Alba Botanica Hawaiian Hibiscus Facial Toner

4.2

Not tested on animals

Purified Water, Polysorbate 20, Certified Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Allantoin, Sodium Pca, Extracts Of Centella Asiatica, Calendula Officinalis Flower, Witch Hazel, Hibiscus Rosa-Sinensis Flower, Arnica Montana Flower, Passion Flower Fruit, Cucumber Fruit, Honeysuckle Flower And Psidium Guajava Fruit, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Bergamot Fruit Oil

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I'm loving this toner. I've used it for 2 weeks now and I feel like the most noticeable difference are the nose blackheads. I don't think they will ever completely dissappear, but this toner has made them at least 50% less noticeable which is dramatic and awesome for me. It doesn't dry, it doesn't encourage oil, it doesn't leave a smell, and it's actually very light in scent. In the past I've used pure witch hazel, and most recently, neutrogena pore refining toner which I liked but was more harsh than this stuff.

This toner is the best I have ever used. Most just dry my skin out and make me want to kill someone if they get in between me and my moisturizer. But this stuff was light and non drying :)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I should say that I am a new user of this product. I previously used astringents to deeply slough off any dead skin cells or make up left over after cleansing my face, and to clear up/prevent acne. I decided my skin could benefit from a more gentle, natural toner. What I have found is that it doesn't pick up any debris like the astringents used to - that may be because it is gentler, or it may be because my cleanser did such a great job (I should note here, I wear extremely light make up, no foundation). But, my skin is not breaking out, so it seems clean. I basically use this very gently on my face, to close up pores, not to slough anything off - if I use too much of it and rub too much, it actually begins to sting. If I resist that urge, then my face feels rebalanced - and to me, I see a visible difference all over once it has closed my pores. I definitely need to follow up with moisturizer, but I normally would do that, anyway.

Edit: I'm knocking this down to 2 stars. I like that it is gentle, and after a week of use, I actually did begin to notice debris that it was picking up. However, it just wasn't enough - with time, my skin began to look very dull. I'm actually finding with many of the Alba Botanica products, they seem great at first, but over time, they aren't that great. I'm not so excited about this brand anymore. It's just okay.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I look forward to using this in the mornings because it's so refreshing, but I can't say it's made a real improvement in my skin. I've lots of acne, large pores, and a dull complexion, and nothing has changed since I started using this. What I can say is it doesn't irritate my skin much, it smells pretty nice, and I do see some dirt on my cotton pad when I use it, so I do know it cleanses. I also like that my skin doesn't feel tight after using it, since there's no alcohol.

Bought this toner because of all the glowing reviews on mua, but had to give it to my bf, as when I apply the toner, it stings my face like crazy, and irritates my eyes. When I woke up the next morning, my face was more swollen than usual, not sure if this product is the curprit, but it is the only thing I changed in my skincare routine. Not going to repurchase

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Seriously the best skin essential ever. It made my face clear and made it glow. This is seriously a must!

Love it!
The day after my skin is smooth and soft,also,I have noticed this toner helps to dry out small spots. Moisturizing and balancing properties at their best So awesome to have 2 in 1 and also,not to worry about putting chemicals on my skin that were tested on animals...
All in all,great job,Alba! A+

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Smells amazing and removes excess oil, dirt from my face that my cleanser missed. It leaves my skin glowing, helps with breakouts, hyperpigmentation, and moisturizes the skin to the point I really do not need to apply one. Great toner- even better than the Clinique one. Doesn't burn or irritate my sensitive skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I'm on my 3rd bottle of this toner and I loooooooove it so much. It really does get everything off of my face. It doesnt leave my face feeling tight or anything. I like the price. I find it at target, sprouts, and Im sure you can find it online.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This toner is great at removing dirt and oils from your face! Before this I used Dickinson's Witch Hazel toner. I noticed that this removed a lot more dirt than the witch hazel toner. It also helps my oily skin. Unfortunately, it burns so muuuch! It irritates my skin too much. It is a great toner if your skin isn't as sensitive. I won't be repurchasing.