April 23, 2014 | 883 users online

Lip Treatments - Laura Mercier - lip silk

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 8:30:00 AM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a fantastic lip product. No taste or scent and just tacky enough that it lasts a really long time on your lips. It is very moisturizing. There is no applicator on the tube, you're just supposed to squeeze some out and apply it with your finger, but I do not mind in the least because it can be applied by just using the end of the tube where the product comes out, obviously. I used to do this with my Kiehl's lip balm too if I was out and was worried about not being able to wash hands before applying lip balm with fingers. Just squeeze a bit out and rub it around with the end of the tube. Problem solved. I will be purchasing this product again definitely and I highly recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by fergiefergie

Bought this because of all the good reviews it has. Don't care for it. It's thick, white-ish and somewhat gritty. Like ChapStick in a tube, and I don't care for ChapStick either. On a more positive note, Murad has brought back my beloved (and HG) Soothing Skin And Lip Care. So, for me, no more having to try other lip treatments.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by jend78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AMAZING! The only product that works to heal my dry and peeling chapped lips. It is a little pricey but definitely worth buying!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by tehryn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

ABSOLOUTELY HG worthy!!!!! I absoloutely love this lip balm!!! Though it can be a bit difficult to get out of the tube it works wonders, I call it my "lip crack." It makes my lips feel so soft and when applied under/over lipstick it feels so moisturizing which is great since a lot of lipsticks dry out your lips. Definitely worth a try it is a little pricey $20.00 at sephora per tube but it lasts a very long time.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Lulusez

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I loved this balm, in spite of how hard it can be to get out of the tube, until I found out it was full of parabens, which are chemicals being phased out of cosmetics and toiletries. I do everything I can to avoid them. I'm sensitive and allergic to so much stuff, but not this. I should have been! Nevermind they are killing emu's to make it. The chemicals are carcinogenic, check the studies online. The issue with parabens seems to be, if you are only using one product with a paraben in it, you are okay..but parabens are in almost EVERYTHING. Multiple layers of concentration of parabens, are not good for you. I will never buy it again. I've found several good substitutes here on Makeup Alley. Thank you, people!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/29/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by CanadianPocky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I hated this lip balm. I read alot of reviews on here that say that this lip balm is their HG, but I guess not for me. I'm not sure whether I just got a bad batch, but it was gritty and dried out my lips instead of moisturizing them. It hardly even lasts that long, and when it fades it leaves my lips dry and cracked. For $22 CAD I expected more, but I've been finding recently that all my cheaper lip balms have delivered and all my expensive ones are trash. I know that everybody reacts differently to products, but this one just didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by msak45

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this product. I like what it does to my lips - makes them soft and feels good on. The only negative is that it is a thick substance and hard to get out of the tube at times.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2011 3:51:00 AM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this as a gift. I love it. I have used many lip balms (which contain mineral oil and stuff) that just dry lips out even more. This saved my peely dry chapped lips. I use this at night sometimes.. not every night I will sometimes alternate with burt's bees honey lip balm. I can tell a difference when I do not use this at all.
I know it's pricey but yes I would buy it since I've had my tube for quite awhile it is worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by busyatdizzy

Actually I was in Sephora looking for a miracle for my extremely chapped lips when I happened upon this item. The salesgirl said it worked wonders.

It moisturized, but it didn't work wonders. It is very thick and hard to get out of the tube. and frankly, a waste of $22.00 I paid for it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Annyutka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

It's not bad at doing what it says it does (ie: it's not a full on lie), however, it also just doesn't do thaaat much, either. I got this for free from my mom since she didn't use it, thankfully, because I wouldn't purchase this for that kind of price when I find that a dab of Aquaphor - available in a tube just a tiny bitlarger than this one is - does the same thing, if not WAY better, lasts longer, is much more moisturizing,versatile, and costs much less (especially when you get 3 tubes in a box) at under $5.50. Basically, I think this relatively "meh". Next.