July 29, 2014 | 1578 users online

Mascara - Merle Norman - Creamy Flo-Matic Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by MissyCoco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara really surprised me. The packaging os outdated but the products works well. The first day or so I thought this was a waste of money, it seemed too wet and thin. Once enough air was introduced while using the mascara it started to work great. By day 4 it was awesome. You can build and build without getting spidery lashes. Also, one tube lasted several months. I know you are supposed to change every 6 weeks but who can afford too. This was $15.00 in Dallas. All in all, I would buy again but I want to try some of their other options.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2009 3:26:00 PM More reviews by jrp050680

Only mascara I've had that doesn't bleed onto my face during the day. I love that it comes in navy. It's not particularly plumping or lengthening, but mascara that stays put is far sexier than mascara that runs.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2008 4:58:00 PM More reviews by pupster

This is one really bad product. Paid over $16 and it dried up almost immediately. This is not the first time this has happened to me with MN mascaras. You can get drugstore ones for a lot less that perform better than this:(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2007 12:35:00 AM More reviews by luckycorvettegrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

While the packaging is a little archaic and could use an update, this is a perfect basic mascara. It separates, lengthens and mildly thickens your lashes without clumping. I don't have to apply it more than two times to get a very natural looking, but defined eye.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2006 11:42:00 AM More reviews by askr

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first MN purchase (happened to be in a mall and had previously read MUA reviews so stumbled in). I bought the Navy, which is flattering and while natural enough for daytime wear is reasonably substantial. I wear contacts and had no sensitivity issues. Staying power is good and doesn't flake and comes off easily.

UPDATE: I have repurchased Platinum Brown, which is a dark brown that can work even with black haired people easily. I use 3 layers and the mascara lengthens quite well and holds a CURL like nobody's business! It keeps the lashes well separated and not clumpy or spidery looking. It is also mildly thickening. I also like that it has natural waxes that hold the curl and not acrylates, like so many drugstore mascaras do--the latter for me cause more lash loss.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2005 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Karen1977

My favourite mascara by far... Probably as close to a HG product as I'm going to get in the category. This mascara is ideal for those who prefer natural colour, natural seperation, and NON-waterproof formulas. The consistency is very creamy(hence, the name), doesn't clump, and is easy on your eyes. I tend to have reactions to many mascara formulas..Not with this one. The coverage is light for the colour I use(Platinum Brown), which is ideal for me. Price is approximately $13.00 US, depending on your location. This mascara also rinses easily, with plain water. I've tried many other "natural" looking mascaras(including Neutrogena's new lash tint) and NONE have compared to the quality of this mascara. I think I will always come back to Merle Norman's Creamy Flo-Matic "Platinum Brown".

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2005 5:00:00 PM More reviews by minxgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best mascara ever. It separates, lengthens, curls, easy to take off, does not flake or clump...what's not to love? I have this in 'Night Navy'.