October 21, 2014 | 1835 users online

Makeup Brushes - Bobbi Brown - Foundation Brush - short handle

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

Very good and durable. Applies my liquid foundations and souffle foundations very smoothly and I'm sure it will last for several years. I think my foundation brush is almost a year old or maybe a bit older than that. : )

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by dierregi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this brush and a MAC one, but this one wins the day without any doubt. The foundation is evenly spread on the face without any streak and the brush is easily cleaned with hot water and soap.

Would definitely recommend over MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Gerdule

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Got the whole kit of brushes and this one was in it. absolutely amazing, I'm using it everyday for application of foundation. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by shanx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is expensive but so beautiful to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by alletsmat

One word. AMAZING! Does not absorb my TM and gives a fantastic coverage without being cakey!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

I have owned this brush for at least three years, wash it after ever use, and it still is in identical condition to the day I purchased it. My experience with Bobbi Brown brushes is general has been positive, and her foundation brush is no exception - its synthetic bristles allow for less foundation waste, and help me target the specific areas where I need more coverge. This brush also washes very well, with no shedding whatsoever. While it is not cheap, it's an investment that will last a long time if you properly care for it. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by aspiecutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Almost IDENTICAL to the SPAresource Foundation Brush, or maybe it's the other way around;-). Fellow CANADIANS should check that one out. It sells for only $3.97 at Walmart.

The design of Spa Resource brushes is the same as Bobbi Brown. They copied the design, duplicated a few of the brushes and diversified the range by including some new ones. I would not be surprised if they were provided by the same supplier.

The foundation brush in particular is almost identical. The handle is longer, which I actually prefer, but the head of the brush is the same. If fact it is so similar that you might just as well read the reviews on the Bobbi Brown.

NOTE: My mom uses it to apply her Shiseido sunscreen. She can also mix a few drops of a darker shade foundation to counteract the whiteness. The brush is very soft, washes easily, and hasn't shed after 6 months. Because the head is relatively short, it doesn't waste product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by OrangeandWhiteTigerLilly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was my first foundation brush I purchased. I still have mine after 5 years. It is still in good condition because I also bought a different foundation brush and I alternate between the two. This brush is great with applying liquid foundation you will a smooth and flawless looking face. It is not that hard to clean I either use a makeup remover spray (by Sonia Kashuk) or hair conditioner and use my fingers to get between the bristles. I wouldnt purchase this product again because my other foundation brush by MAC I like better and typically one use this one when my MAC one is not clean.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by feveragnes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My Bobbi Brown foundation brush comes with a long handle, and I got it 6 years ago. It is soft, never sheds and can apply foundation on my face smoothly, evenly with precision.

However, like most (or all) traditional foundation brushes, it is difficult to clean the creamy foundation out of the brush, no matter how I do it. After 6 years, the shape is changed with disintegrated bristles totally hardened up. I have to toss it... but not bad for a foundation brush to serve me for 6 years!

Bristles: 5/5
shape: 4/5
versatility: 3.5/5
application: 4/5
price: 3.5/5

Overall: 3.9/5

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 4:35:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for the full size brush (long handle)

This is the best classic style foundation brush i've used - much softer bristles and easier to use than the others i have tried (E.L.F. studio angled, Benefit). It does make it easy to apply liquid foundation and the patting method is great to add additional coverage on top of your first layer if you need it and without streaking.

The reason for 4 lippies is that (1) its expensive.. 31? Okay i know it will last and last but come on BB? (2) I have given 5 lippies to the Real Techniques stippling brush which is better than this in my opinion. Everyone is different, but i find the real techniques brush gives me a more airbrushed finish than the BB foundation brush.

If you do prefer a classic foundation brush then this is a staple brush for you, but i will not repurchase... i will be using my Real Techniques brush instead and maybe this the odd time when i want more of a full coverage.