October 20, 2014 | 890 users online

Eye Primer - Lancome - Ombre Perfecteur (Perfecting EyeShadow Base)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by struckanerve88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is pretty expensive only 0.08oz for about 25 bucks. (I have a sample lorac behind the scenes primer, and it has 0.17oz, and that is just the sample ) that It is a lot more expensive than other primers out there but I really like the consistency. I have dry skin but super oily eyelids and other primers don't work for me. I also like how it isn't sticky. Other primers I've used (smashbox photofinish, lorac behind the scenes ) were good but creased a little and didn't dry smooth. The smoothness of this primer makes it a lot easier to blend. It also doesn't give my thin eyelids a cakey or elephant look. If you have mature eyelids or are like me, young but have very crepey eyelids you should try it. I'm hoping to find something cheaper but for now this will have to do.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by emkazicstan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hated this primer. It creased on me and made my eyelids sooo red. Plus, lancome tests on animals, which I recently found out so this product is horrible.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by sweetestpea80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can confirm this is waterproof. I have had this for about 6 mos. and rarely reached for it as I'm not much of an eyeshadow primer fan. I like quick, multi-purpose makeup and this is a step I don't like to mess with. I didn't like how the Ombre Perfecteur applied (you can't just swab it from the applicator because it doesn't blend good and is too scratchy for your lids) and was too lazy to use it with a brush or my finger (yuck). Anyway, this morning I was swatching several similar eyeshadow shades on the back of my hand and was getting some fallout from them so I wanted to see what they looked like on top of an eye primer. This was the only eye primer I actually had on hand at the moment so I swatched it and put the shadows over it. All was fine until I tried to wash all my shadow swatches off the back of my hand and realized the Ombre Perfecteur would not come off. I scrubbed forcefully with my thumb for at least an entire minute and it would not come off and water was repelling off of it. Then I pumped face cleanser on it and it instantly dissolved. This tells me two things. 1) it is extremely waterproof and should stay put in water or humidity and 2) it wouldn't be difficult to wash off at night. Yep, I'm going to start wearing this every day as a base to my oily eye lids, however I will be applying it with a concealer brush instead of the awful applicator. The clicking of the container doesn't bother me in the least. 2-3 click and there is more than enough product to coat my lids. However, you cannot see how much product is remaining so if you buy this and like it, I would suggest you have a spare on hand lest you want to be inconvenienced by an emergency trip to the nearest Lancome counter.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Socotroca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an "ok" eye primer. I find it gives me a good 5 hours before I start to see a bit of creasing towards the inner third of my lid. UD Primer Potion and TF Shadow Insurance last longer. I'm also not a fan of the click mechanism for applicator. You can click forever and nothing comes out. I find I have to gently squeeze the sponge tip applicator to get the product out. The one thing I do like about it is how it looks once it sets. It goes to a sort of powdery finish and covers discolorations on the eyelids well. At $23 not too cheap and I will not repurchase considering the before-mentioned primers work better for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2010 3:40:00 PM More reviews by LoveKatieLea

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Dang....I'm so sad about this. I was so excited about it, hearing it was better than UDPP. It's not. I was wearing a black eyeshadow look for an Alice and Wonderland party, and in less than two hours is was so creased. All of the shadow on my lid migrated into creases. When my eyes were opened, it looked okay, but if I closed it, my eyeshadow looked like I drew zebra stipes. For $23 dollars and very little product, I'm returning it. Also, the packaging is not good. The click pen idea is a time waster, It takes me a few dozed clicks to get it to come out, and it explodes in the cap. I am very disappointed with this product :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 6:56:00 PM More reviews by lina08

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Excellent product as long as you are careful with application - too much can look cakey on close inspection. I have extremely oily eyelids and my shadow will usually last all day without creasing. I'll try other brands (only when Lancome's sold out) and so far this is the best.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2009 6:25:00 PM More reviews by mel1804

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the best eyeshadow base I've ever tried and I highly recommend it. It stays on all day and doesn't crease. Although, you do have to use quality eyeshadow. It does bring out color if you use top quality eyeshadow.

I have oily eyelids and all my eyeshadows used to crease but with this product, they stay all day and look very nice, even at the end of the day. It is expensive but a little goes a long way.

The only con would probably be the applicator. I bought it on Ebay and it didn't come with instructions, so I didn't know how to use it. It can look a little “cakey” if you put on too much. Also, the color was a little light for me and I'd like it better if it came in different colors.

Overall, it is a great product and it is worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2009 12:09:00 AM More reviews by xonthis

This was my first eye shadow base :D
It works fairly well most days.
But its unreliable on me.
I definitely wouldn't wear it out to the club
or when I don't have time for touch ups.
Humidity/hotness combined with certain eye products
and it starts to crease during the middle of the day.
If I don't go outdoors at all, it might last for up to fifteen hours.
I guess it depends on where you live and the weather.

The packaging could use some work.
It drips or something and gets all over the cap insides.
Storing it up right and without any excess on the sponge helps a bit.
You must twist the bottom to get the product out..
But it's high recommended to use a brush,
it tends to come out after a random few twists.

More works better than less.
It doesn't make the color "pop".

It's 0.08oz/2.2grams for about 23$
ehhhm five containers to equal one TF/UDPP.

It's the only Lancome product I ever buy,
because sometimes I don't feel like paying for shipping and waiting over a week for TF in the mail.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2009 3:19:00 AM More reviews by LotusBlossom34

I finally found the perfect eyeshadow base! I have really oily eyelids...and I mean really oily, I need a blotting paper to blot out the oilslick so I rarely wear eyeshadow, especially cream shadows cause they just crease and slide off or cause a big gunk in my crease. However with this perfect eyeshadow base I can even wear loose eyeshadow and it stays so well and my eyelids are so smooth with it on! I work all day and had eyeshadow on the whole day and it didn't even start to crease until after 12 hours, and even then it was just the slightest crease...my eyeshadow looked fresh and radiant all day. I have been searching forever for all sorts of eyeshadow bases and spent a fortune in the meantime and have finally found the one!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2009 4:11:00 PM More reviews by starrybright

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product does a great job of keeping eyeshadow perfect from morning until evening. The packaging is kind of strange. The product dispenses from a sponge tipped applicator and it is very easy to apply too much when results in a cakey look. I use a concealer brush to apply and it works much better. Great product!!!