October 23, 2014 | 933 users online

Eye Shadow - Givenchy - Shadow Show-#07 Chic Camel

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2009 12:42:00 PM More reviews by mistyct

Ok, I don't know what it is with me and my quest to find the best "shimmering taupe". I may seek therapy for this later on. However, after spending hours on this board looking at different reviews for shadows, I was set on a completely different shade from a different brand. I get to Sephora and look at thecolor I went for and thought, "Meh, it's ok." Everyone else seemed to love it so I thought I was gonna have to try and love it too. I was on my way to the counter to pay when I walked by this shade in the Givenchy section. I have no idea why I never looked at Givenchy before. I think it may be because their packaging seems very flashy to me. I digress....I swiped the tester thinking that theres no way a "camel" would be to my liking. Boy oh boy! This shade is marvelous. It is so much more than "taupe' and nowhere near "camel". It definitely has mauve tones to it, but I think that is what gives it more depth than just a regular taupe. Try it. It is very expensive. It says refillable, and I have no idea where to buy the refills because I didnt see them at my Sephora. But I'd be curious to see what the refills sold for. Maybe that would help ease the cost a little. The compact is very chic - of course!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2008 3:26:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have found my HG crease shade. It's a gorgeous plummy taupe that compliments my strange NC37 MMM complexion and dark hair. Warmer taupes look awful on me but this, with its purplish greyish brownish mix is just perfect. Nice and sheer but buildable, and it has a lovely satiny texture, not too shimmery, never looks crepey. The compact is gorgeous as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2007 4:08:00 PM More reviews by SweetPinkRagdoll

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this color!! Its a very nice shimmery mauvey taupe. Its really lovely. i have brown eyes and it compliments them well..Id highly rec'd this color for anyone just trying Givenchy for the 1st time and want to try a color, this is the one to try!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2007 3:56:00 AM More reviews by aelgif

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Most eyeshadows make me look worse than when I started. This, however, is the exception. I love this shade - it truly is chic. A cool taupe with a hint of mauve and ever so slight shimmer. No camel in sight! I have pale skin, with dark blue eyes, and would recommend this shade for neutral to cool skintones. One of the best basic taupe shades of eyeshadow on the market.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2005 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Beautster

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love it, love it! I'm a brown-shadow junkie - and this is my absolute favourite. Even outdoes Chanel Vega, IMHO. A beautiful, softly shimmering taupe, perfect for my cool-toned PPP skin. It layers beautifully in the crease and on the outside of the lower lid; I wear it after applying Must-Have Beige as a highlighter/all-over-the-lid shadow. Or it'll do fine on its own, all over the lid. So subtle, yet can look deliciously smoky. The texture is gorgeous; it lasts all day; and it's easy to apply. And the packaging is divine: a little square box with a mirror in the lid, patterned on the outside with the trademark Givenchy 'key pattern' in black and silver. And it's refillable! Gorgeous. Will definitely repurchase. My HG taupe eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2004 4:26:00 AM More reviews by Honey_pot

This is the very first Givenchy product I tried. Just to say 'uhm... 'new' brand... let's see how it is'. I bought in in Chic Camel because it was one of the few colours I really liked (they do not give you great choice - for the moment at least - and I already have a LOT of eyeshadown in many different colours from other brands). When you look at it, it seems more like a brown, but if you wear it it's more like a soft purple. It's perfect with a light rose eyeshadow to give you a classy, nude look (perfect for a marriage or even for official occasions when you want to look perfect, but not too made up). The texture is very silky. It stays exactly where you put it all day long. I adore it.

Not only I would surely re-buy it when it's finished, but I definitely added Givenchy in one om my favourite brands (I bought other eyeshadows, a compact powder and several eyepencils. I'm perfectly happy with all of them)