Smashbox Lash Primer

3.4

niacinamide, green tea leaf extract

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

It's ok. It does add some volume and length. My issue with it is that it can actually clump and it stuck your lashes together. I have to get another primer that has a comb and comb through my lashes. It can be a real hassle. I don't know if I would buy it again.

on 4/10/2015 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I wish we could write "general" / "overall" reviews.
Regarding lash/mascara primers, they DO work and well! My one concern is that directions for use say to apply and then apply mascara within 30 seconds. I have tested this many times with different brands and I highly recommend that you apply the primer, apply all of your makeup, do your hair...THEN apply the mascara. I swear that people think that I am wearing false lashes! I wish I could post a pic! For extra effect, after the primer dries, apply more, let it dry THEN apply the mascara!
Any brand!

on 11/8/2014 10:52:00 AM

Really makes lashes appear longer. Use sparingly for everyday or double coat for dramatic evening wear

on 8/13/2014 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I very much liked this primer, even better than the Lancome version. It really makes a difference with my lashes. It makes them a little more defined, smooth, and a minimizes small clumps when applying mascara. I only gave it four stars rather than five because the brush somewhat sticks the lashes together. Therefore, I use it with an independent silicone lash brush, the ones that have tiny silicone bristles, to keep my lashes completely separated. Aside from that, I think it is well-worth the investment. Also, I tried it with the Younique mascara and I think the mascara looked better than when I applied regular mascara underneath the Younique one (which is what the instructions say to do). It also works great under the MAC Studio Fix mascara.

on 6/11/2014 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received this as a gift and initially really liked it because it really did give my lashes noticeable length and volume. I also love that I am able to use it underneath any mascara (it works well under my BareMinerals Lash Domination in particular).
However, I've had to discontinue using this lash primer because I am pretty sure it gave me styes on my eyelids. I literally had three painful itchy bumps on one eye and two on the other, and this was the only thing I've used different.
If you decide to use this I would recommend making sure you try to keep it off the skin of your eyelids and thoroughly take all of it off before bed...

on 1/6/2014 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is good stuff but it went bad quickly. I am looking for a new one currently that is cheaper. This primer really does what it says and seems to makes my lashes longer and fuller and resemble false lashes.

on 7/20/2013 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this primer hoping to find a cheaper alternative to my favorite mascara primer (Lancome Cils XL) and this one just fell 100% short. Your mascara doesn't even have a chance of looking smooth with this primer. It applies clumpy and doesn't even compare to the amazing Lancome product. Pass on this.

on 11/21/2012 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

AWESOME!
Grew my lashes and works amazing, I cannot wear mascara without this now. It really helps to not have mascara get really hard on your lashes and the mascara comes off easy, acts as a protecting layer. Lashes don't break when taking mascara off. Also enhances the mascara.

on 6/1/2012 10:11:00 AM

This product works pretty well, but it is a pain to use. If I can get a nice, even application, it adds lots of volume and makes my mascara last a long time. It also really helps curl hold well. But it dispenses in a way that makes lashes look funky and clumpy, and it leaves lashes very sticky once it is applied, so it makes mascara more challenging to apply. So, after curling I need to apply it, then comb out my lashes to un-clump them (which results in lots of wasted product stuck to my comb), then apply mascara *very carefully* so as to avoid re-clumping them, then wash my lash comb and wait for everything to dry out. This makes the product too much of a hassle for frequent use...I only turn to it on special occasions, and to me it isn't worth keeping around just for that.

on 3/21/2012 12:05:00 AM

Ok, but Estee Lauder is way better. The brush is cheap, but the product lasts a long time. If you do not put your mascara on as soon as it dries, it will ball/flake off. I really like the clear tube so I can see how much product is in the tube.

Top Rated Smashbox Products