August 1, 2014 | 1245 users online

Lips - The Body Shop - born lippy watermelon lip balm

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by ThatGirlWithOmbreHair

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

These pots will last you forever and the watermelon smell lingers all the way through having it on. I can smell it from my lips and people around me have complimented me on it, it smells divine. Makes your lips subtlety shinny and super soft and kissable. Also tastes great too, for just £2 there is no down fall.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by faykath123

I just got this watermelon scented lip balm and it smells like artificial watermelon. Its way too sweet for me though i still like the smell but its quite overpowering. it reminds me of watermelon bubble gum. im still getting used to the smell. I would repurchase this product but in another smell because i don't stick to scents. I like exploring other scents.
Though if you like watermelon then you should definitely purchase this lip balm.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by NicoleTMY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do not use the lip balms or treatments from the Body Shop due to my not so good experience in their lip butters. However, I received this as a present and thought I would give it a go again. The packaging is really cute and simple ala Body Shop products. The colour of the lip balm seems like a pink lip gloss colour, so pretty! It did look as if it would give some colour when applied.

It smells like watermelon chap-stick when I gave it a whiff from the tub. When I applied into onto my lips, it goes on clear with a slight glossy sheen. Texture was waxy and lip-balmy. It was not very moisturizing to say the least. The watermelon-y scent lessens when applied to lips also.

Moreover, the product does not go on smooth onto my lips, which was annoying. The product seems stiff. But the more the product you use, it seems to get a little easier. It did not absorb into lips either. I felt that Smith's Rosebud Salve was leagues better than this, compared to that one, this product felt thick and it really does not soothe lips or moisturize them. For a lip balm junkie like me, I am very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by AYuKitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lip balm. it smells so amazing, a lot like watermelon candy, although a heads up, it doesn't taste very good. it's very moisturizing (even more than the body shop lip butters). I don't like having to put my fingers in the pot but i find that the pots work better than the stick versions. it lasts a very long time and it feels smooth on the lips, not sticky. i would buy this again, in fact i have repurchased this several times already.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by missligenza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My friend gave this to me as a gift because he knew I was an avid user of the strawberry version of this balm. I hated this balm. I mean, it has the same texture and packaging as the strawberry balm and it smelled great and all, but I hated how it lightened my lips. It looked so awkward! It was like I had sheer beige gloss on! It really was

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Sarah1325

This smells great and was hydrating compared to others I have reviewed.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Smilygirl008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this about 4 years ago and started using it 2 years ago. I love it, makes my lips soft and smells so good. The only thing I do not like is that if you overapply (it is so good that I need to) it looks horrible.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by FaithLPS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lip balm is one of my fav, cos im a big fan of WATERMELON! Its very moisturising and it smells awesome! its really hard to find watermelon scented lipbalm in SG and im glad that i found it in TBS. I feel the product itself is really awesome and i totally will repurchase it if i run out of it. Just that i will prefer if it comes with some SPF. You get a lot of product for a lip balm comparing to others. Im not a fan of the packaging, as it requires me to get my hands dirty but lucky i dont have long nails cos it will really be hard to get the product out. As i dont wanna use a lip brush i need to always sanitise my finger before applying which is a little troublesome. Overall, i love this product very much and its really moisturiser! thumbs up for the scent :)
Nett price in TBS is $8.90, which i feels its reasonable for 10ml of product :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Jgomez1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like the smell, packaging. I agree sanitation reason as well. It does hydrate but not as I thought it would. I have to reapply this product to get the smooth finish, Overall a 4/5 but will purchase once more.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by lipbalmaddict3764

I love this lip balm! I was @ the airport, and I realized that I had forgotten my lip balm (a shock for me- I am obsessed with lip balms, and I own like 5,000, so I always have 1) Anyway, I saw a Body Shop and decided to pick one up. O.M.G. Best balm ever! It is uber moisturizing, and feels silky smooth and glossy. It lasts very long for me, and everyone around me says "mmmm...watermelonzz...." For Christmas I am asking for the whole collection, and watermelon body butter. I will never use another lip balm again! One downside is that the pot is kind of annoying for ppl w/ long nails, but that isnt a prob for me cuz my nails are super short. It's kinda annoying having to wipe my finger off on my shirt, but it's ok cuz then I smell more watermelon! lol :p