Lauren Hutton Tinted moisturizer and sheer concealer

2.8

on 8/17/2009 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is my first experience with tinted moisturizers and I did not care for it. I found it streaky and the texture was lightweight not rich. I prefer a heavier coverage and something more suitable for oily skin.

on 9/19/2008 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have the tinted moisturizer and concealer combo in both the older (grey-beige) and new (black) packaging. I haven't had any trouble with the caps as other reviewers noted. It's pretty convenient and portable. The colors are beautiful. I use Light and love the way that the tinted moisturizer goes on - smoothly and evenly. I use a foundation brush to apply (Lauren makes a very good foundation brush - also, you can find a great foundation brush with a bamboo handle at Walgreen's called Eco-Tools for $5.99) the tinted moisturizer and a concealer brush to apply the sheer concealer. The concealer is great, doesn't settle into fine lines and a VERY LITTLE goes a long way. I'll gladly repurchase when I run out.

UPDATE: 4/7/09: I had to stop using this product because I developed a skin rash when using it. I wasn't doing anything differently makeup wise or skincare wise, so I don't know exactly what triggered the red bumps on face. Once I stopped using this, my skin condition cleared. If you have sensitive skin, be careful!

on 8/28/2007 3:14:00 PM

I bought the Tinted Moisturizer when it first came out and boy what a mess. I really liked the product but it exploded in my bag and went everywhere. I gave up on it, but then I saw that they changed the packaging to address the breakage issue. I am happy to say that I've had the same tube in my bag for about a month and have had not trouble this time.

on 6/21/2006 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I got the sample size concealer of the tinted moisterizer with my face disk(Which I LOVE!!) and just ordered the $30.00 full size off her website. The TM worked sooo well for my oily skin. I first tried to bid on Ebay for it, but couldnt get near it for a decent price...which tells me ALOT of people dig her TM as well. It's the PERFECT foundation. Covers well enough to even out and the sheer concealer takes care of the rest. I get much less oily during the day and it doesnt look heavy. It rivals all very upscale foundations and TM's.
This is expensive, yes, but for a product that does what it claims, I cant complain. Only compliment Lauren for ANOTHER genius product!!!
Bottom Line: Remarkable product thats worth the money..

on 4/30/2005 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The product was anything but sheer.In additon to the other products I have from this line,quality of the packaging was at it's worst, considering the price.

on 9/9/2004 5:07:00 AM

At first I LOVED this tinted moisturiser. I have never been a fan of tinted moisturisers because I felt they usually did nothing for me. This one was different. Although very sheer, it evened out my skin beautifully, made it glow and made me look rested and health. People complimented me every time I wore this. I did not find any tangible moisturising properties, however.

The downside: It made me break out. I know that the line is not supposed to be for youngish people like me but don't they know that even older women nowadays get acne?

Also, I prefer a tinted moisturiser with sunscreen. SPF 15 or more would be nice.

The ingeniously placed concealer is very good. I still prefer liquid under-eye concealers though (like Dior Anti-Fatique) so I'm sticking with those, but this works well in a pinch. The tiny mirror is also a nice touch.

Despite the shortcomings, I would still buy this again, had it not given me acne.