Rosewater

4.5

Vor-Mag Water (water that has been vortexed and magnetized to raise the energy to a higher vibration that we believe to be more beneficial) and Hydroessential Rose Oil.

I actually purchased the Elma and Sana 100% Pure Moroccan Rose Water off of Amazon, so my rose water review is in regards to that.

Pros:
♥ Loved the smell
♥ Didn't dry my skin out

Cons:
♥ Bad, BAD acne breakout after using it
♥ Increased redness
♥ Clogged pores

I was very excited to try this because it's praised at being so gentle and effective for helping with acne, and I experienced none of that. This did absolutely nothing but smell nice and irritate my skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

So recently after suffering a few weeks of a bad acne breakout, I decided I really need to switch up my skincare routine to see if it helps. I decided to use more natural products, and the only item I kept which isn't natural is my La Roche Posay Effaclar Foaming Cleanser because it's the only one which works well for me, and I can't live without it. I've also been using a few LUSH Skincare products, which've been working brilliantly but more about those in their reviews.

Anyway, I've heard about the benefits of Rosewater for AGES, but I'd always procrastinated giving it a go. I totally wish I'd started it sooner, because I love it!

The brand I use is the KTC Rose Water which is £1.00 in my local Sainsburys, so it's so affordable. I also add a few strands of Saffron in, like 2 or 3, and give it a small shake every time I use it.

It takes time to see results but I can tell it is making my face better, not worse so I'm gonna stick with it and update back in a few weeks. So far though, I love it because it gets rid of dirt, mattifies, brightens and hydrates my skin and those four things are what I look for in a skincare product.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I think the reviewer below me just chose a poor brand. I'm no snob when it comes to products - I've only just started to look at ingredients and pay more for better quality - but the rose water featured in the image (Heritage Store) has non of the effects she listed! A local health store had this in the beauty section for 15 dollars. I thought that was a decent price considering how much you get. After only one use I'm in love! My skin is brighter, and unlike when I use my other toner, my skin tone has no red irritation and it soothed my skin after cleansing. Plus it leaves a refreshing rose scent behind! Totally recommend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought a bottle of Cortas rose water from a neighborhood Middle Eastern store recently. It was under$2 for 300ml bottle. Super cheap compared to any other toner. It came in a glass bottle with a metal twist off cap. The packaging was super inconvenient for a toner bottle, but it was sold in the food section as a food/beverage ingredient. The store carries another brand of rose water, but that one lists rose flavor as an ingredient and I don't want to put artificial flavoring on my face. The Cortas one only lists rose water as its ingredient.

I use toner to clean whatever makeup/dirt that is left behind by Albolene and Hada Labo cleanser. The rose water has no cleaning power whatsoever. The cotton pad is always clean with rose water but with any other toner the pad has makeup residue on it. Rose water provides moisture for a short while. After it dries, so does your skin. I use moisturizer after applying this. My face itches after I use this. The itching is mild and the rose water doesn't burn like some other stuff I've tried.

What bothers me the most is the smell. It does not smell like fresh rose at all. It doesn't smell like it in the bottle, but after you applied it and it has dried, it smells a little like urine. It took me awhile to figure out it was the rose water that gives that smell. At first I thought maybe I stepped on something.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

After trying many different types of toners I stumbled on rosewater. This has been a savior for my acne prone skin. I adore the light rose scent. I use rosewater as facial mist, toner and to set my makeup. I will also spray it in my dry hair if I feel it needs a little extra moisture. I use it as a toner after cleansing my face. I have also used it to set my foundation for a dewy finish. I do prefer to use a rosewater spray with aloe vera now like Mario Badescu or Andalou Rosewater sprays.

I use Cortas rosewater on my face. I know it's supposed to be for baking, but whatever. This is a bottle format. I turn the bottle upside down to get a little bit on fingers and rub it on.

I don't usually need a moisturizer, but my skin will get a little dry if I don't use something. This is perfect. It doesn't make your skin instantly perfect, but if you use it continually there will be a large difference.

This reduces puffiness and redness around my eyes, moistens dry areas, clears up any acne, and brightens. It also reduces pores.

It balances skin perfectly. I seriously recommend that you try it :) plus if you hate it, you can make rosewater cookies

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Rosewater is a must in my daily face routine! I apply it both day and night right after I was my face. Afterwards, I do my daily face routine.

PROS:
- this is perfect for dry skin - make sure to use this immediately after washing your face when it is still a bit damp
- it will keep the flakes away
- smells great
- a bottle lasts a good amount of time

CONS:
-none.

I love this!! It has cleared up my acne like nothing else has in 10 years.

My routine now:
AM rinse with water and apply rosewater
PM rinse with AHA cleanser and apply rosewater.

Rosewater is key!

I'm in remote Australia and started off by purchasing from iherb.com. I got the Heritage Rosewater & Glycerin. It was fab but I have combination skin (normal cheeks and oiler t zone) and the glycerin made my t zone look shiny.

Ordering from iherb it took a couple of weeks to arrive. I ordered some more but thought I might run out before more arrived. I found some on the Australian website saison.com.au however it was the gourmet version at AUD19.95 and AUD10 shipping.

I was food shopping in a town an hour a way when I dropped into the chemist and asked if they sold rosewater. The chemist said he would make some for me! Score! It came in a nice chemist style glass bottle and I could choose the size. I got 200ml for AUD5.50. I tried it on my skin and I've found it moisturising, reduces all redness and keeps my skin clear.

Next time I'm in town I'll get 500ml just to stock up. Or maybe use more as a hair rinse and lingerie wash. I'm an addict!

I recommend Australians ask around for a chemist who will make you some as this seems the most inexpensive way to purchase. Not all chemists will, though.

UPDATE 12/02: The Rosewater toner without glycerine ended up breaking me out in little bumps. The one with glycerine made my t zone oily. I still believe in a simple routine and am currently using KenKay Aqueous Cream Cleanser and that's all. It is a soap replacement that doesn't break me out!

UPDATE 2/6/15: I tried using this again with glycerine, ugh just terrible. I've ended up throwing the bottle out just to prevent me from ever using it again!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this stuff!

It smells so nice and it relieves tight dry skin. Im a sensitive acne-prone gal and this helps calm my skin. I still feel like i need a moisturizer after. I've tried to spray a lot in place of using a moisturizer and it made my skin really tacky... so won't be doing that again lol.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Love the light scent this has but it does not linger long.
I do like it and it provides a light moisture to the skin but have no reason to repurchase.
Maybe during the summer months as a spritz to cool down?? or to add to any homemade skincare products but it can be a little pricey.
Right now I add this to my diy vit. c serum.