Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

3.8

Active ingredients: Octyl Methoxycinnamate (Octinoxate) and Methyl Anthranilate. Other ingredients: Purified Water, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) PEG-40 Castor Oil (and) POE-20, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclomethicone, DEA-Ceryl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Kalaya Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica.

The first time I tried this I disliked it. It felt thick on my face and gel like. But knowing so many people liked it I decided to consistently try it for a week and I am now a believer! I took some getting used to for me because of the texture but I have learned to love it. It gives me just enough coverage on my "good skin" days so I don't have to use a heavier foundation.

on 3/1/2015 10:24:00 AM

I bought this hoping to replace my Clarins tinted moisturizer that I suspected was breaking me out, and the SA at Sephora told me this was by far the best. I got a shade that was almost exactly the same as my Clarins one, and ended up with caramel. This tinted moisturizer is a but harder to work with than my Clarins one, and it also covers more. I should've gotten a lighter color, since it doesn't blend as sheer as the Clarins one, but hopefully it will fit me in the summer. Other than the fact that it is harder to blend it's nice. It's nothing spectacular, but leaves my skin nice and beautiful. It does get shiny in my T-zone, but I'm not too fussy about that. Overall a nice tinted moisturizer an love the SPF.

on 2/28/2015 10:56:00 AM

This is easily the best tinted moisturiser that I have ever tried. It goes on so smoothly and instantly brightens and balances my complexion.

It obviously has a very sheer coverage so is absolutely perfect for those days when you just want to allow your skin to breathe.

It is pretty pricey but totally worth the investment if you wear tinted moisturiser daily (as I do). One tube lasts me 7-8 months so the cost per wear is pretty small. I totally totally love it!

(The only thing I would add is that if you don't wear tinted moisturiser all the time and you are a bit nervous about spending such a lot of money on one product then I would also HIGHLY recommend Nivea tinted moisturiser day cream - this is really similar to the Laura Mercier product and at a much more reasonable price point.)

on 2/25/2015 10:16:00 PM

Absorbs really quickly into my skin. Very lightweight for days I don't want to cake it on. Great for minimal coverage if you're looking to freshen up your face a bit before heading out the door.

on 2/17/2015 1:13:00 PM

I bought this for my 17 years old daughter in shade Bisque. It gives sheer coverage. She has dry skin and this feel very light. She don't need to set with powder at all due to her skin type. Great to even out her skin. She happy with the products. If you already have a nice skin and just need some thing that will even out your skin than this will be the product for you. This is a tinted moisturizer not regular foundation that will gives medium and full coverage. Laura Mercier is great on her primer and tinted moisturizer.

on 2/15/2015 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

As I get older, I find that less is more and that a healthy glow from a tinted moisturizer that covers flaws like redness and tiny broken veins is as much as I need. I've purchased this tinted moisturizer three times now and it's imparts a lovely radiance to my skin without making it look chalky or caked on. I appreciate the generous dose of an SPF it contains though it doesn't smell like sunblock fortunately. While I still get an oily TZone as the day goes on, oddly, the regular version of this product works better for me than the oil-free version which makes my skin very dry indeed. I use it in Porcelain which is not a slam-dunk color for me alas. This TM used to come in a limited number of colors when it was first introduced but now the selection is vast though I still can't find an exact match. At this price point, it makes the product a bit disappointing. My perfect match is probably a mix between Nude and Porcelain or Blush and Porcelain. I wish Sephora or LM carried smaller tubes of all its colors so customers can experiment and find the perfect blend but alas those tubes only come in Nude and Sand. I haven't had leakage problems with the tube though I travel a fair amount but given how many other people have had this occur, I assume I've just been lucky. Still I just purchased another tube of it and I will continue to repurchase until I can find something better. Not my HG but a very nice product.

on 2/11/2015 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

One of my few holy grail products that I buy again and again. Nude is the perfect match for my skin. I do not need a full coverage foundation and this gives me wonderful lightweight coverage that looks like my skin but better. Just evens everything out. Since my skin is dry I use this over my regular heavier moisturizer. Best tinted moisturizer I've found!

on 2/11/2015 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you're going for the no make up make up look this tinted moisturizer is for you!!

Let me begin by saying that I have dry, very sensitive skin and I don't like the feel of heavy make up. I almost always only use tinted moisturizers and/or BB creams.

I've heard people say that the coverage on this isn't that great but I disagree. A tinted moisturizer isn't designed to give you the same coverage as a full on foundation so I don't really understand the critique there. It's not going to cover up your acne or super red blemishes but if you have decent to good skin it will even out your skin tone and make it look flawless. If you're going for the no make up make up look this tinted moisturizer is for you! It's super light -most of the time I forget I have it on. It lets my skin breath and when I naturally blush it lets it shine through. I can contour and highlight and blush more smoothly and blend it out better when I wear this. It looks natural, not caky at all, and makes people think I have naturally even skin.

The price quality ratio is okay. Of course I'd be happy if it were a bit cheaper but the product can go a long way. You don't have to touch up especially when applied with your fingers so the wear is quite long. However, it's very near the line where if the price were to increase I'd say it's overpriced.

The packaging is nothing special but definitely fits into the laura mercier vibe - if that makes any sense!? It's easy to travel with and hygienic.

Imo it's a 4 star product but I'm going for the 5 stars because I feel like the overall rating needs to be higher. I'm on my second tube and will definitely repurchase this!

on 2/7/2015 12:23:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm on the fence with this product.
I am the LAZIEST person ever when it comes to skincare yada yada (I used to wash my face with plain soap and water so you get my point).
I have dry skin and i'm never a fan of heavy makeup (such as foundation), and I only use BB or CC Cream with light coverage.
I never knew its possible that a single product is capable of moisturizing + tint + protect your skin from UV rays (SPF) at the same time so believe me, when I heard about tinted moisturizer I rushed to Sephora in a heartbeat.

It leaves a sheen with almost zero color coverage. That being said, I can't notice a difference it makes to my face cosmetically. It does feel moisturizing, awesome.
But I can't help but to feel like i'm wearing a film on my skin and my skin feels uncomfortable underneath this.

on 2/5/2015 4:15:00 PM

It does what is says, it's tinted and it moisturizes. Very lightweight and gives a fine texture to the skin. But it has strange color i think. I have very pale skin and use every foundation/ tinted moisturizers lightest tone summer or winter. Porcelain shade of Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer is kinda yellowish and weirdly dark to my skin tone. There is a color difference between my neck and face when i used it. So, don't recommend if your skin is so pale. But if there is a color match for you, it's a good product.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Foundations, Powders, and Tinted Moisturizers: MAC, YSL, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, ETC by Crystal DivaLevy