November 27, 2014 | 1472 users online

Brows - Shiseido - Eyebrow & Eyeliner Compact - Light Brown BL3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 8:58:00 AM More reviews by shi1

Let's start off by saying I have sparse asian eyebrows. I believe I have the darker shade, but I have the older version where the two colours are split horizontally and not diagonally. Its selling for 37$ at Sephora which seems like a lot, but I've honestly been using this powder everyday for at least 2-3 years and I still have not hit pan and it doesn't look like I will any time soon. This stuff will last you for years which is why I gave it a 3 for price. A natural looking colour is always an issue for asian eyebrows. Colours often are too red/brown or too black/grey, but this one works well. I don't use the brush that came with it. I've used it with both a synthetic and natural stiff angled brush. It works either way. Its easy to use, and it gives a natural finish. I would have preferred a smaller compact, but its still very nice looking (like all of Shiseido's products). I highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 2:47:00 AM More reviews by gpark02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this brow powder in BL3. It blends well in my eyebrow. I shade it into my eyebrow by mixing both colors. It's really easy to use and using the Shiseido brow shader #6, I am easily able to draw the ends of my eyebrows (that are not the same length) and make it look absolutely natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by klasia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i have this in BL1 (black/noir)

this product is a great multi-tasker! aside from using it for the eyebrows and as eyelinerS, i also use this as eyeshadow for intense smokey eyes.

eyebrows: i use both shades for my eyebrows. i start out with the dark brown then put an overlay of black building it up as dark as i want my eyebrows to be (usually depends on the lip color i plan to wear that day). for a powder, it stays for about 4 hours before i need to re-powder (i have oily skin).

eyeshadow: i use the dark brown for the lid color and the black for the outer V. the colors are great. i love it when i do use it as eyeshadow color because then i minimize what i have in my makeup kit. it stays put for a really long time (longer than when i use it as eyebrow color!).

the reason why i gave it a 3 for the packaging is because i really don't like foam applicators which it came with on one end. foam applicators disintegrate really fast!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Lankaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I buy this in deep brown and I use the almost black color on my brows. I color my hair black but my natural color in blonde so my brows are blonde - I draw them on everyday with this stuff and it looks great. I use my own brow brush with a longer handle - the one it comes with is too short for me. The color is perfect - soft black and not harsh looking at all - I've never tried it as an eyeliner - my only complaint is that I don't use the other color in it - I wish they made the two colors separate! But I can see how the two in one would appeal to those using it as liner or those who mix the colors to make the right shade. This is the best brow powder - it's hard to find brow powder in black - really hard - I've used black eyeshadows before but they just don't look the same as this - this has a 'softer' look. Def buying again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Gabster90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I buy this in the deep brown. This is my HG of powder eyeliner which I also use for my brows. I always disliked pencil eyeliner since they always runned and smudged on me. I only use liquid eyeliners on my top eyelid cause I think liquid liners look too harsh for the bottom. I use my eyeliner brush to apply on the botton lid. This powder is really pigmented and it doesn't run at all, even if I cry for four straight hours! This product is pricey but it is worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by nettersbetter

I have this in the darkest color and absolutely LOVE it! I have dark dark brown, almost black, but not quite black hair and the darker color of this powder matches me perfectly. I don't even use the lighter color. I have had the same compact since 2002 and it's not even showing any pan. There is only a slight dip. The powder is so pigmented, for natural looking brows I only "tap" the brush on the powder (as opposed to swiping it) and it picks up enough product for each brow. I even use the brush that comes with it. It has short, dense angled bristles that are perfect for appliation. After I apply the powder, I use a spool brush to soften the look. The only thing I would like to see change is the packaging. I think the container is big for a brow powder and it's one of the biggest items in my makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by UHMANDUH9

Me and my mom have been buying this since 2004, it last us both about two years. we use it daily. it works amazingly. I would highly recommend this compared to a pencil. I really like a natural brow & thats what this brow set does for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by shaniah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is lasting me a while, so I might find something better by the time I run out, but for now, I'll say I would buy it again. Two shades to blend with, easy to apply for a natural look, can build colour quickly. I picked the lightest shade, because there is another darker shade in there to blend with anyway, and I hate having too dark or unbalanced eyebrows if I'm not too careful, so I'd rather play it safe. I have sparse eyebrows, so it is noticeable if I layer on too much or make a mistake; this is light enough that it is fool-proof. Handy brush inside allows me to quickly fix mistakes too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2010 5:54:00 PM More reviews by beibeilei

I LOVE this eyebrow compact! I have been using this for years and have not once want to find some other product for my brows. The powder is so fine and pigmented. It goes on very naturally. The color is buildable. Just remember to start with a light hand cause the powder is very pigmented once again. Can be used as a liner or a shadow too. The staying power is so awesome! My brows look the same at the end of the day until I remove it. As for the price...it really is dirt cheap considering this compact will last forever!! I have been using this everyday for a year and I've only made a tiny dent. The compact is very sturdy! Comes with a mirror and a brush which works great. If I ever hit pan, I will definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by jejkim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I've been using this compact for years and have repurchased after finishing them. The colors are gorgeous on as eyeshadow (they do stay on all day/night), on brows and as eyeliner. Colors are very natural looking:

eyeshadow: 9/10
brows: 10/10
eyeliner for the lower line: 9/10

This is my HG product, and I've added to the collection based on this product.

Great, compact packaging, and the included brow brush is good for use on the brows.