August 29, 2014 | 1809 users online

Lip Treatments - La Roche Posay - ceralip

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by gandiko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in desperation because I got sunburnt-windchapped lips that got so bad that my usual lip balm didn't work. Well, this was quite expensive and it didn't work either. It feels, tastes and smells like vaseline tbh. As a barrier on your lips, this works great (I should have used this to avoid the windburn!) but for me, personally, this was utter rubbish as a treatment. It didn't sink in, it melted past my lips all over the place, it felt kind of waxy and dry after a while, it didn't soothe my lips and it most certainly didn't condition them.
I really regret buying this because for me it didn't do anything cheap ol' vaseline couldn't do for a heck of a lot less.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by cmf221

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a lip balm/cream/treatment junkie and have tried tons of products, from drugstore brands to very high end brands. Based on the positive reviews, I was very excited to try this. It is not at all moisturizing. It softens your lips for about 1 minute after you put it on, and then it disappears. I could find a much better product for $3 at the drugstore. No long term benefits whatsoever. I need to apply another product almost immediately. Not worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by BethB

I received this as a free gift with the purchase of an LRP sunscreen, and I really like it. It's emollient without being greasy and moisturizes beautifully. Its a bit too emollient for daytime, but makes a perfect night product. Very expensive, and I wouldn't buy it full price, but nice enough that I'll keep an eye out for a good promo.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by mWendie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was in in need of a lip care product that actually moisturizes the lips within instead of locking the moisture like petrolatum. This lip treatment was on promotion: buy two for one price, so I figured I should give it a try. It's not cheap even with such promotion (roughly $8 each with tax). I find that it does the trick of sinking in to the lips and moisturizes them, which is nice, but not life-changing for me. It is nice that I only need a little bit amount on my lips. The smell is not attracting to me but given the product features fragrance free, I know I can't complain on that. Overall, it's a good treatment from a trustworthy brand. But if you are not worrying about 'fragrance free' or 'paraben free' lip products, there are tons of other stuff out there for you to choose from. I would just complain that the regular price of it is too expensive so I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 1:14:00 AM More reviews by iheartmakeup01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

My favoriteeeeee lip treatment ever !! HG! Leaves my lips so smooth ! That's incredible. Plus you get a great amount of product for the price. Will repurchase for sure !

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by daisydaisys

Not a big fan. Heard loads of rave reviews and I generally really like La R-P. However, I found the smell really chemical-ly, and it tasted rather unpleasant. I didn't think it made any difference to my lips. I'm now trying to use it up and will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 6:59:00 AM More reviews by funnyblossom

Best lip product out there. If you are in Aus or NZ, check out Escentual.com for the best prices on La Roche and Avene. Very good consistency, sinks in and at night really helps lips (and area around them if you massage it in) remain soft. Great for artifcially heated environments and awesome soft nude lip for a simple makeup look - no tacky glossy shine nor goopy sticky balm like feel. I think this appeals to mature ladies (but I would definitely recommend it to males as well).

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by guitarheroine91

This product is very expensive. Usually around 15$ a tube. However at my local drugstore they had a buy one get one that was 14.00$ for two. At 7.00 a tube for something that works, I figured I'd give it a shot. I was very pleased to see that although it is called a lip "cream" it is not opaque, and therefore can be worn throughout the day. My lips are indeed soft and smooth after application, and stay that way even when I venture outside in the cold. The only time I need to reapply is when I've eaten or drank something. All in all, would repurchase if the BOGO deal was still on.

------------edit-----
This product just sat on top of my lips, and did not sink in for further moisture, so I reduced my lippies to three.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by bebemona

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT!
Awesome for a night time lip balm :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by patriciab1989

Love it. Thank you MUA and everyone who posts things on here - which is why I'm going to start doing the same. This is very useful!

Anyway, to the lip treatment!
It's GREAT! In contrast to many other lip balms I have used (which tend to feel waxy, like they just sit over your lips), Ceralip is like a gel-consistency that isn't oily, just...right.

My lips don't feel completely soft immediately, but they do as the product absorbs itself and my lips are left feeling smooth.

I have this bad habit of biting my lips, so my lips tend to be very chapped/peeling. This has been perfect for them! Strongly recommend :)
I love La Roche Posay and I have many face-products. This is my first lip product but it did not disappoint me at all.