October 23, 2014 | 1129 users online

Palettes - Stila - Double Duty Grey Palette

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2008 2:37:00 PM More reviews by cosmokid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of my all-time favourite palettes. I can get a myriad of looks with the eyeshadows, from an understated neutral eye (using Ecru and Fog, and using the Ebony to tightline) to a retro look (keeping the lid neutral with Ecru and Fog and using Ebony wet to line so it looks like liquid liner) to a more smoky eye by bringing in the Slate.
Both the blushes are gorgeous, and every time I do a look with this it looks perfect.
The palette itself with the hologram is really cute and pretty sturdy.
If you're wanting this palette all of the eyeshadow colours are in the current Stila collection, as well as one of the 2 blushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2004 1:44:00 AM More reviews by marin79

I just got this, and am in love. The grey shades are all just a bit more complex than black+white, they have a bit of depth and that makes a huge difference. The ecre shadow is very boring, but makes my eyes look awake! I like the blushes too. The whole palette looks very sophisticated and pretty. It really is day to night- professional to smokey and sexy! The mirror inside is a great addition, and I love the cute holograph on the outside. Of course, I wish it was plastic or metal, but for cardboard, this one is pretty sturdy. A definite winner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2004 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Merrydothe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has to be the most beautiful Palette I have ever owned from Stila. I created the most beautiful eye with it today! The greys came out a bit mauvey on me, which was beautiful--I would definitely rec this to anyone! So versatile-and the DD palettes are a great way to get a bunch of Stila colors at a great price! God bless the MUAer who CPed this for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2003 11:00:00 PM More reviews by drexalia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this palette. It looks really natural (suprisingly to me). I use it for work often for a professional look. And the packaging is so cute and perfect for traveling.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2003 3:35:00 PM More reviews by amyaub

This is a very beautiful and wearable palette. I love greys and these are no exceptions. The blushes are very nice as well. A great deal for all that you get.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2003 3:33:00 PM More reviews by scc79

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just wanted to say that I love this palette! The Stila makeup artist matched this look with sonia lipstick layered with berry lip glaze - and I got compliments on it within minutes! I think it's a great deal over all for 4 great shadows you can wear every season, plus two cute pink blushes that give you a great fresh-faced glow. I have medium-dark skin (Stila E), but I imagine the shades would flatter most any skin-tone. Plus the packaging, with its holographic stila girl is adorable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2002 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Stacy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've never worn a lot of gray eyeshadow but chose this palette at a DD event because I had most of the shades in the Plum and Cocoa palettes and the Peach one was way too warm. I'm glad I picked this one! The palette is adorable! The front is holographic Stila Girl in Day to Night looks with a mirror inside. The only problem with the packaging is that it is cardboard and tends to get kind of dirty from the shadows.

The other reviewers have described the colors well. I love Slate, a shimmery medium gray. This palette is the ultimate for having perfect shades for creating a gorgeous dramatic smoky eye look, all in one simple palette. Ecru and Fog also make for a nice day look. I love Tutu blush, and it was one I never would have tried otherwise as I always thought it was too light. This was a great value for the price of $45.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2002 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Marianne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Very pretty! I love lavender-grey colors, and this makes for a very polished look. I love the cute palette, and the mirror is a bonus! Wish this were permanent!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2002 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Marbela

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite palette by far! The eyeshadows are ecru, a matte creme beige (not available regularly), fog, a matte light grey, ebony a matte black perfect for lining and slate, a shimmery grey that isn't regularly available. The blushes are cameo, a darker pink shimmer and tutu, a light pink. The colors are so flattering and wonderful! The palette itself is heavy and durable, and the cover design is very cute. I wish these were available all the time!