March 1, 2015 | 2196 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2015 9:07:00 PM More reviews by blancopanda920

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

amazing for new york winters but too icky in the summer

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2015 1:05:00 AM More reviews by oosagi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My all time must have lip product. Been using this for over twenty years, and if I ever shift to a different balm I always come back to burst bees eventually. I especially gravitate to it in northern winters, when dry lips become a real problem. I actually don't find this all that minty, seems strange to me that some people say it burns. It's got a thick waxy texture, which I love because I find it lasts longer than anything else I've ever used. No other balms last overnight the way this does. I use it under drying lip colors as a moisturizing base. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2015 6:51:00 PM More reviews by LemonFairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent product. Makes your lips super soft and lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2015 6:28:00 AM More reviews by Cactuskiss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very soft lip balm, I use it everyday and in every season, not just during the winter.
It is not oily at all and it lasts quite a lot (and has no flavour). Also the prize is very good.
I buy tons when Im in The States.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2015 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Aimbl

This is a review of Burt's bees tinted lip balm in caramel daisy. It's okay and I will use it up. The color is good. No objectionable scent. Problem is a slightly granular or grainy texture and a slightly stale taste (this is a new purchase) and it's on the expensive side for a drugstore brand. Also, it seems to have small chunks of shimmer.

This is less waxy feeling than chap stick, but you do feel a coating on the lips.

For less money, I prefer palmers cocoa stick (the one that looks like a big glue stick) which is natural, matte. Or if I want color, Wet and wild or NYX

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2015 10:11:00 AM More reviews by ChocolateMeow

BEST LIP BALM EVER! I have been using this for over 8 years! It is the only chapstick that I actually like. I hate all other chapsticks because it doesn't work and I hate the feeling. I am one of those people who has to be feel or see something to know it's working, so I absolutely love the tingly feeling this has. I grew up with this and I love it. (I actually went through a period in 5th grade where I was addicted to this and I put a thick layer of this on every 5 minutes! I look back on it and it's really embarrassing because I would put it all around my lips like above them and stuff omg) I love this stuff so much!!! (:

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2015 9:03:00 AM More reviews by smokingcaramels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like the consistency, it's a thick waxy balm. However its minty and I hate that feeling on my lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2015 2:23:00 AM More reviews by nailizz

is not my go to #1 lip balm, but it smells really great and although it's more waxy then oily/smooth such as, say baby lips, is still very moisturizering and i love burts beesand it's ingredients

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2015 5:41:00 PM More reviews by kiki56

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was excited to buy my first Burt's Bees lip balm, but that died quickly.

It moisturises well at first, but I need to reapply every 30 minutes to an hour. My lips are pretty dry, all the time. In Canada's winters, its even worse.

It ran out pretty quickly, and wasn't even that great at conditioning. It also had a funny taste to it, which is really hard to describe. No, I didn't eat it but its on my lips so obviously you are bound to taste it sooner or later!

I wont be repurchasing, and I wouldn't recommend it. There are much better brands and options out there, for half the price of Burt's Bees.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2015 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- goes on clear so can layer some lipsticks or gloss on top
- moisturizing
- natural ingredients (uses beeswax and sweet almond oil)
- peppermint oil gives illusion of fresh breath

Cons:
- peppermint oil can sting for first few minutes (if you are sensitive, skip this product)
- have to use fingers to apply if in the tin. Buy tube if available

I don't like having to use my fingers so this tin stays beside my bed. The problem is the peppermint oil is quite strong so it does not aid in sleeping. I find that I don't reach for it because of having to use my fingers and the peppermint zing. Won't repurchase even if it is in a tube.

Rating: 3/5