Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

3.8

Active ingredients: Octyl Methoxycinnamate (Octinoxate) and Methyl Anthranilate. Other ingredients: Purified Water, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) PEG-40 Castor Oil (and) POE-20, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclomethicone, DEA-Ceryl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Kalaya Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica.

It annoys me that some reviewers give this a lower rating because it doesn't give as much coverage as their bb/cc creams or other foundations. Hello? It's neither. it's a moisturizer that happens to be tinted and does a darn good job at just that.

This is good if A) you don't wear foundation/don't like to wear foundation but are looking for a tiny bit of coverage. Other than the aforementioned, I'd save my money.

This product is literally just 10% pigment in sunscreen lotion. Save your ~$40 and just add some powder foundation into a sunscreen lotion and be done with it.

Since I want more med-full coverage, I don't really care for this.

Working for me again

I really moisturize my face, take a bit of this and mix some sort of glowing primer in a white or light color to make it match the color of my face

Then I put onto of my face rub it in good

I have to use concealer, and fix it with spray

I have my own home made fix it -- hyaluronic acid (I buy online), with a bit of liquid glycerine, followed by my other products

So far it is sticking and keeping me moist all day long

Doesn't work well just rubbing it in and then using powder, never has

I think each person needs to sort of modify what they get off the shelf for color and texture as in different times of the year products will work for me or really not work for me

Another holy grail ! I dont use foundation often and this is the perfect option for daily wear. I use it with wet beauty blender and just dabbed it in. Long time ago i used it with my fingers and i think it didnt blend well. Thank God for beauty blender !!! A lot of my friend compliment me when I wear the tinted moisturizer with the blender.. I tried a few other brand for BB creams and nothing has beat Laura Mercier

I really like the finish it gives my skin. It's not drying and feels very comfortable on my face. In warmer weather it can get a bit oily looking around my nose, but it doesn't do that in the winter. I bought it first in the summer, and then I noticed that it started looking too dark/orange in the winter, so I went back to get a second lighter shade for winter skin. Even this lightest shade looks a bit orange to me, but I've started applying it to my face with a makeup brush instead of my fingers, which distributes the product more evenly. It also doesn't settle in creases on my face, which is great.

I like that it's not drying, doesn't crease, and it feels comfortable to wear. The only minus is that the color is a bit off/slightly orangey.

Color in Bisque was a good match for my fair yet neutral skin, but I don't get the hype around this product at all. Due to said hype, I've tried this tinted moisturizer about 2-3x over the last two years. I've tried it fresh-faced out of the shower as a sample, and I've tried it a few hours after my regular moisturizer sets in when shopping at Sephora/Ulta. In all cases, this ended up giving me much more coverage than I wanted and it showed dry flakes--even on my typically oily cheeks and forehead. It wasn't horrible, but it is a) more like a light foundation and b) didn't wear well on my skin that is in good condition. I'd rather lightly use my cheap HG foundation than spend the big bucks on something that barely works.

I recommend getting a sample and wearing it while doing errands for a few hours before purchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Feels luxurious and makes skin nice however you have to make sure to pick the right color and if u r looking for full coverage this is not it. It's not matte, it does give face kind of a glow. The product itself feels good in the skin.. not heavy.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Love this! I was nervous to buy it after reading some of these mixed reviews but I am so glad I went for it- It's pretty fantastic. My skin is combination with oilier t-zone and dry in certain regions, I get break outs easily and have uneven skin tone, some hyperpigmentation and freckles. Yet, I have found that when I try to mask all of that, it just doesn't end up looking good- my skin looks like I have a lot of makeup and there is no glow. My husband also doesn't like it when he can't see any of my freckles :) So it's a tall order I was looking for- I was looking for something that is lightweight and doesn't break me out, had spf and moisture, and evened out my skin tone but didn't mask it. This is the perfect product for that. Feels very light and absorbs into the skin, did not break me out, is light to medium coverage. I apply a little more to certain areas I want more coverage. I also use spot concealer under my eyes and on blemishes (I love Bare Minerals pan concealer) I apply a little bronzer and blush and you have this healthy nice, natural glow! Lasted for most of the day with little break through. I will definitely be repurchasing.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Purchased this product b/c I wanted a dewy finish and not a cakey/powder look nor heavy foundation look. I -am in between colors with LM Tinted Moisturizer and settled on Nude, then after a couple weeks I decided to experiment with the Nude and purchase the LM Illuminating tinted moisturizer (Bare Radiance) This is a beautiful combo. Wearing a sheer tint is unlike foundation or mineral powders, it is a more natural look and I am enjoying wearing this product and pleased with the results -after mixing both products.

I bought this Tinted Moisturizer after reading a few good reviews for days that I didn't really want to wear a full face of makeup, but did want some coverage.

It was a bit pricey, but for a good brand name, I was willing to give it a try. The packaging is okay, but I like to store mine upside down because it is quite a thin product and one time I opened it and a fair amount of it poured out into the lid. I applied it sometimes with a beauty blender, and sometimes with a face makeup brush. Both ways worked fine, I didn't have a preference.

Immediately upon application, it appeared a bit greasy, but soaked in to a glowy finish within a couple of minutes, and I finished it with a pressed powder, just to set it.

It looked good until towards the end of my workday when I had started to get a bit oily through it, but I just touched up with pressed powder which looked fine until I got home and removed it later in the evening.

Overall, I quite liked it! I have already repurchased it for those days when I don't feel like a full foundation face.

Pros: lighter feel on the face, decent amount in the tube, good colour match, glowy finish, easy to apply, no scent
Cons: pricey, not the best packaging, wears off during a long day

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Foundations, Powders, and Tinted Moisturizers: MAC, YSL, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, ETC by Crystal DivaLevy