August 2, 2014 | 1616 users online

Lip Treatments - Neutrogena - Lip Nutrition - Honey Rescue Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 3:22:00 AM More reviews by FRUHD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVED this stuff for night time wear. I'd slap it on at night and my lips would heal over night. It smelled fantastic and my lips were happy. Then they discontinued it and I was sad. Three years later I've found a suitable replacement! Carmex Moisture Plus. Weird, I know, Carmex? That's "boy" lip balm! But it's totally different... it smells a bit like butt for the first 5-10 minutes (I'm obviously not a fan of the Carmex smell...), but then it smells a bit like honey vanilla. I put it on at night, so I don't notice the Carmex smell after a while (since I'm unconscious...) and I go to bed and wake up with moisturized, repaired, happy lips. I still miss you, Honey Rescue, but I'm glad I found a replacement... just thought I'd share with others :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2010 9:02:00 PM More reviews by adudle00

This is a great lip balm/gloss. In general, I'm more a chapstick kinda girl, as I don't like the feel of sticky glossy stuff on my lips, which this is. However, It's nice if I apply it very lightly and gives my lips a nice shine. It smells great and the small container lasts a while. I would consider repurchasing when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2009 11:51:00 PM More reviews by DisablingMercury

A great basic lip balm. I say basic, because it moisturizes, slightly plumps, adds shine, and doesn't make my lips dry after it's dry. It does what I think a basic lip balm should...too bad most of them don't! Love. I use it every night before bed to keep my lips from drying out from the A/C.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 1:57:00 AM More reviews by babygirl3171980

I love this stuff and I swear by it! I think I read somewhere online its been discontinued. But if you're like me and a religious follower of this stuff, you can do a search for it online and find it for around thirteen dollars a tub. The little tub it comes in. Normally Id go to wal-mart and purchase one for a little under ten. But like everyone else I cant find it. It goes on so smooth, and light and doesn't have a bad taste or anything. I love it. The only product I think that is comparable is Blistex DCT (Daily Conditioning Treatment). It goes on smooth and light, but I just love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2008 7:46:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I was looking for a better treatment for my lips since they were dry. I noticed this was half off I was kind of leery since I tried a whitefish one with red dots before that I did not care for but this one is called lip nutrition so I figured I would try it. I put it on in the car after I left the store it took away all the little ugly lines on my lips and made them slightly plumper and I already have big lips! I have made my mom and my boyfriend try it and they both liked it. I don't mind sticking my finger in the pot since products in a pot look better on my lips. - Update - Why can't I find this Honey gloss anymore, my lips miss it? UPDATE AGAIN- Where are you guys finding this ??iF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE I CAN FIND THIS PLEASE LET ME Know LOVE IT

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2008 11:21:00 PM More reviews by lisalily24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I have been using it for years. Every time I go to get a new one I try to think of getting an alternative but I always give in because I haven't found a replacement for it yet. It protects and gives my lips a shine in the winter. It smells wonderful and it's not too sticky or greasy or thick. I don't really like putting my finder in there but I get to smear it on the way I want to. It lasts a while and it is easy to carry. One day I will like to know the recipe so that I can make it myself and share it with friends.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2008 10:45:00 PM More reviews by REdwards84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff so much that I have to put it on every night before I can go to sleep. I'm on my third pot of it! I'm more of a gloss girl, so I like how it looks and feels a bit more like a gloss, but has the moisturizing benefits of a balm. It also soothes instead of irritating or burning my sensitive skin. However, I do have two complaints--it is a bit pricey for a drugstore brand ($8), and I don't like having to stick my finger into a pot to get it out. That's why I don't use it at work. I'm a preschool teacher, so if I wanted to use it, I'd have to thoroughly wash my hands to get rid of any kid germs, apply the balm, wash my hands AGAIN to get rid of my germs/excess balm, then screw the lid back on. That's too much work when you consider how easy it is to just use a fliptop tube of lip balm. That's why I'm only giving this product four lippies and it is reserved for night time use.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2008 11:53:00 AM More reviews by simplyviki

I hated this product. I liked the idea, but it's way too sticky for me. The pot container should be abolished. If you have long nails, it's a hopelessly disgusting, wasteful mission to get it out of the pot and onto your lips, and you have to pick it out from underneath your fingernails afterwards. It's really thick and goopy, it does seem to moisturize somewhat, but the texture is really strange for a lip balm, sort of sticky and wet feeling at the same time. Plus it's a bit too much like a gloss and not like a lip balm. I would rather keep my glosses gloss and my lip balms balm.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2007 5:31:00 PM More reviews by murphyna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This balm goes on rather thick with a slight sheen. I don't care for the scent, taste and pot container, so will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2007 11:03:00 PM More reviews by BryansGirl

I looove this balm!! I am on my 3rd pot of it and will buy more when this one runs out. It's annoying to get out of the pot but I just use my fingernail (don't know what I'd do if I didn't have long nails)! It has a great scent and really moisturizes - it feels so good on my lips. I am very impressed!