August 20, 2014 | 1999 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by allymack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I received this as a gift some time ago. It's a very thick cream that has a nice soft scent. I don't usually buy dedicated hand creams, and I especially wouldn't purchase one from L'Occitane given their prices, but if you have very dry hands, this might be a good choice. The consistency after you apply it is somewhat greasy, but I personally like lotions that are thick and just a bit greasy compared with the kinds that absorb instantly, feeling like you didn't put on any lotion at all. It does absorb over the course of an hour, depending of course on how much you use.
My biggest problem with this cream, though, is the packaging. It's taken me a while (over a year) to go through a whole tube despite using it multiple times a day, and in little time the label started peeling off, which looked quite sloppy. It was annoying me so I eventually just ripped the label off altogether. You can't stand the tube up, so it has to kind of lie flat wherever you keep it (which doesn't look great if you keep it on top of a desk like I do), and since it's in a toothpaste-type tube, you have to kind of roll it up to get more product out. So basically, right now it looks like this rumpled, plain metal tube with the end curled up, sitting on my desk. Not attractive! They should really pick a different format for the packaging. Based on this, even if I needed a dedicated hand cream and happened to have a gift certificate to L'Occitane, I wouldn't buy this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love L'Occitane hand creams! The shea butter one soaks in quickly and moisturizes well without leaving my hands all greasy. A little bit is all that is needed to achieve this. I'd love to buy this all the time, but I'm a cheapskate so I don't. It's totally worth a splurge from time to time.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by canarydiamond14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

L'Occitane hand cream is a product I am never long without. I love the tiny tubes for handbags. Especially good for dry winter skin.

I wish that L'Occitane would make the HONEY hand cream a regular part of their repertoire. It smells divine. I am on one of my last tubes (this was a limited edition product) and am really sad! I like it better than the original.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2014 6:26:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

I love the packaging, so stylish! Unfortunately, this just didn't deliver for me. It was greasy when first applied, but any moisture was quickly gone. Didn't smell great, either. For the price, I was disappointed. I'll stick with my cheapo Avon Moisture Therapy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Nessabm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Good cream.
Smell good.
High price.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by munki

Love the scent. It's a little pricey though

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Along with the 20% shea butter this hand cream contains coconut oil, sunflower oil, glycerin and herbal extracts. Has a cloying baby powder scent that I do not like. I find it to be a very effective hand cream and used it nightly during a long, dry winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 6:50:00 AM More reviews by AllyDean

Surprisingly good!
I purchased this whilst overseas when it came as a gift set. I actually only wanted the lip balm it came with, and had only started using the hand lotion recently. Previously I had been using Crabtree & Evelyn for my dry hands, but the results were lackluster. I dug the L'Occitane out of the draw and used it for about a week. I can definitely see improvements to the suppleness of my hands although the progression is quite gradual. Even now, my hands are not 100% soft and supple, but it is definitely working!

One downside is the cost - Aus$12 for the 30ml or Aus$42 for the 150ml. Another is that it leaves a greasy residue after application so you will need a bit of patience for it to dry. Although I'm use to hand creams that do this, it's still annoying.

Otherwise, I like the smell and the cream comes out easily (much better than the Crabtree & Evelyn ones). Would repurchase and recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 8:05:00 AM More reviews by Bearbelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best hand cream I've had. I keep going back. A little goes a long way. Great for very dry skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 2:41:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I have been using this hand cream for at least 10 years and it is the best out there. It's a bit pricey but its worth it. Check out QVC though, they run specials on this with sets and other values.

Very moisturizing and thick. It's real shea and natural ingredients. It smells clean and stays on for hours. This will really hydrate any dry or cracked hands.