September 1, 2014 | 2026 users online

Mascara - Laura Mercier - Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 4:43:00 AM More reviews by ashleymayf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this for free because I bought 2 other products at my Laura Mercier counter and kind of thought of it as a "meh" kind of mascara because I wasn't really jazzed on the brush. But I've recently tried it again and have become obsessed with it! It's super black and volumizing, 2 coats and my lashes look amazing (almost fake). It doesn't go clumpy or spidery in my experience, the brush keeps them looking nice and fluttery but still intense. Will definitely repurchase, I've fallen in love.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by rallu

Got this as a sample (100 points I think) and was very natural...little length and little volume. Not for me...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by lingre

I love mascara and use more than one. I can only assume that these reviews are from people who do not layer their mascara. I use this last after using my Chanel volumizing mascara. It leaves my lashes huge, soft, defined and gorgeous! If you use the brush lightly/gently and slowly on the tips moving left to right you will have amazing results. Thats what I find to best get that faux lash look.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Gitte

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Last fall, I read reviews on some other blogs about a new product, Laura Mercier "Faux Lash" Mascara. They were pretty favorable, and I love mascara, so I thought it might be worth a try. I don't use a lot of Laura Mercier products, but have generally been happy with any I have tried. So I plunked down the $24.00 at a local Nordstrom to give it a try.

I would say for the first month, this mascara was lovely. It not only was easy to use, but a little bit went a long way, and it did make my lashes look nice and full, without looking like I had put fuzzy spiders over my eyes. I was pretty pleased. But as time went on, it kept getting thicker in the tube, and when I'd pull the applicator out of the tube, the brush would have clumps on it. Big ones. And they were hard to get rid of, before or after I'd put on the mascara. I am a conscientious consumer with my makeup, always being sure to close caps securely, etc., so it wasn't a case of it changing texture and formula due to my carelessness.

I had such high hopes and after about six weeks, just gave up. I am willing to accept that at the end of a life span (~3 months for mascara), a product might be different, since it's been used so frequently, and you may be near the end of the tube. But for the price, I thought this product was not worth it.

I may consider trying it again sometime, in case they fool with the formula, but I can guarantee it won't be anytime soon. As much as I wanted to like this, I have to give it a big thumbs down.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by doofus7734

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just like everyone says, it smudges.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by LoveAnnChic

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Good overall mascara. Does what it is supposed to do...lengthen and darken my lashes. It doesn't smudge and it is truly another "workhorse" mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2010 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Ryleen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Good everyday, natural mascara. But if you like a more dramatic, intense lash look (like me!) then this isn't the mascara for you. I keep it around for those days where I want just the basics, because that's what it is...a basic. However, probably won't repurchase when it runs out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was a beautiful mascara, I almost thought I had found an everyday HG. It gives the perfect amount of length, separation, volume, and darkening and is also buildable. Unfortunately, it smudges quite easily so all that is lost.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2009 11:29:00 AM More reviews by audmac

Got a free full size tube of this with an online purchase a few months ago. Finally got around to using it and I am pleasantly surprised at how much I like it. Holds a curl very well and is really buildable. No smudging or clumps which is wonderful. I am surprised that it got so many negative reviews and wonder if maybe it was reformulated since it first came out. Will probably repurchase this. UPDATE-its 4 months later now and I have to say this has become my go-to mascara. Ive tried alot of h/e mascaras (see all my reviews) and this just is the easiest and best. Only drawback is price-$20 for smaller size than most other mascaras, but my eyes are worth it;-) I still love to try new mascaras but Im sure I will be repurchasing this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by lonetabby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Sorry to negate all the bad reviews, but this is one of the best mascaras I've ever used. I usually get frustrated with a mascara and throw it out before it's gone, but I held onto this one til I was scraping the bottom of the tube. Every time I wore it, people commented on my eyes or asked me if I had false eyelashes on. It curled well, separated well, had excellent color, and even made my lashes look a bit longer (which I don't need as mine are super long).
My favourite thing about this mascara is the consistency. It's almost creamy, not dry or too liquidy like most, and so it's quite easy to layer without making a mess. This also keeps it from drying out in the tube quickly like some mascaras. This is definitely my go-to mascara.