October 25, 2014 | 1702 users online

Skincare - Face - Mary Kay - Blemish Control Toner

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by jdublew

I have acne prone skin and this product works for me sometimes and sometimes it just makes my skin produce more oil. I definitely don't use this every day. For some reason this is no longer on sale in the UK so will see if my skin will miss it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by indemake

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Even if you have oily skin, forget this product. It will dry out and irritate your skin so much, that your face will produce more oil to compensate.

If you are loyal to the MK brand, try their Hydrating Freshner 1 instead (yes, MK states made for dry skin, but works better I think for oily skin as it does not trigger over production of oily). If you are using an oil control cleanser and moisturizer, there is no need for this Blemish control toner that just irritates and drys way to much. And this is coming from someone with super oily skin.

If you are not loyal to the MK brand, I personally like the 100% Pure band Jasmine Green Tea Tonique.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2011 2:19:00 AM More reviews by curlyjo1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

IRRITATING!!! Alcohol a go-go! Hugely irritating. It reeks of alcohol. There are so many other blemish control toners on the market that are soothing and effective and have BHA's in them that this is an embarrassment. Very 1980's. Paula's Choice or Proactive or Clinique (Toner 2? I think) Forget this stuff. Total Crap.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2011 4:13:00 AM More reviews by wrenn28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought my first bottle last November 2010 out of desperation and I have to say, it was one of the best impulsive buys I ever did. I used to have like, ginormous acne and pus-filled pimples around my jaw and cheeks and this product really worked miracles on my skin. It also helped reduced oiliness and blackheads on my nose without overdrying. But mind you, it stings a lot specially on new zits. I also don't recommend this to be used like a toner. Just a few small dabs over the affected areas would do since it dries up pimples pretty fast but it tends to cause overdrying of unaffected areas surrounding the pimples. I've already recommended this product to my sisters, cousins and friends and I'm glad that they've all been very grateful. I'd buy this product over and over and over again. ^^

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2009 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Heebz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great toner if you are acne prone. I have tried proactiv. My face turned bright red and was very dry. My skin is sensitive so I have stopped using all those systems they advetise. This is by far the gentlist acne medicated skin toner on the market. People tend to overlook Mary Kay but me being a skin care freak, have tried everything. This is great to use at night before bed. It makes me skin soft, silky and clear. My face does not turn red with this toner at all!! This is a staple in my skin care routine. ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2009 5:04:00 PM More reviews by cicilykong

Back in junior high, I had intense acne on my t-zone. I had 15-20 full sized zits on my face at once, the redness & oiliness was out of control! Using this toner (along with the entire system that came along with it) my face became very dry at first - but completely turned my skin around after breaking into the product for 2 weeks. Promise, this was the product that turned my life around! It may take more than 2 weeks for you to see results, but I've heard that it takes our bodies around 30 days to get use to a product. So don't give up.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2007 10:11:00 AM More reviews by kimriddle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just recently started using the Mary Kay Blemish Control Toner #3. It is great. I have extremely oily skin. The worst! I also since being in my 30's have developed adult acne. The Mary Kay #3 line is great for all of this. I start with the cleanser, then toner, then the oil control lotion. The whole "system" has really helped keep my skin less oily during the day. The only thing negative I can say about this toner is it does NOT smell very good, but it's not bad enough for me to quit using it. All of these are great for sensitive skin which is important to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2004 1:24:00 AM More reviews by luckystar131

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have dry skin and normally not acne prone, but my skin broke out so I tried this. It definitely dried up my acne, but I had to use extra moisturization becuse this was so drying on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2004 7:52:00 PM More reviews by MarathonMom

This does have a lot of alcohol, so beware. It can sting! But once you've built up a tolerance for it, it really helps to control acne. I've been using this toner on and off for about 5 years. When I'm religious about using it every morning, and at least a couple nights a week, my skin does not break out. If I skip a few mornings, then I start to get hormonal acne right around my chin. It seems that as long as I have this product on hand, I am free to experiment with any cleanser, foundation, powder, moisturizer........ I can put anything on my face as long as I use this toner every morning. It's really worked well for my combination skin. Before I hit 30 I never broke out. This stuff has been saving me. I've experimented with other similar products but I haven't found anything else that works nearly as well for my skin. For the past year most of my skin care products are from Peter Thomas Roth with the exception of this toner from Mary Kay.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2004 9:22:00 AM More reviews by thesavagefamily

I love this toner. Like the other users, I am prone to breakouts and have combo/acne prone skin. I combine this with the Timewise line and have had great results. The key is only using it on the breakout prone areas. I was using is 2 times a day and found it too drying, so I only use in at night now. I keep 2 bottles on hand just in case I run out! This stuff works and is 100% refundable, so give it a try!