September 19, 2014 | 1899 users online

Eye Shadow - Ben Nye - Lumiere Grande Colour- Cosmic Violet

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by JustEnufEyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this eyeshadow, i have nothing in my collection like it. So beautiful and easy to work with.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by trishkai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

EXACTLY like MAC's stars n rockets

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Vixxan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ben Nye makes me wonder why I spend a fortune on higher priced brands. Cosmic Violet is a very pretty color, stunning. I have several of the Lumiere Grande Colours and I find myself reaching for them often. I love this product

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Katlanta

I love this color. I was excited to get it, though a bit disappointed when I did. It has nothing to do with the color itself - only that I already owned it, lol. This color is an EXACT dupe of Urban Decay 'Fishnet' - only a bit less pigmented (takes more fishnet to get the same effect). However, since it came in a large pallet, I wasn't too bothered.

Ben Nye is my favorite eyeshadow brand (UD being a close second). They go on so well for me, and are so pigmented.

So, if you're thinking of buying it and have an urban decay pallet with Fishnet in it, don't bother. If you want to see it before you buy it, and can only buy online, go to Ulta and swatch Fishnet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2009 12:37:00 AM More reviews by brandylee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was really excited to get this color (and Ben Nye in general) after seeing a review of it on youtube..But I just can't get it to work. The eyeshadow seems like a weird texture to me and when I put it on my lids using different brushes it didn't show u very bold and it actually looked very dry and I thought it would be more frosty. I can't compare this to many eyeshadows because I've been wearing MAC's Coppering for a while and I love it, it goes on bold and effortless..This just looked like crap. Guess I will try it wet or with a new base and report back..
*update*
So I'm now loving this shadow lol due to a couple reasons..First of all, primers (using TFSI) dry out my lids so now I started using lotion on my eyes before the primer so my lids aren't dry and flakey and for me, I've found that patting this shadow on with my finger first works the best, then I go back with my MAC 239 dupe (Loew-Cornell) and pat more. I expected this to be more frosty, but it's not so it requires more layering to get it really bold but when it's all said and done it's GORGEOUS. The purple-pink color is awesome and it reminds me of an opal, when you turn certain way you see more purple, other angles you see more pink, and I even see a bit of blue sometimes. I would totally recommend this and I'm so glad I found a way to get this to work for me! I also like how multi-dimensional this looks so it really doesn't need anything else (like a color in the crease, though I do use liquid liner with every shadow) and it also makes touchups a breeze (around hour 9 I packed more of this onto my existing shadow that was fading a little and it was back to being beautiful and vibrant!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2008 3:23:00 PM More reviews by BuffyDaLipGlossEater

If you own the Pearl Sheen Eyeshadow in Ultra Violet, you'll find that this color is quite similar, although it's not as shimmery.
Like Ultra Violet, this color is definitely is a pinkish violet purple type color with a blue iridescence. I love pairing this color with other iridescent hues, such as iridescent golds, blues, purples, and yellows.
Like all the Lumieres, this is richly pigmented and it goes on very true to color, and it's half the price of many department store eyeshadows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2007 5:59:00 PM More reviews by mljohnson123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Cosmic Violet is a medium-pink/violet with pink iridescent finish. Very similar to Milani 'Enchantment' or MAC 'Stars & Rockets'. Finely milled. Packed with pigment. Huge blush sized pot for only ($9). Will use as blush/highlighter as well as e/s. For reference, I'm DDD(NW45 or HIP818).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2006 10:38:00 PM More reviews by effboysinthebutt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have 13 of the Lumiere colors and I can't complain about any. Also a great color.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2005 12:19:00 PM More reviews by brazenberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For $9.99 USD (bought at Ricky's NYC), this shadow gives you a lot for your dollar. I love the smooth consistency of this shadow. It goes on and blends like a dream. It goes on effortlessly and without any packing. I just sweep this color along my lashes for a beautiful iridescent lavender tinged line. It has small shimmer particles but this isn't gritty at all. You can run your finger in the pot and feel how silky & creamy this is. The packaging is awesome. It comes in a rubber pot, much like NARS, and the color is VERY pigmented. I think I've created a new lemming. This is my first venture into Ben Nye Cosmetics and this won't be my last.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2005 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Splee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Cosmic Violet is a beautiful pinkish-violet purple (with almost a hint of a blue sheen) that is very pigmented and easy to blend with other shadows. I especially like to use this colour with other purples like Milani Enchantment and Urban Decay Asphyxia. Ben Nye eye shadows are a bargain considering how much product you get and the dense pigmentation. I picked this colour up on sale for $4.98 at Hot Topic, but I certainly would have paid the full $10.