August 20, 2014 | 1046 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by boobookeys

I'm around NC20 and the colour Nude comes off a little orange on me due to oxidation. I'm not sure if a lighter shade will match me better.

This is quite a peculiar product. When you squeeze it out of the tube and start blending it on your face (I use my fingers), it feels very thin. The watery-moisture part of the product was separated from the pigment part, so it's almost as if you're blending two products together. This made it hard to blend because you had to make sure both parts were evenly spread over your face. However, it gets better as the product begins to set on your face. The texture completely transforms, no longer feeling watery and instead feeling a bit tacky. I really enjoyed how it felt once it had set. The finish once set wasn't extremely dewy, I would say. There was more of just a dewy sheen on the skin. But it felt great because it wasn't "wet" on the face since the product had already set.

The coverage is sheer to light. I used 2 layers to achieve light coverage but stopped after that because I could tell the coverage couldn't be built up anymore. It definitely blurs out your pores and evens out the skin very well, so if you have good skin in the first place, this would definitely take it up a notch on its own. However, any other imperfections like blemishes can still be seen if you have any.

I have combo/oily skin so I did set this with a powder, but my oils break through quite quickly to the point where I needed to blot, maybe within 2 hours (this is around my T-zone).

This is definitely not for everyone. The pros of this for me is definitely how it sets, which makes the product feel light and as if you're wearing anything on your skin. However, oils break through easily and it oxidises to an orangey colour.

I'm now using this product only if I'm going out for a short while, and topped with a powder foundation to up the coverage and control the oils a bit.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by SDSok

My two older sisters and my mother both swear by this product. They've used it faithfully for years, so obviously I tried it. But I just didn't fall in love with it like they, and so many other people I've heard and seen on MUA, did. I have acne prone combo skin. It DID NOT make me break out, but it did make me feel oily. I've never used it with primer or any finishing powder, just the moisturizer. Very little coverage, okay coloring.. Idk I just didn't love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by addkg777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

im not sure why there was so much hype around this.. there was nothing and i mean nothing special about it. it didnt last long at all and practically slipped off my face. the colors were limited and i think it made me break out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I purchased this in the shade Nude. It seems to be a good match for NC20. I tried it a few years ago, but did not like the formula because it felt very greasy on my oily skin and didn't give me the coverage I was looking for (acne scarring). Now that I've been working on my skin care for a few years, my skin is much more even toned and more balanced. However, this still looked pretty oily on my face. After I wore it for a few days, I got cystic acne too. This is a cult favorite, and may work for some people, but not me.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by CroatBoat

Ugh I wanted to love this but something has been breaking me out lately so the last 2 days I've only worn this on my face and now I'm 99% sure this is what's breaking me out.

Im disappointed because it made my skin look nicer without feeling heavy. Oh well.

Also the packaging leaked alot.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by SashaKHolt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer for about 3 years now, and I absolutely love it. It gives me the perfect amount of coverage without emitting any type of a "cakey" look or feeling. That being said, this product definitely isn't for everyone! It won't give the same coverage or "flawless finish" that a foundation can. I would absolutely recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a more natural look; this product can correct redness and uneven coloring but isn't heavy enough to do anything more serious than that.
Another note: a little goes a long way with this product! I don't need more than a dab to completely cover my face because its super light & blends SO easily. I got one tube to last me up to 8 months!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by blairreebear

I wanted to love this so much :'( . I put it on and it blended in perfect, perfect color match and really easy to blend. It's summer time so I was looking for something really light but still not showing imperfections. Maybe 2 days later I had some break outs, next day more and so on. I stopped using it and my skin slowly went back to normal after releasing all the left over that was still underneath my skin. I haven't broke out this bad in forever. It's a great TM though I just wouldn't recommend it to anyone with acne prone skin. If I can save anyone from the unfortunate situation I went through I will. Definitely test it and see if your skin will be okay.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 3:49:00 AM More reviews by TheModType

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know why, but after purchasing this it sat in the bottom of my makeup bag for a quite some time. I only recently rediscovered it, and remember why I fell in love with it. The finish is just so beautiful, and I feel like the coverage is pretty good for a tinted moisturizer. I have nc 20 skin now, and when I purchased it I was slightly darker, making the colour I have now (bisque) too dark. Given the consistancy I am still able to wear it though. I plan on repurchasing this in the shade "nude." Some negatives: the packaging, as so many have said, is terrible. I feel like I can't control how much product comes out, and a lot is wasted. However, this gets better with use. Overall I think it is a really great foundation! I have normal- combination skin for reference :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by ShakiraShakira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sooo as part of my seemingly never ending quest for a good foundation/tinted moisturiser, I decided to try out LM on account of all of the good reviews it's gotten on a number of websites. I paid a £33 for a tube, which was pretty steep in my opinion, but worthwhile if it worked. Unfortunately this isn't the tinted moisturiser for me for a number of reasons:

1) It provides extremely light coverage, too light for me without wearing concealer underneath. It looks like I have nothing on and I've noticed a distinct lack of compliments on my skin since wearing this. Hmm...

2) It transfers on to EVERYTHING. My clothes, fingers, paper, fiancé. I'm afraid to give hugs just in case the person I hug ends up a greasy, brown stained mess. Yikes.

3) It slides off my face after about an hour and leaves my skin looking extremely greasy. I may get less than an hour in the summer.

4) It's not a perfect match for my complexion and oxidises to a weird orange colour throughout the day.

5) Smells like sunscreen. I do like the texture though!

In all whilst this isn't really really awful it's bad enough for me to not purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2014 8:35:00 AM More reviews by riceboxes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm going to be the odd one out here but here goes...

This tinted moisturiser does not provide me with any coverage whatsoever! I know it's a tinted moisturiser and it's not supposed to give you an amazing coverage, but this provides NONE.

It feels like I'm just applying a regular moisturiser as I cannot see the difference before and after application :/

I have only used it once so far, I'll give it another try later and see if my opinion changes but I doubt that!