September 17, 2014 | 1301 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Hazmat Matte Eyeshadow Threesome Trio

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2008 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Intermission

this is a wonderful threesome!

you can really get a nice pin-up look with the three of them and they mix well with MACshadows colors, the colore are not chalky and the payof is great..the white one goes with about every color as a matte highlight or blending color, the cream one is the same really, and the dark brown one is great for a crease or shadowy effect.

i got this one at tjmaxx for a great deal! i wish they had then in more colors other then the black and white one... well im actually not sure if they still make them at all?
but if you can get your hands on it deff get it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2005 1:56:00 PM More reviews by sharopooks

I love matte brown shadows on me (GGG/MMM) and don't really wear supershimmer much so I saw these shadows as a way to obtain more great brown shadows whilst trying out UD's shadows for the first time. Love the velvety texture and super-pigmentation, this goes on so smoothly. I have to agree with previous posters that the two light shades are very light and too similar. I can only use the lightest, whitish shade on my browbone (too light as a lid wash). For a lid wash, as another poster suggested, mixing all three colors is great, makes a pretty light brown/latte/taupe. Due to my tan complexion, I have no problems with the darkest brown being too dark, it's lovely on me. I wasn't too initially thrilled that the shadows are all in one pan, not separated, but hey, it makes for easier blending. Overall, I'm really pleased with this nice, basic trio and I'm surprised to read the review below saying these are being discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2005 5:49:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Iíve always been a shimmery eyeshadow gal, because in the past, Iíve found matte shadows Ė drugstore and high-end to be generally less pigmented, more difficult to blend, and just plain chalky. However, this trio is actually quite surprisingly nice. The colors actually do possess decent pigmentation and apply evenly and blend without too much of a struggle. I am a bit disappointed that the two lighter shades show up a bit similarly on me. And these eyeshadows are especially prone to shattering. The first time I ever carried this trio around in my make up bag, a tiny sliver flaked off. Another annoyance is the placement of the different colors side by side, without any separator, so it can get fairly messing if you employ upon bigger, fluffier brushes. I donít know if this would be worth the $22 it originally priced for, but itís being discontinued so itís been spotted elsewhere for noticeably less. Pick it up while you can. Great convenient product for matte eyeshadow newbies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2005 8:08:00 AM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I succumbed to my temptation at TJ's,heck,it was $4...The best thing about this trio is that I finally have a light eye look to balance out a brighter lipstick,so if I wanted to do a red(still haven't the guts,but maybe someday)I could.Packaging reminds me a little of TLeClerc with an edge.Cute!UPDATE~Wore this to the ocean the other day and it stayed put and looked perfect ALL DAY.I was amazed!Don't hesitate to scoop up this gem!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2005 5:30:00 PM More reviews by pinklikecandy

This is a great compact for a neutral eye shadow look. The texture is very satiny and easy to blend. However, like the previous reviewers, the lightest shade is too light for me; I am not able to use it as a wash. But the other colors are much easier to wear. In fact, I can use the darkest color to fill in my brows. I'm especially pleased with this product as I purchased it from Marshall's for $4 and I would certainly purchase this again. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2005 1:03:00 PM More reviews by arienette9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked up this eyeshadow trio for 4 dollars at TJ Maxx. The three colors in it are a vanilla color, a light beige, and a medium brown color. I used the light biege on my lid and the medium brown in the crease. Although it says on the package that it is a matte shadow trio, the colors had a tiny bit of shimmer in them which was nice it made the shadows easier to apply and less chalky. Using just the trio over some MAC barve canvas paint gave me a nice soft neutral look. I was very pleased with this product for the price. I've heard there have been a lot of UD products popping up at TJ Maxx, so if you see this one it's a nice trio.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2005 7:51:00 PM More reviews by IlusionOrganica

Very pretty. I bought this trio because I already own the same stuff in Haze (shades of plum). It's a trio of matte shades of brown and tan that, as another reviewer says, is great for that whole "I'm not wearing makeup" look. I wear the middle tone all over my lid, the darker in the crease and as a liner, and the light close to my brow. It's like me but better. I'm sure you could probably get the same effect from a drugstore brand but I love the texture, the colors, and I admit it, I'm a sucker for the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2005 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Elizabeth99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

With a name like "hazmat," one would expect these colors to be edgy, and bordering on dangerous. Instead, I'm happy to say that for my purposes, they are not. I chose this natural beige/brown trio for my weekend daytime look - the "not wearing makeup" makeup. The shades blend really well and last all day, and the dark color works as a liner, especially when wet. I'm really fair so this trio works well with my coloring. The colors are in the neutral family, hedging a bit to the warm side. But no yellow. A new favorite for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2004 4:34:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am very thrilled with my Urban Decay Threesome Trio in Hazmat. The camel color is too light to use as a wash and the deep brown color is much too dark but circling around to get a mixture of all three colors I have been able to come up with a perfect color. The deep brown also makes a good eye liner or brow color. I like the handy small size of this product - perfect for my purse or travel.