April 20, 2014 | 1589 users online

Brows - Revlon - Brow Set

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2004 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Tuscana

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been trying to make my eyebrows look better for years. Their natural shape is wonderful; people have actually stopped me and asked if I work to keep them that way but I don't (perhaps I pluck 5 stray hairs every few weeks). The problem is, I always (to my eye) had this severe look about my face, like I was always giving a hard stare. I began trying various shapings and that just looked weird. After *all* these years, I finally realized that my eyebrows have exceptionally long and thick hair (density per square inch, not the width of the eyebrows). Even though the shape is nice, they are so dark and dense that they give me a hard staring look, like having black paint drawn across the top of each eye. So after reading about trimming eyebrows, I began experimenting with my little cuticle scissors (a difficult thing to do) and began to notice a nicer face looking back from the mirror. I went hunting for actual eyebrow trimming scissors. Tweezerman's were 12 USD and up; I was hankering after the Anastasia ones which are 13 USD and up; Ramy's are 18 USD and up. But then I saw this Revlon set at the drugstore for 10 USD. They were very available and less expensive so I happily carted them home. This Revlon set comes with a pair of scissors (straight, not curved like my cuticle trimmers) and a spiral wand brush (I call it a spoolie). The scissors are of a small size for precision trimming with large finger loops for extra control (the scissors are also supposedly excellent for trimming mustaches and beards). Here's how easy it is: 1) You brush your eyebrows straight up with the spoolie. 2) You position the scissors parallel to the browline and trim hairs that extend above it. 3) You do not cut hairs at the very end of the eyebrow and do not over-cut them. Just brush the little trimmings away. Voila! You have lovely eyebrows. FANFARE. Go gettem. You will be amazed at the difference. I've found my HG solution!!! Trimming my eyebrows makes my eyes look softer and gives my face a sweeter expression. My whole problem was solved by quick trimming and not hateful plucking.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No