Hard Candy Lunchbox mini makeup kit

3.0

on 3/3/2008 2:39:00 PM

I am kind of split on this kit. I have the pink one and like everyone else I bought it for the pacakging and so I could try out HC products.
I LOVED the glosses and used them up in no time. The blush and concelear and highlight were also great. The shadows were a different story. The only one i liked was the blue one but the rest are nothing special. I wish that I knew the names of the glosses though, I really liked them :(

on 12/11/2007 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

well its the thought that counts???
the idea a nice... but the package quality is crap. hinge broke after a couple of days and i had to rubber band it closed. however, the rubber band couldnt detract more from the chintzy packaging that look like something you find in a 14 yr olds backpack.
aside from that, the colors are cute but that quality is so-so. the blush and highlighter are actually pretty smooth on application. and the teeny eyeliner is pretty nice. you can get an accurate line with minimal smudge and misplaced color.
i keep this stashed in my desk at work for emergencies. nothing in the 'lunchbox' is really suitable for everyday duty.

on 10/5/2007 6:52:00 PM

Hated this product. I got the blue one and the eyeshadow has no pigment and the lipsticks were terrible apart from the light pink gloss. Everything else was pretty useless except the blush and bronzer which were useable. For teens and pre teens only.

I am a total fan of this-- I have the blue and the pink one. I love the lip glosses, they stay on forever and their so soft and sheer. I also love the bronzer and the concealer. I'm very pale and it's perfect on my skin tone. Love it!!

I carried this around in my purse for touch ups for a good 4-6 months before it broke. I had the pink one and eyeshadows were nice and sheer. The lipglosses smelled good and lasted for a long time but the brushes weren't nice. The blush and bronser didn't come with a brush and i wish they had but the products were nce still. The concealers were great!

on 2/7/2007 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I had the pink one for about a week before it fell apart. In my opinion, the colors aren't great for anyone over 12 years old. The lipgloss stung! Save your money! I wish I had known about sephora's great return policy before it was too late.

on 10/11/2006 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had the blue one and the entire thing fell apart on me before I could even really use it. Only about 1/4 of the colors went well with my fair skin. The mascara was awful. It's too bad because the thing is adorable...but it's better for a little girl who is playing dress-up!

What the hell, I don't see everyones issue with this thing. This is the 2nd HC lunchbox I've bought. (the blue and the pink one) I LOVE it. I love the lipglosses, they have a great consistency, and they last forever. I did throw out the 2 little brushes, I just use my fingers.
The eyeshadows are nice because they are shimmery, not glittery.
My favorite part of the lunchbox is the concealers. I will never use any other brand of concealer. I have really pale skin and the top one is perfect. I also love the bronzer.
This thing is great for travelling or just keeping in your purse!! I love it.

on 3/27/2006 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I hate this little thing! It's a complete rip-off! I saw it on Sephora.com and I immediately wanted to buy it; however, I had no idea it was going to be that small! The only think I ended up using in this palette was... nothing. I simply bought it because of the packaging, and even that fell apart within a matter of weeks. Cheap. I dropped it once ONTO MY COUNTER, not even the floor, and all of the eye shadows broke and chipped. It was horrible, but they were so small that there was no way I could have used them anyway. The eyeliner was just plain painful, even though it did look cute, and the mascara was petite and unusable. The only thing I ended up using was the lipgloss, which I have to admit was a nice texture and color on my fair skin. This package is meant simply for looks, a cute little thing to display in your makeup case! It is NOT practical and NOT worth it unless you're looking for just a cute trinket!

on 11/25/2005 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

This palette is so adorable! I bought it for the packaging alone. But the makeup is decent and usable too. I did my face using only this product and got nice results. The glosses are gorgeous, the eye shadows are a nice assortment of colors. I'm a PPP and the shadows showed up nicely on me. The liner is sooo tiny. It's hard and sharp It did give me a nice thin line but since it'll be impossible to sharpen it's not worth much. The mascara is good, the concealers are "eh", the highlighter is super nice. The blush looks scarey dark in the pan for a PPP but it went on a sheer rose color and was flattering.

Update: I've been using this palette for a few months and I love it! It's so useful and compact. I don't use the brushes it came with. I took the brushes out of the top tray and filled that compartment with cream to powder foundation to make the palette even more complete.

Popular Palettes