This is my favorite Labello product, lovely smell, nice texture, lasts a long time and it's perfect for winter.
I have to be honest, I didn't like the original Labello at all.
I bought this.labello cos I had forgotten my usual lip balm and I am very pleasantly surprised. It really does hydrate my lips amd feels very nice on my lips as well.
I will defo repurchase.
* Product - Labello Pure & Natural Lait & Miel
* Review - My local parapharmacie was all out of stock of my favorite Nuxe RÍve de Miel in stick format so as I was looking around at the drugstore, I happened to come across this little suprise by Labello. Labello lip balms are very popular here in Europe, well-regarded for good quality affordable lip balms. Labello is owned by Beiersdorf, the same German company that makes the Original Nivea CrŤme made in Hamburg, Germany. I was especially drawn to the ďPure & NaturalĒ lip balm range since it contains no preservatives, no parabens, and is rich in antioxidants. And for the Lait & Miel (milk & honey) lip balm in particular, this contains certified organic shea butter and natural jojoba oil. I was also curious as to how it would compare to the Nuxe RÍve de Miel lip balm, my usual lip balm of choice. My thoughts as follows:
* Color: Labello is creamy yellow. Nuxe RÍve de Miel is creamy white. Both are completely opaque. Both apply transparently on the lips.
* Scent: Labello has a sweet honey with a touch of milk scent. Those who are very sensitive to scents might find this scent too strong. The scent of the Nuxe RÍve de Miel is more delicate and is not as strong. And to my nose at least, the Nuxe RÍve de Miel smells more like orange or citrus blossoms with a touch of honey.
* Shape: Labello has a slightly rounded smooth tip. Nuxe RÍve de Miel has a smooth slanted tip (similar to that of a traditional lipstick).
* Texture: Labello is smooth and leaves a slightly shiny finish. Nuxe RÍve de Miel is smooth and leaves more of a matte finish.
* Moisturizing: Both are moisturizing and feel comfortably creamy on the lips, gliding on smoothly. Thereís no waxiness, tackiness or stickiness whatsoever here. This feels very emollient on my lips, without feeling greasy or gross. I also noticed that I don't have to swipe as much of it on my lips or use as much product as I do usually with the Nuxe RÍve de Miel.
* Net weight: Labello is 4.8g / 5.5 ml. Nuxe RÍve de Miel is 4g / 0.14 oz.
* Price: Labello costs around 3 Ä (supermarket, drugstore). Nuxe RÍve de Miel costs around 6 Ä (pharmacie, parapharmacie).
* Composition: Octyldodecanol, cera microcristallina, hydrogenated polydecene, cetyl palmitate, ricinus communis oil, polyisobutene, pentaerythrityl tetraisostearate, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, myristyl myristate, c20-40 alkyl stearate, cetearyl alcohol, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, butyrospermum parkii butter, cera carnauba, glycerin, simmondsia chinensis oil, tocopheryl acetate, cera alba, mel, sine adipe lac, vitis vinifera seed oil, aqua, maltodextrin, neohesperidin dihydrochalcone, bht, linalool,benzyl salicylate, parfum, Cl 77492. 100% sans conservateur, sans paraben.
* Verdict - This is a very nice lip balm and it feels great on my lips. For me, it performs just as well as the Nuxe RÍve de Miel and at a slightly lower price point (for slightly more product), I feel that it's good value for my money. And since Iím a big fan of milk and honey, the scent of this appeals to me very much. Personally, I find the scent to be really divine. Now, I'm keen on trying out the other varieties in Labelloís Pure & Natural range: the Camomile & Calendula, Mint & Mineral, and Olive & Citron. Overall, Iím very pleased with this drugstore discovery, I will definitely repurchase.
So far so good, just bought it today. Love that it has natural ingredients and doesn't taste too bad (other lip balms I have taste bad when I eat with them on). The one I brought with me is awful here (on vacation in the middle east) even though it worked fine at home in the US, so I had to get a new one. Will edit later if I change my mind but I like it so far. =)
Edit- I find now that it smells like baby powder, very strongly too, lol. Take off one lippie for that. But would probably repurchase because of the effectiveness alone, makes my lips softer without being sticky/greasy and my lips continue to stay soft even after it wears off. I use other scents on top of this one so I smell them instead, but still have the effectiveness of the honey/milk one, lol.
this is up there with the very best of lip conditioners. put it on before you go to bed and you will never have dry lips. i also put this on my cuticles. perfect
This is my favourite lip balm of all times :-)
It's really heavy duty, much more effective than the standard Labello. It's my go-to lip balm for winter when my lips are especially dry and sensitive. I love everything honey, so the smell makes this extra pleasurable to use.
When I use this underneath a lipstick, I usually let it sink in for a while and then blot my lips gently before putting the lipstick on.
Because the lip balm is so effective, I only need a very thin layer of this, which is why one tube lasts me ages.
I'll definitely repurchase when I run out.
I'm not a huge fan of Labello, especially not the "classic" one, but I really like this one. It's really softs and helps moisturize your lips. Definitely worth buying. And I already bought a second one so, yes i would buy this product again.
love it! super moisturizing, smooth and smells nice
I love Labello -- it's so smoothing and hydrating! While I do not like the scent of Milk & Honey as much as the others, it's not because it is a bad flavor -- I just do not find honey appealing. Still, like all of the Labello balms I have tried, it does an excellent job of keeping lips hydrated and protected. Would definitely repurchase! continued >>
Love this lipbalm. All of the Labello products are great, but this one tastes so good!