July 30, 2014 | 2042 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I purchased this in the shade Nude. It seems to be a good match for NC20. I tried it a few years ago, but did not like the formula because it felt very greasy on my oily skin and didn't give me the coverage I was looking for (acne scarring). Now that I've been working on my skin care for a few years, my skin is much more even toned and more balanced. However, this still looked pretty oily on my face. After I wore it for a few days, I got cystic acne too. This is a cult favorite, and may work for some people, but not me.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by CroatBoat

Ugh I wanted to love this but something has been breaking me out lately so the last 2 days I've only worn this on my face and now I'm 99% sure this is what's breaking me out.

Im disappointed because it made my skin look nicer without feeling heavy. Oh well.

Also the packaging leaked alot.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by SashaKHolt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer for about 3 years now, and I absolutely love it. It gives me the perfect amount of coverage without emitting any type of a "cakey" look or feeling. That being said, this product definitely isn't for everyone! It won't give the same coverage or "flawless finish" that a foundation can. I would absolutely recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a more natural look; this product can correct redness and uneven coloring but isn't heavy enough to do anything more serious than that.
Another note: a little goes a long way with this product! I don't need more than a dab to completely cover my face because its super light & blends SO easily. I got one tube to last me up to 8 months!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by blairreebear

I wanted to love this so much :'( . I put it on and it blended in perfect, perfect color match and really easy to blend. It's summer time so I was looking for something really light but still not showing imperfections. Maybe 2 days later I had some break outs, next day more and so on. I stopped using it and my skin slowly went back to normal after releasing all the left over that was still underneath my skin. I haven't broke out this bad in forever. It's a great TM though I just wouldn't recommend it to anyone with acne prone skin. If I can save anyone from the unfortunate situation I went through I will. Definitely test it and see if your skin will be okay.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 3:49:00 AM More reviews by TheModType

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know why, but after purchasing this it sat in the bottom of my makeup bag for a quite some time. I only recently rediscovered it, and remember why I fell in love with it. The finish is just so beautiful, and I feel like the coverage is pretty good for a tinted moisturizer. I have nc 20 skin now, and when I purchased it I was slightly darker, making the colour I have now (bisque) too dark. Given the consistancy I am still able to wear it though. I plan on repurchasing this in the shade "nude." Some negatives: the packaging, as so many have said, is terrible. I feel like I can't control how much product comes out, and a lot is wasted. However, this gets better with use. Overall I think it is a really great foundation! I have normal- combination skin for reference :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by ShakiraShakira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sooo as part of my seemingly never ending quest for a good foundation/tinted moisturiser, I decided to try out LM on account of all of the good reviews it's gotten on a number of websites. I paid a £33 for a tube, which was pretty steep in my opinion, but worthwhile if it worked. Unfortunately this isn't the tinted moisturiser for me for a number of reasons:

1) It provides extremely light coverage, too light for me without wearing concealer underneath. It looks like I have nothing on and I've noticed a distinct lack of compliments on my skin since wearing this. Hmm...

2) It transfers on to EVERYTHING. My clothes, fingers, paper, fiancé. I'm afraid to give hugs just in case the person I hug ends up a greasy, brown stained mess. Yikes.

3) It slides off my face after about an hour and leaves my skin looking extremely greasy. I may get less than an hour in the summer.

4) It's not a perfect match for my complexion and oxidises to a weird orange colour throughout the day.

5) Smells like sunscreen. I do like the texture though!

In all whilst this isn't really really awful it's bad enough for me to not purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2014 8:35:00 AM More reviews by riceboxes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm going to be the odd one out here but here goes...

This tinted moisturiser does not provide me with any coverage whatsoever! I know it's a tinted moisturiser and it's not supposed to give you an amazing coverage, but this provides NONE.

It feels like I'm just applying a regular moisturiser as I cannot see the difference before and after application :/

I have only used it once so far, I'll give it another try later and see if my opinion changes but I doubt that!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 8:12:00 AM More reviews by dlmslp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

As you age you find foundations of any kind (mineral or liquid) tend to settle into fine lines and wrinkles. Less is more to help with this. I love this TM and use it with LM secret camoflauge for imperfections when needed and Bobbi Brown's corrector and concealer for dark circles. All work together really well and I'm happy with the outcome.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 2:49:00 AM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is flippin amazing!! It's exactly how a tinted moisturizer should be. It's moisturizing but dry to the touch, also dries quickly. Color is so evening and wonderful, it definitely looks like your skin but better...cannot even detect the makeup, but somehow evens up everything. Got soo many compliments on my skin when I wore this!! Best thing about it is it doesn't crease up on the undereye area, even without powder!! NO powder necessary (wow). Coverage is pretty light but like a second layer of skin. I love how it feels natural and not chemically, a very comfortable and longlasting wear. The new shade in Nude is PERFECT for my NC20-25 coloring. Would recommend for anyone, especially those who love no-hassle makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by BlueberryPancakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I found this to have a lovely, natural texture and a very light, moisturizing feel. However, as soon as I add some to a sponge or to the back of my hand, it oxidizes within about 60 seconds and turns a deep orange. Such a shame.