July 28, 2014 | 2074 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2014 6:26:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

I love the packaging, so stylish! Unfortunately, this just didn't deliver for me. It was greasy when first applied, but any moisture was quickly gone. Didn't smell great, either. For the price, I was disappointed. I'll stick with my cheapo Avon Moisture Therapy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Nessabm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Good cream.
Smell good.
High price.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by munki

Love the scent. It's a little pricey though

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Along with the 20% shea butter this hand cream contains coconut oil, sunflower oil, glycerin and herbal extracts. Has a cloying baby powder scent that I do not like. I find it to be a very effective hand cream and used it nightly during a long, dry winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 6:50:00 AM More reviews by AllyDean

Surprisingly good!
I purchased this whilst overseas when it came as a gift set. I actually only wanted the lip balm it came with, and had only started using the hand lotion recently. Previously I had been using Crabtree & Evelyn for my dry hands, but the results were lackluster. I dug the L'Occitane out of the draw and used it for about a week. I can definitely see improvements to the suppleness of my hands although the progression is quite gradual. Even now, my hands are not 100% soft and supple, but it is definitely working!

One downside is the cost - Aus$12 for the 30ml or Aus$42 for the 150ml. Another is that it leaves a greasy residue after application so you will need a bit of patience for it to dry. Although I'm use to hand creams that do this, it's still annoying.

Otherwise, I like the smell and the cream comes out easily (much better than the Crabtree & Evelyn ones). Would repurchase and recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 8:05:00 AM More reviews by Bearbelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best hand cream I've had. I keep going back. A little goes a long way. Great for very dry skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 2:41:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I have been using this hand cream for at least 10 years and it is the best out there. It's a bit pricey but its worth it. Check out QVC though, they run specials on this with sets and other values.

Very moisturizing and thick. It's real shea and natural ingredients. It smells clean and stays on for hours. This will really hydrate any dry or cracked hands.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 2:16:00 AM More reviews by mguillergan

THE best hand cream out there. My hands get very dry, especially with the drastic weather changes on the West Coast.

Pros:
+Really moisturizes even the driest hands and absorbs quickly
+Great mini-sizes available for my desk/purse

Cons:
+It's like squeezing toothpaste out of the tube when it's almost done

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by jinxybells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first hand cream I've used that I actually love! My line of work requires me to wash my hands a lot and use tons of alcohol rub, which while keeps your hands very sterile, also dries them out immensely quickly, even more so in the dryness of European winters!

I was getting pretty desperate to find a hand cream that would actually lock in moisture and help heal my skin (which was painfully cracking at the knuckles) when a friend recommended the L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream. It was a little pricey (I think I got mine for about 25 Euro for a 150ml tube), but I decided to give it a go.

Best decision ever! I quickly massaged it into my hands before I headed to work, and midway through my second hour (after tons of hand-washing), I realized that my hands still felt quite smooth and I felt less pain in my knuckles.

This thing really does what it says: it hydrates and moisturizers like no other. If you have hands that don't respond to anything else, give this a go. Also, just apply a pea-sized amount to the back of both hands, then slowly massaged it out, topping up with another pea-sized amount if you don't have enough to cover your hands. They absorb in about 2 minutes, leaving behind a pleasant satin-like finish on your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 8:43:00 AM More reviews by DianaMahr

The best hand cream i've ever had !