October 20, 2014 | 880 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 3:08:00 PM More reviews by JoyConway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best smell ever...Lil over price in some stores but WORTH it each penny.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by sciencegeek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used a sample tube nightly before bed. This product always felt incredible during and after application- like my hands were truly moisturised and pampered! However, the next morning my hands felt dry and dehydrated again. This cream didn't do anything than a cheap lotion wouldn't do. Bottom line: an overpriced cream, in a cute little tube that does only a very average job.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by joyelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was very disappointing. First, it has a very strong, cheap smell, like a drugstore, "old lady" perfume. The bad thing is that it lasts... a long time. It's very cloying. Second, it doesn't moisturize any better than a typical drugstore lotion. So, what's the point?This is a 5.2 oz. tube that costs $28 so I would expect a lot more from it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by allymack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I received this as a gift some time ago. It's a very thick cream that has a nice soft scent. I don't usually buy dedicated hand creams, and I especially wouldn't purchase one from L'Occitane given their prices, but if you have very dry hands, this might be a good choice. The consistency after you apply it is somewhat greasy, but I personally like lotions that are thick and just a bit greasy compared with the kinds that absorb instantly, feeling like you didn't put on any lotion at all. It does absorb over the course of an hour, depending of course on how much you use.
My biggest problem with this cream, though, is the packaging. It's taken me a while (over a year) to go through a whole tube despite using it multiple times a day, and in little time the label started peeling off, which looked quite sloppy. It was annoying me so I eventually just ripped the label off altogether. You can't stand the tube up, so it has to kind of lie flat wherever you keep it (which doesn't look great if you keep it on top of a desk like I do), and since it's in a toothpaste-type tube, you have to kind of roll it up to get more product out. So basically, right now it looks like this rumpled, plain metal tube with the end curled up, sitting on my desk. Not attractive! They should really pick a different format for the packaging. Based on this, even if I needed a dedicated hand cream and happened to have a gift certificate to L'Occitane, I wouldn't buy this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love L'Occitane hand creams! The shea butter one soaks in quickly and moisturizes well without leaving my hands all greasy. A little bit is all that is needed to achieve this. I'd love to buy this all the time, but I'm a cheapskate so I don't. It's totally worth a splurge from time to time.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by canarydiamond14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

L'Occitane hand cream is a product I am never long without. I love the tiny tubes for handbags. Especially good for dry winter skin.

I wish that L'Occitane would make the HONEY hand cream a regular part of their repertoire. It smells divine. I am on one of my last tubes (this was a limited edition product) and am really sad! I like it better than the original.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2014 6:26:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

I love the packaging, so stylish! Unfortunately, this just didn't deliver for me. It was greasy when first applied, but any moisture was quickly gone. Didn't smell great, either. For the price, I was disappointed. I'll stick with my cheapo Avon Moisture Therapy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Nessabm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Good cream.
Smell good.
High price.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by munki

Love the scent. It's a little pricey though

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Along with the 20% shea butter this hand cream contains coconut oil, sunflower oil, glycerin and herbal extracts. Has a cloying baby powder scent that I do not like. I find it to be a very effective hand cream and used it nightly during a long, dry winter.