April 16, 2014 | 1560 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Fructis Fiber Gum Putty

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by tiaracymone

I am African American and I use this for smoothing my edges so I don't have to use heat while wearing my hair straight .Im not sure the intended purpose but that's what I use if for it has good hold on my natural curls as well

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by YanyCosmetics

I was told that this product is good fro holding styles and curls. It may hold but it makes the hair so heavy and sticky. And I wanted to hold my natural curls which turned out to be a natural disaster. Not for me but maybe for someone who wants to mold a Mohawk.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't use this product for anything too exciting but it still is useful nonetheless. =p I mostly use it for just a dab to help style any bits of hair I need help with and it does a good job of keeping them there. I should try to play around with it some more to see what other styles it's capable of but I haven't found the confidence to so do yet haha.Either way it's a cheap enough item and there's lots you can do with it so I think it's worth buying. I probably wouldn't repurchase however cause I may never run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Pixiesweet

I have curly medium length hair and i use this to control the curls and make them frizz free. After i get out of the shower i do my hair routine and then when i am done i take a little and smooth down the fly aways at the roots and take a little more and twist some of the top layer of curls then scrunch the rest of the product into the shaft of the hair and when my hair drys its frizz free and controled. Any ways the product is a little sticky but when it drys it is not any more and you have to wipe your hands off before you skrew the lid back on. But I recomend this to anyone with any type of hair wither it be for frizz, styling, or just want some control for your hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 9:56:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Little def goes a long way!! When I have a frizzy hair day, I grab this to help control my hair along my hairline! Smells great. I still have my bottle from a year ago and im not even halfway done yet.

Def will repurchase! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 8:18:00 AM More reviews by boadicea23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I lost a lot of hair after my 2nd pregnancy and it grew back! However, in this growing out phase, I ended up with a lot of little hairs on my hairline that stood straight up! I needed something to plaster them down. This totally did the trick. I like it because it doesn't make my hair greasy (I have to be careful with a lot of hair products for this reason) I'm very pleased with its performance as well as it's non-oily qualities.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by kelley76

I use this everyday for my boys hair.I've tried a lot of other products & this is the only one that holds their hair well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 5:07:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

I have really short hair, think Rihanna when she has her hair super short, but with layers and such. I use this almost every day. This an hairspray is all I need for my hair. The way I apply this is I scoop out a nickle size amount and rub it between my fingers (directions say doing so will invigorate the fibers) and that is enough for my whole head. Most of the time, I would mist some water into my hair first, making it slightly damp and that really helps make application extremely effortless and it allows you to use less product. I then spread it into the hair evenly, and once I get it into the desired shape, I will set it with my Treseme fine mist spray. The result is hold and light texture without any hardness, it is a very natural hold.

If I want a lot of texture, like noticeable spikes and such, I just need to add more product that I normally need for a natural hold. I don't wash my hair everyday and when I sleep with this product in the hair, I can spritz water in the hair the next day and it would reinvigorate the product so I can reshape it without having to add more product in the hair. In fact, you can spritz water in it at any point in the day and rework the product.

This is just an amazing product if you have short hair and need hold an texture, and it is so easy to control the effect, from natural to hard spikes. I think the negative review of this product sticking all the hair together or leaving residue is probably due to improper application. I have black hair and I have left this in the hair regularly for two to three days and I have not gotten residue, but I always wash it off after that just because it is styling product sitting in your hair after all. I would imagine that if you got mid to long hair, you should definitely spritz water into the hair first so you can distribute it evenly don't end up using too much product. Me and my boyfriend only use this and hairspray almost everyday. And I found this comparable to the Paul Mitchell gel wax that comes in the tube. I has the exact same effect in my hair but this stuff is 3 bucks a tub at Walmart.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by boomtownrat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For the sake of reference, my hair is slightly wavy and sort of medium-coarse due to lots of silver. I've used Garnier Fructis Fiber Gum Putty on a pixie cut, shoulder-length and everything in between. It works best for me when I use it sparingly to define ends or pieces, not as an all-over product. The texture and definition I get from it have been hard for me to find with most drugstore brands. I think it's a great value.

Heavy fragrance often bothers me, but I love the way this stuff smells and wouldn't mind if it were to linger more. As an unexpected bonus, I enjoy the packaging: scooping it out of the bright green jar is just fun.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2010 3:09:00 PM More reviews by jillbarry

I have a short haircut and very thick hair. This product works as well as any salon brand. Plus it's under $5. My hair looks good all day and doesn't feel gunky.