July 22, 2014 | 2037 users online

Makeup Brushes - Lumene - Kabuki Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Goreygal

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This brush is discontinued, but I have to say it is a very nice one. It is super-cheap (this one was on clearance for $4.99 at CVS). The bristles are nicely rounded and extremely soft, and it does not shed at all. It evenly distributes powder and is a very well-made brush. Don't waste money on more expensive brushes when you can find cheaper ones that are excellent quality like this one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I found this in a clearance basket for I think, $2.49. I find this brush to be scratchy and not very dense, so it doesn't distribute powders evenly. The Essence Of Beauty Kabuki, also found a CVS is 100 times better. I never use this brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2007 11:08:00 PM More reviews by makeupqueen26

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This also was very scratchy on my face. Worthless brush. Save your money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2006 9:38:00 AM More reviews by pinklikecandy

This is just terrible! It's scratchy and shreds like crazy. And when I wash it, so much grey dye runs off it makes me fear for the health of my skin. It was only $5 from CVS, but no matter, I will never repurchase this again! continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2006 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Clarecat

Horrible!! This brush sheds more than any other brush I have ever used. It is quite inexpensive, but not worth even a dollar the way it sheds. Too bad, because the bristles are actually quite densely packed, and if it didn't shed, it would be a perfect brush.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2005 10:01:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

I don't really need another brush, but I spotted this hanging out on an endcap in a CVS the other day and decided to try it, as I don't already have a kabuki brush and this one was inexpensive. Pros: this has a large, full head very densely packed with soft bristles; low cost. Cons: started shedding the minute I got it and after washing it for the first time--very annoying; this is a LE item and kind of hard to find; I am not fond of the metallic blue plastic handle--it looks rather cheap. It's an okay 'starter' kabuki, but the quality is not great. It might do if you're only going to use it occasionally for bronzer or something, but if you're a mineral makeup user, etc. I'd suggest you invest in a quality face brush. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2005 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Clarecat

This brush is a good deal price-wise, and seemed great at first. But after using it a couple of times, it started shedding tiny black hairs on my face every time I used it. I have washed it, and the problem hasn't gone away. I use it in a pinch, but I don't really like to. I would not buy again. Although the price is right, the quality is not, and that makes it a bad deal in my book.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2005 9:39:00 AM More reviews by amyjo_99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been wanting a kabuki brush for so long. I doubted to find one in my area and was pleasantly surprised when I read that the Lumene brand had a kabuki for an LE. I rushed to my local CVS and found ONE in the clearance bin for $2.49. I was ecstatic! I even went to another CVS but no luck at that one. This is super soft and wonderful for my pigmented blushes(i.e. Milani). Deposits just the right amount of blush, bronzer, etc.

I am in love!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2005 10:03:00 PM More reviews by smiles4c

this brush is awesome! It's super soft and dense...it's only five bucks but it's excellent quality! It's great for minerals - I used to use my Sephora bronzer brush (which is basically a kabuki with a long handle) but I like this better, it's more rounded :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2005 7:20:00 PM More reviews by marin79

What a suprise! I was so excited to see a kabuki this affordable ($5). The handle part is a metallic deep blue, and the bristles are black. They are dense and soft and so far I've had only a tiny bit of shedding. I use it to apply loose powder and bronzer. Apparently it is LE so I will be buying a back up.