shampoo/conditioner junkie) until i wanted to see what would happen if i used this as a conditioner only wash. the result? awesome! my scalp doesnt feel oily or heavy a few days after using this (i try to wash my hair 2-3x a week to prevent my temporary color on top from fading)

on 6/5/2013 7:25:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought a large 1 litre bottle of this on offer at TK Maxx, having loved other Paul Mitchell products in the past. This one, I'm not loving. My hair seems to tangle more quickly than before, all the time. It also does little to tame my frizz. As to whether it has strengthened my hair or not...maybe? But if I'm constantly struggling to brush tangles out, I'm undoing any good that it may have done. Considering the size of the bottle, it would benefit from a pump dispenser also. Not for me.

I have damaged hair from dying it over the years. I have stopped dying it for over 6 months now, and don't plan on dying again in the near future, but the damage left from before is very evident. This conditioner has really helped. Mind you, I get trims every 3 months and don't use heat styling ever, so that helps too.
I usually condition my hair at night, go to bed with wet hair, and wake up with dry string bubblegum like hair at the ends. BUT when I use this conditioner at night, I wake up with smooth and strong hair. I normally only use high end hair products because they are the only ones that actually work for me, and this conditioner is an addition to those that work well for my damaged hair. I got it on sale for $15. Good buy. Would I buy again? Yes, but I always, no matter what, buy a different conditioner after I am done with a bottle of a different one. I like to switch it up so my hair doesn't get used to the compounds.
Oh, and my hairdresser who is from Italy, has won various awards, and has been in the business for 25 years said my hair feels much stronger and healthier since ive been using this conditioner. Moral of the story- it's good. Try it.

on 8/3/2011 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Love this conditioner - I have long highlight hair that is an too tangly after shampooing. This does the job and helps me to get a comb through it. Leaves my hair clean and shiny. Would recommend a weekly moisturising mask in addition.
EDIT: Have just knocked a lippie off because over time my hair became dry because this conditioner is not moisturising enough

on 2/20/2011 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I used this with the super strong shampoo and I saw no difference in the condition of my damaged hair. My hair dresser recommended this and she also told me to leave it on for awhile on the days that I wasn't busy so I did. My hair still stayed a tangled mess.

on 11/30/2010 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

i have overprocessed hair and when its wet its basically like spaghetti. this is the only conditioner ive tried that literally STRENGTHENS my hair. no more spaghetti ends :) smell is pleasent and makes my hair soft!!

on 11/30/2010 4:16:00 PM

My HG for anyone that has fine to medium hair and has done some damage to it. I have finer hair and love that this doesn't weigh it down and make it feel greasy but very clean and moisturized after I use it. The scent is light and clean and a little goes a long way.

Top Rated Paul Mitchell Products