July 28, 2014 | 2061 users online

Skincare - Face - Equate - Petroleum Jelly

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by cassielynn24

i started using this on my lips when i found a tube at my boyfriends house, and having the air so dry this winter here in san diego i knew i had to have some for my own house. i got a big tub of it for less than 3 bucks at walmart. so great price. i use it on my chaped lips and dry feet and it works so great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 8:27:00 AM More reviews by kitten14

I have been using this for the past six months or so as a makeup remover and I am so happy I started using it. Before this I was using Physician's Formula lotion eye makeup remover, which is great... but I go through a bottle a month and it gets expensive. I bought this on a whim at the dollar store because it was baby powder scented and I happen to love that smell. I wasn't sure at the time what I was going to use it for but when I got it home I found so many uses it became an instant staple. In the 6 months that I have been using it constantly I have pretty much finished a container of this stuff and started on my second. I feel like it is actually moisturizing my eye area better also, makeup comes off so easily and any residual P.J. just wipes away with a clean cotton pad (which I also buy at the dollar store). I will definitely continue to use and love this for so many reasons and uses.

UPDATE
I do like to use vaseline and petroleum jelly for many things but I have actually converted to Alba Un-Petroleum. It is made from different kinds of oils and waxes and has no petroleum, hence the name. It is much better for you and I am able to use this all over my face without breaking out. I still use my vaseline but just to remove makeup and then I clean off all the vaseline with witch hazel or water,

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2010 11:42:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Equate is a great generic line for Wal-mart. I never ever thought I would find myself using generic brands, but knowing what I know now, I will probably never go back to using brand names. Active ingredients are typically the same, so why spend more?!?!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2009 1:56:00 AM More reviews by afrienz4ever

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since I was a teenager, vaseline has always been a part of my eye makeup removal routine. It does wonders for my skin around my eyes. I am lucky to be blessed with good genes but I also attribute not having any wrinkles around my eyes from using vaseline as a makeup removal. I will always use this product & it doesn't matter what type/brand you use it all works the same!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2009 1:11:00 AM More reviews by pattyshine

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is Equate Baby Fresh Scent Nursery Jelly. I love this!! This jelly is so much easier to use than regular petroleum jelly. It is not as stiff and has a wonderful scent (of course, baby powder scent) for those who do not mind a little perfume.
I cut this with my EL Daywear Plus moisturizer, and for an older lady, this makes a wonderful moisturizer under any foundation I wear. Just don't use too much. I use about three/fourths EL moisturizer and one-fourth of the petroleum jelly. If you have dry skin, you might want to try this.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2008 10:42:00 PM More reviews by lggordon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is great. They have so many different brands for basic petroleum jelly and it's all good. I've tried it on my face and it's fine but I think once my face clears up I'll try it again just to see if it works for me or not.
It's not the most moisturizing compared to hand lotions and such, but it's pretty nice and I like it on my lips. I don't find it blocks my pores or anything and it's really healing. Not very fast but if you put it on with hand lotion, it can work double time.
A great buy and it's good for other things too like fixing a squeak on your dresser drawars for one. I hear it also helps remove makeup which is nice. And there are others I just can't remember. You could probably do a search for other uses.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2007 3:43:00 PM More reviews by eyelinerhappy41907

I use this mainly as a lip balm but it's a really good, dirt cheap make-up remover too! It gets even waterproof stuff off and it doesn't irritate my eyes like a lot of removers do. It makes my lips silky smooth and hydrated. =) And I use it on really dry elbows, knees, etc. For me, however, it does not make a good face moisturizer. It broke me out and gave me really deep, cyst-like zits! The packaging isn't fancy but it's sturdy and doesn't leak. This is my second jar! And it's way cheaper than Vaseline. I'm not saying Vaseline is expensive, I got this one for about 30 cents!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2007 9:50:00 AM More reviews by rainbodragon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only thing that will take off some of my waterproof e/l. After using my regular almay oil free eye m/u remover, which usually does a great job, I have found that sometimes my NYC WP e/l just smears under my eyes and I cant get it off, but I swipe of jelly and a tissue and its gone, quickly and gently.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2007 1:39:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Petroleum jelly saved my face. I have oily skin with casual break outs so I started using MD formulations products which are high in glycolic acids, needless to say, dried my face out with redness. I ended up having severe dryness around my nose/mouth area and I tried all the face lotions I could think of but they either stung really bad on my red raw skin or my skin was still flaky looking. After every lotion/cream failed to work, I went to local CVS and picked up petroleum jelly because I use to use it years ago to take off my eye makeup. The best thing about petroleum jelly is its natural, the hydration is superb, and it doesnt sting on burns, rash or dryness. Some lotions hurt me really bad because all of those ingredients and preservatives which are added chemicals. I use to live in Pakistani, and they used petroleum jelly as a hand cream, lip balm, and makeup remover because its so affordable. Now that I'm living in the U.S, I've been used to Biore pre-moistened cleansing clothes which are great for removing even the full coverage foundation and my mascara but I have to toss a cloth away once a day, that really adds up on cost, and enivornmental waste. I think I'm going to switch back to using petroleum jelly so I can save money and safe the environment. I just buy few wash cloths (small sz of towels) and use the jelly every day and wash the cloths when I'm done.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2006 9:30:00 PM More reviews by luloo

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I never was a fan of the gooey consistency of petroleum jelly, but this stuff is reputedly noncomedogenic, and some rave about its moisturizing properties, so I decided to try it on my face one night. I really regretted it. It broke me out horribly. About 10 pimples total. Seven the day after and another 3 or so the following day. Mostly, they were on my cheeks and they were nasty, deep ones too. I think it's just too occlusive. I can use mineral oil in 100% concentration, and I can use products containing petrolatum when it's listed as an ingredient, but I can't use 100% petroleum jelly. It really works for some people, but not for others. It's strictly YMMV.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No