Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream Unscented

4.5

Aqua, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Dilauryl Thiodipropionate, Sodium Sulfate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 2/19/2015 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have unreasonably dry hands and cuticles, especially in winter. I had some success with AmLactin, but I really loathe the smell - some days it'd be fine, and some days it'd make me gag before I could cover it up with a better-smelling lotion (and anyway, that was a lot of lotion residue to deal with). Norwegian Formula Hand Cream Unscented doesn't smell *good*, but it's nowhere near as bad as AmLactin. It's not enough to soften my cuticles, but it's the only thing other than oil that can tame the dry skin on the inner sides of my hands. It also absorbs really fast for being such a moisturizing cream. The one major flaw is the annoying screw-on cap, which is a nuisance when I'm in a hurry and my hands are still slightly slippery from the cream. I'll probably continue repurchasing this, since I don't see myself starting now messing with applying oil to my hands 2-3 times a day.

on 2/17/2015 9:59:00 PM

I have eczema and my skin was in pain! This provided relief instantly and overnight it looked insanely better. I am shocked. This is now my HG. I had given up. I put it everywhere, hands (they were the worst off) feet (pretty rough as well), face and lips. I am telling you this stuff is a God send for me.

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

My all time favorite hand cream. When hands are really really dry it is a fast relief.
I can understand when someone said that it is waxy, it is thick yes.
In my hands it works amazing.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

this one is waxy and I dont feel its great. I now use Missha's anti wrinkle and whitening hand cream which is great.

This one is a NO

on 1/2/2014 7:19:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

My coworker recommended this hand cream to me when I told her I was looking for something unscented and non-greasy. This is unscented and the consistency is on the thicker side, similar to Aquaphor but not as tacky or slippery. It absorbs fairly quickly and doesn't leave my hands feeling sticky, even though it's not marketed as a fast-absorbing hand cream. I'll be repurchasing this hand cream until I find something I like better.

on 12/20/2013 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My savior. When I was 12-13 my skin started getting really dry, chapped and cracked during winter. whenever I made a fist with my hand my skin would crack instead of stretch and I would actually bleed out these tiny cracks. Not pretty at all. Not to mention how painful it's been to wash my hands. My mom had tried to find a cure but most cremes and oils would irritate and sting and not help much, until she took me to a dermatologist that recommended this. It healed my skin in, like, three days, and while the market of intensive hand cremes has developed ever since, nothing I've tried has been nearly as good. I also use this on my lips and my seborrhea breakouts and it repairs my skin. It's quite thick, has a mild glycerin scent and it doesn't glide very easy, so if you haven't got a very dry skin I wouldn't recommend it, it won't absorb quickly and there are just a lot more "fun" products out there. If you have got a dry skin, nothing would work better.

on 12/17/2013 3:42:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

My hands are so dry from the cold weather and I need a fragrance free cream to use at night. This isn't it.
NNFHC has a lot of glycerin in it, so it has a very sticky and thick formula, and if you put too much on you'll be to rubbing it in forever. It doesn't have the right ingredients to moisturize. This might be good to use as a protectant, but that's it.

on 8/30/2013 11:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This stuff is the s**t. I wash my hands a million times a day and it still works. Not weird or greasy just soft.

on 8/22/2013 8:57:00 PM

Oh gosh, in the winter, this stuff is a HG for my hands. It's so thick and takes some time to be absorbed, but that's because it's really good! Nothing I've used comes close to locking in moisture like this does. My knuckles get really really dry every winter and just a tiny dab of this stuff gets them soft and supple in a matter of seconds!

on 5/18/2013 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is not just a hand cream, it is a healer. A couple of times a year I get really bad dermatitis on my hands (think it might be pollen related). Just one application before bed gets rid of 95% of the dry skin. Used over a couple of days this gets rid of it completely. I do not use it every day but I think I might now start using once a week to keep the skin supple. I have had the same tube for 2 years (lasts 36 months once opened). I bought mine for under £2 so it is great value. I like the unscented aspect. Quite hard to get out of the tube as it is a very concentrated gel. 200 applications in the tube according to the text on the tube. Sometimes hard to judge how much you need. 2 dabs seems to do the trick. This takes a small time to sink in but when it does it seems to act as a long term shield. If you buy one cream, make it this one. I like to have a more luxurious product as my everyday hand cream but if I could only have one it would be the Neutrogena one.

Popular Body Skincare Products