October 26, 2014 | 891 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Velvet - Black Tied

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Leeopeth444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Me favorite eyeshadow for smokey eye! Really like to add coopering in the crease with it. Make my blue/grey eyes pop! It blends great but doesn't last that long on me. Maybe I should put a primer instead of the mac vanilla eyeshadow.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by missvengeance

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wasn't floored by this color at all.
It has way too chunky glitter in it and I find it difficult to blend.
The only way I use it is wet as a liner over smolder.
Not special enough for me to buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by Devildog4025

This is the eyeshadow that I cannot live without. I layer this over EVERYTHING. It lasts long and is easy to apply. I never use it by itself, so I can't say much whether it creases or not... but what I do know is that I can't live without it (I tried, didn't work so well).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 5:00:00 AM More reviews by Asti1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't have Carbon to compare it too, but I know for sure that I really like Black Tied. It's very black IMO, it's my go to shadow for darkening my outer V.
****TIP**** If you want the sparkles to show up, then make sure you have a damp brush. I find the best way to do this is to load up the brush with shadow, then use a squirt of fix + onto the loaded up brush. This stops the shadow pan getting gloopey and ruined. I'm sure water in a spray bottle would work just as well. X

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by LishWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have black tied and carbon. Black tied has sliver flecks of glitter that runs though the product, only problem is; if your buying it for the glitter don't, and it falls off or doesn't even make it on to your lids, which isn't a problem for me, but would be if I spent 13 for a eyeshadow that contains glitter for the glitter that doesn't stay on. It's not as black as carbon, but works if you want to soft black eyeliner and make it less harsh. You can also do thins with carbon, just use less product....so in short I would buy carbon if your not to sure which one to go for, and get some glitter separately to push on top of carbon

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by LindsayRoseEliz

I love Black Tied! It's incredible to create a smokey eye or just to use as a liner. It's got beautiful, fine silvery glitter in it, which (miracle alert!) doesn't end up all over my cheeks.

I will say that Black Tied seems to have a sort of top layer that you need to break through before it becomes really pigmented. I've noticed that on many velvet formulations from Mac. Before you break through that initial layer, the eyeshadow goes on much better using a tacky (as in sticky) base, especially a black one.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by ochoseis

You can think this is gonna be black, because of the name, but is not black, it is dark ashy gray with glitter chunks that fall out. It doesn't work for smokey eyes, is too sheer. It doesn't work as eyeliner becaus it fades quickly. It doesn't work as a crease color or because the glitter is too chunky... and it has a lot of fall out. If you're looking to get the color in the pan, I suggest you get Wet n Wild color icon palette in Lust, it has a deep grey/black with small glitter, mostly black that can double as an eyeliner if wet.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by elyse34

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Black tied is a very dark grey with glitter in it. I bought it to use as an eyeliner and it really isn't dark enough to use as a liner. It goes on grayer than it appears and is fairly translucent. It doesn't have the versatility I would want from a shadow and doesn't really reflect the color it appears to be.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by kpennock

All I can say is BEST EYELINER COLOR EVER...i use it as an eyeliner vs an eyeshadow for a softer smokey look and it is amazing. It has a lil shimmer, a lil smokey look, not too black not gray...It is my favorite...

I have already bought it twice and am about to buy a third one

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 5:21:00 PM More reviews by KatieFMakeup

Black Tied is such a pretty colour to look at. I find it's more black than Carbon, it just has glitter in it which makes it so pretty! I find i never get a really glittery effect but i don't really care i use it when Carbon has reached it's darkness level if i want a really dark smokey eye. If i wanted the sparkle i'd probably just use a creamy black base and put Black Tied over to intensify the glitters! <3<3