Rosewater

4.5

Vor-Mag Water (water that has been vortexed and magnetized to raise the energy to a higher vibration that we believe to be more beneficial) and Hydroessential Rose Oil.

I use Cortas rosewater on my face. I know it's supposed to be for baking, but whatever. This is a bottle format. I turn the bottle upside down to get a little bit on fingers and rub it on.

I don't usually need a moisturizer, but my skin will get a little dry if I don't use something. This is perfect. It doesn't make your skin instantly perfect, but if you use it continually there will be a large difference.

This reduces puffiness and redness around my eyes, moistens dry areas, clears up any acne, and brightens. It also reduces pores.

It balances skin perfectly. I seriously recommend that you try it :) plus if you hate it, you can make rosewater cookies

on 4/9/2015 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

[Purchased: 1]

Rosewater is a must in my daily face routine! I apply it both day and night right after I was my face. Afterwards, I do my daily face routine.

PROS:
- this is perfect for dry skin - make sure to use this immediately after washing your face when it is still a bit damp
- it will keep the flakes away
- smells great
- a bottle lasts a good amount of time

CONS:
-none.

on 12/20/2014 2:37:00 AM

I love this!! It has cleared up my acne like nothing else has in 10 years.

My routine now:
AM rinse with water and apply rosewater
PM rinse with AHA cleanser and apply rosewater.

Rosewater is key!

I'm in remote Australia and started off by purchasing from iherb.com. I got the Heritage Rosewater & Glycerin. It was fab but I have combination skin (normal cheeks and oiler t zone) and the glycerin made my t zone look shiny.

Ordering from iherb it took a couple of weeks to arrive. I ordered some more but thought I might run out before more arrived. I found some on the Australian website saison.com.au however it was the gourmet version at AUD19.95 and AUD10 shipping.

I was food shopping in a town an hour a way when I dropped into the chemist and asked if they sold rosewater. The chemist said he would make some for me! Score! It came in a nice chemist style glass bottle and I could choose the size. I got 200ml for AUD5.50. I tried it on my skin and I've found it moisturising, reduces all redness and keeps my skin clear.

Next time I'm in town I'll get 500ml just to stock up. Or maybe use more as a hair rinse and lingerie wash. I'm an addict!

I recommend Australians ask around for a chemist who will make you some as this seems the most inexpensive way to purchase. Not all chemists will, though.

UPDATE 12/02: The Rosewater toner without glycerine ended up breaking me out in little bumps. The one with glycerine made my t zone oily. I still believe in a simple routine and am currently using KenKay Aqueous Cream Cleanser and that's all. It is a soap replacement that doesn't break me out!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this stuff!

It smells so nice and it relieves tight dry skin. Im a sensitive acne-prone gal and this helps calm my skin. I still feel like i need a moisturizer after. I've tried to spray a lot in place of using a moisturizer and it made my skin really tacky... so won't be doing that again lol.

on 9/10/2014 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Love the light scent this has but other than softening my skin it does nothing else.
I do like it but have no reason to repurchase.
I may use this during the summer months as a spritz to cool down?? Or for powder foundation but I am not sure since it really is not needed.

i get my rosewater from mountainroseherbs.com to use as a toner. it smells great. I am going to try witch hazel next. this one is non-drying and witch hazel will be a little more drying for my oily t-zone

on 7/1/2014 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I use this as a toner after I wash off all my makeup, or a setting spray before I apply my makeup. It feels so soothing and refreshing, and the smell is amazing and relaxing. The best part is, it's all natural. It can be found at most health food stores such as Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. I picked mine up for about $7-$8. My bottle is more than half used up, and I can see myself repurchasing sometime in the future.

on 6/27/2014 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using rose water as a facial toner for as long as I can remember! I purchase it in glass bottles (250mL) from mediterranean/arabic shops (there are so many in London, Ontario!) for around $2-3 a bottle. One bottle can last me about one to two months (longer in the winter).

It comes in a clear glass bottle so I have to empty it into an atomizer. I keep my rose water in the fridge so that it is nice and cool and refreshing. It's amazing to spray on during a hot or humid day when you need a little bit of a cooling sensation, and it doesn't budge my makeup! It's never made my mascara or eyeliner run and I SOAK my face with 10-15 good spritzes when it's really hot.

I have tried some brands of rose water that are specifically for use as a "toner" but they never really were the same quality as the rose water I purchase from these little shops here and there, plus they were usually coloured pink and had a fake smell to them. The rose water I buy is crystal clear and smells just like a fresh bed of roses (leaves me smelling like one too!) which is why I love using it over not-so-good smelling foundations.

Overall, rose water seems to be the best ultra-gentle facial toner and I think it's great for use on all skin types (my sister, my mom and I all use it and we all have different skin types). It has a beautiful scent, and it's very affordable! 5/5

on 6/9/2014 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have the Heritage Rose Petals Rosewater, which comes in a 8 oz plastic spray bottle for about $7.00 dollars at many health food stores. Personally, I don't think rosewater, by itself, is astringent enough to be used as a toner. However, it's lovely to use after witch hazel as a sort or very light weight moisturizer. It's also good to lightly mist over makeup if it looks too powdery. I also like to use this as a natural room spray.

on 5/2/2014 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Smells nice, refreshing if kept in the fridge.. but makes my face break out in small bumps all over, even where I normally do not get pimples. :( Have a Sudocrem mask on right now so my skin will calm the f*** down.