Estee Lauder Powder Brush

3.1

on 11/20/2014 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The brush handle is very long and this is a lean brush, but the brush heads are just too long in my opinion. The brush is not sturdy and applies product in a non-uniform fashion. Don't spend your money. There are other companies out there that make better brushes and same or lower prices. Check out Sigma brushes.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who noticed it SHED LIKE A RABBIT IN SPRING. All over my face at every. single. usage. Waste of money to the extreme.

on 12/21/2012 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Awful product. Useless because it sheds and I end up with bristles on my face and clothes. Also, the handle is separating from the brush, I have to fix it or it will fall apart. For the price I expected a quality product, obviously, this failed big time.

on 9/13/2012 3:04:00 AM

The only brush that i have ever bought from EL was the old concealer brush. I thought it was a really good brush but i hate the handle.The re-designed brushes looks 10x better with the navy blue wooden handle and gold ferrule.

I purchased the powder brush last year and so far i think its pretty good. Not too much shedding. Overall,i really like it. :-)

on 5/1/2012 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted to buy a pwder brush so i went to the MAC counter. Their brush was not soft s.o in leaving the store I went pass the EL counter
and looked at their brush. I ended up buying Estee Lauder powder brush and i love it!! It is thick and holds a lot of product. It is sooo
soft and it doesnt lose any bristles. I would recommend this brush!!

on 8/26/2011 12:00:00 PM

EDIT 03/28/12---I will absolutely NOT repurchase any Estee Lauder products until they choose to quit misleading their customers about animal testing and fully commit to a no animal testing policy.

Loves it!!!! I didn't want to buy it. But after a couple of trips to the EL counter where they used this magical brush I had to have it. So soft. Hasn't shed a single hair. It's dense and I use to apply DW Mineral Rick Powder and it is perfection. It's crazy expensive but I suspect I won't have to buy another one for....ever.

on 4/1/2011 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Horrible,
I like some Estée Laudar makeup and skin care, but this powder brush (as well as the blush brush) are just bad. I didn't want to go for a MAC because it was only a little bit more expensive...well... end up spending 90 canadian dollars for powder and blush brush at Estée Lauder. I feel so silly about this everytime I think about the money I spent! They do not blend well and the quality of the hair is not good, the outer ones start pointing in every direction during the first weeks... Never again!

on 10/20/2010 12:35:00 PM

i got this brush for free with a huge makeup set. i wasn't happy with this brush along with the blush brush as well as the palette. the brushes don't apply well and the eyeshadows weren't pigmented.

on 6/28/2010 10:29:00 PM

I will never go back to cheap powder/blush brushes again. At first I cringed at the idea of spending $42 on a powder brush, but now I am spoiled. It makes my makeup look flawless. Plus, it is so soft, and it feels wonderful when applying powder and blush. This is by far the best brush I have ever used. It only lost a few bristles during the first 2-3 applications. I regularly wash it with baby shampoo, or special brush wash, and it is like brand new. I can't say enough good things about this brush. If I lost it, I would go right out and repurchase another. Highly recommended!

Update: I have had this same brush for over 1 1/2 years, and I would like to mention that it has just started to lose bristles all over my face. While this is annoying, I plan on purchasing another. I have used this brush every single day, sometimes more than once a day. So, I still believe that it is an awesome brush with a life of about 1 1/2 to 2 years with regular washings.

on 3/12/2010 6:16:00 PM

I've been a fairly loyal Estee Lauder customer for over 10 years, and I have to say that this is the worst EL product I have ever used. The brush is soft and does not irritate my skin, but it sheds something awful. I spend more time removing the bristles from my face and chest than I do applying my makeup. If EL is going to charge $40+ for a product, it should be of a better quality.