The Body Shop Blusher Brush

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/12/2015 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is my first decent blush brush and I have been using it daily since 2007.
It looks like new, the shape exactly the same as day one and not one bristle has fallen or bented. And that's about 400+ washes later - I wash my brushes with baby shampoo weekly and after every use with spot cleaning.
Still incredibly soft too. It picks enough product for me because I'm fair and prefer to layer my blush. For super pigmented blushes I keep a fan brush on hand.
The only thing that makes me consider buying a different one is it's shape; since it's tapered and not round or really fluffy it's best for precise blush application. Of course you can blend with no problems but if you prefer your blush readily diffused with one stroke might not be for you.

Althought I am used to using angles blusher brushes I recently purchased this product. I had a £10 gift card and my love your body 10% off so I ended up only paying 80p of my own money! However, I believe that the £12 price tag is reasonable for the quality of this brush. The brush is super soft, and applies blusher flawlessly onto the skin. This is the best blusher brush I have ever used! Couldn't recommend this enough and I wouldn't expect anything less from the body shop!

on 7/5/2014 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this brush all week after ignoring it for years. I'm still getting used to the shape, it almost looks like a foundation brush. It's very soft, but quite flat and dense so you have to be careful with how much product is being picked up, else you'll get a hard to blend splotch. I like it, but I think I prefer something more fluffier.

on 3/22/2014 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a super soft brush and it has never shed. (I've had it for a few years) I love that it can stand up by itself so the bristles don't have to rub again the table when you put it down. However, it's very thick and it picks up a lot of product, so you have to go easy on it. But it does a decent job of blending so it's not too noticable.

on 10/12/2013 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Used this almost daily for 9years before it became raggedy...just bought another is the softest brush i had ever owned...for the price it is totally worth it...i wish body shop has a wider range of brushes for fans like me...oh and did i mention that i have not experience any sort of shedding for the whole time i own it?

Hm... Ok, here goes:

Dosent shed
Keeps it's shape
Feels very smooth and gentle on the face

It may pick up too much powder, so u need to have a light hand.

For blusher, I prefer angled brushes, I picked this up cuz my ELF blush brush was shedding. Overall an ok product, but it can be a little bit tricky to get used too.

Don't think I'll be repurchasing.

on 8/1/2012 6:36:00 PM

Cannot tell you how much I love this brush! I got it with alot of other Body Shop stuff I got this week online using a 50% off voucher, so I got this brush fairly cheap. However I have to say that for the quality of this brush, even fully priced it is really worth it, especially considering prices of other more "high end" brushes.

First off this brush is incredibly soft, truly a gorgeous brush to sweep across your face. It's a medium sized rounded brush, that when new is a little flat, not big and puffy. I actually like this quality as the tip is quite narrow so its good for applying powder around the nose/eyes. I really do like this brush for powder, although it's obviously great for brush too. It smooths and blen Ids product on really well.

I've washed this brush twice now and it had not shed at all and has retained it's lovely shape and softness. The other thing I really like about this brush is the handle, its nice and long and chunky, perfect for accurately applying blush where you want it.

Over all an amazing amazing brush, would highly highly recommend!

on 6/4/2012 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This brush is very soft with sythetic bristles, never sheds and can be used to apply bronzers and blushes. It is of very high quality, you can tell when you see it in real. The problem is the shape - it can hardly contour my face - and I like to contour my face with blushes and bronzers, so I often use angled blush or tapered blush for a more precise application that can sculpt my face.

Well if it suits your face shape then this is definitely a great blush for its amazing quality.

Bristles: 5/5
shape: 3/5
versatility: 3/5
application: 3/5
price: 5/5

Overall: 3.8/5

on 5/13/2012 8:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This has been around in my kit even longer than the mineral brush. I think mine is like 6-years old or something?

It barely shed, no discoloration, never splayed, and applies my blush sheerly and evenly. The way I like it. However, I find it works best with mainstream brands' blushes. With mineral ones, not so much, as they're powder and highly concentrated, so takes a bit more effort to blend. Not with Bourjois little round pot blushes, too, as they easily harden on the surface and needs scratchier brushed to pick up the color.

Despite those "flaws", I find this is nice for contouring. I use this with my Benefit Hoola to contour, and sometimes with the bronzer from E.L.F Blush-Bronzer Duo. It always picks up perfect amount of color, and easily blends it into my skin. It easily fits into under the cheekbones. Even to the sides of the nose if I hold the base of the bristles a little firm, since the tip is tapered.

I don't think I actually need to purchase this brush again, since it's been with me a long time and I see much further mileage from it. :)

on 4/16/2012 12:02:00 PM

I've had my blusher brush from The Body Shop for 6 and a half years now, and the bristles are still as soft and as thick as the first day I bought it (I was a college student back then). It has not lost its shape yet after all this time and has never shedded once. It is that durable. I do wash it with baby shampoo and let it air-dry every 3-4 weeks, and I've never found the need to apply much pressure on the blush pan or against my cheek when picking up and applying color. This is a great product and it does its job very well, it picks up a perfect amount of color, never too much so I can slowly build up color as needed. Whenever I buy a new blush, I tend to throw away the mini brushes they come with, and I'll use this instead to apply the color on, and I always get a more even, smoother result. I can get a natural look with this easily. I also use this brush to apply a light layer of pressed powder all over my face (I dislike 'caking' which happens when I use the sponge that comes with the compact), so it's not just a blusher brush for me. Overall, it is a fantastic basic blusher brush for the average make up user. I love it :)

Top Rated The Body Shop Products