October 31, 2014 | 1532 users online

Makeup Brushes - NARS - Eye Shader Brush 03

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by stumbellina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

If any brush is worth $80 bucks, it's this one.
Although the handle has fallen off and had to be re-glued at least once and the lettering is mostly worn away, it's still going strong after several years.
The bristles are very soft, dense, and holds not only product but also its shape over time and repeated cleanings. And NO SHEDDING. Not a single hair-ever.
Edit: On further review, this brush RULES. The quality is amazing, and I find myself using it for everything (eyeshadow crease, all over lip, shading, blending, contouring, concealer,etc) just because it blows all other brushes out of the water.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by rachelleanita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this brush. It is the ultimate versitale brush. On its side it picks up and distributes color amazingly. I haven't used anything that applies shadow better than this brush. On its tip it is your blending brush and crease brush. My ONLY complaint is the size. I wish they had a version of this brush that was half of the size or 2/3 of the size, because sometimes I want to apply color to a smaller area than what this brush can do if I'm doing a more elaborate eye. I use a lancome brush that is the perfect size, but it doesn't apply the shadow nearly as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by pquiles

Ok... I've been waiting to buy this brush forever and due to the price I just couldn't do it. I substituted w/ ULTA lg e/s brush, which is pretty prickly after a lot of washing. Each time I went to the NARS counter I'd pick this up and ooooh and aaaaahh over it's softness. Well....
I finally bought it. I do like it and find that it's become a daily staple for e/s application for me. Whether it's to apply a simple wash of color or brow bone color or to blend in colors, I'm always reaching.for it. I am glad I finally made the plunge. I'm not sure if I'd purchase this again b/c of the price; but, at this rate I'd say yes... since it seems to be a very sturdy brush and won't fall apart anytime soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2009 6:36:00 PM More reviews by lboogy

Picked up this new brush as Sephora last week. I was so excited to add it to my collection so i threw out the packaging and added the brush to my pro roll. I tested it out today and OMG, it stinks. Literally smells like a wet dog. I have more than 50 natural brushes and not one of them smell as bad as this one. Since I tossed out the packaging I cant return it and I just noticed that the metal is engraved with "made in china". Ugh, really? This brush was $55. Now I have to suck it up and deal with this so in the mean time, I've washed it and I plan on dusting it with my jurlique rose powder to mask the stench.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 8:25:00 PM More reviews by pocky

Finally, a winner from the Nars blush line!!! Before I go any further, be forewarned that this brush is $55. That's right--$55! I'm really torn up over the price because on the one hand this is a fantastic brush and one of my top 3 brushes ever but on the other hand it's $55. This brush is the perfect shape and firmness for laying down a wash of color all over the lid and the firmness of the bristles is perfect for blending. The bristles are also super soft and don't shed at all. I prefer this brush over MAC's 217 brush, which I found a little wimpy and not even nearly as good as my cheaper brushes. Oh, and the handles on Nars brushes are to die for. They're always the perfect size and shape (not too chubby but also not tapered or so skinny that they're hard to work with) and come in a sexy matte black finish that will not scratch or scratch off. Please keep in mind that this type of eyeshadow brush is best for applying shadow all over the lid and for blending. I suppose it can also be used for creasework if you've got good brush skills but I would personally use other types of eye shadow brushes. I'm of the school of thoght that believes each brush is best suited for one or two specific purposes and no more.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2009 2:25:00 AM More reviews by ohtwicemyburn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I never knew how badly I needed this brush until I finally gave it a try. I had been using the Large Dome brush for an all over wash, but it was depositing colors unevenly, and lighter colors started to look cakey to me. This brush is brilliant, seriously. An even, sheer wash of color, every time. Even Stila's Kitten, which always applied too strongly and frosty for me, could be made to look like a candlelit glow. Light, dark, frosty, glittery, matte, whatever the eyeshadow, this brush can make it into the most beautiful wash of color. I'm actually saving money in the long run, I'm sure, just because of the mileage I'll now be able to get out of all my shadows. This is also great for blending harsh edges.

You need this brush!!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 5:34:00 AM More reviews by PrincessScuzzlebutt2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Another great brush from NARS. The price is partially because its a sable brush. I use it every time i wear makeup for an all over wash of color or lid color. Its a great basic brush to have. I've had mine 5 years and it still looks and feels brand new.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2007 9:06:00 PM More reviews by somuchmakeupsolittletime

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Had I known the price of this brush when I was at the Nars counter I never would have purchased it. $55 is a bit steep for an eye brush. Fortunately I had no idea it was so expensive and so I bought it. Once I realized my error I thought about returning it, but since I already had it I figured that I might as well try it out. I'm so glad that I did. I love it. I use it every day now to lay down in the enitre eye area (lid and brow) and the lid. It works wonderfully and is well made. Application is precise and consistent no matter what shadows I use. One of my favorite brushes.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2006 12:34:00 AM More reviews by aziajs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really don't care for this brush. It is $55, which makes it the most expensive eye brush that I own. It's actually the most expensive brush I own period. The only thing I found it useful for is applying a LIGHT wash of color to the lid and for blending. That isn't enough for me. I like my eyeshadow brushes to apply my shadows with intensity, especially my NARS shadows, and this just couldn't stand up. I heard so many raves about it from the MAs that I just knew it would be fantastic and that I couldn't live without it. It's a very soft brush that feels good on the eye but it really wasn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2005 6:05:00 PM More reviews by starladear