November 27, 2014 | 1427 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers Quad - Urban Basics

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by bestscreennameever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have eyed this quad for years. The colors in the palette, cool neutrals, call to me. However, knowing Cover Girl typically has horrendous quality I have avoided it and talked myself out of buying it every time.

Until this past week. I caved after purchasing the Wet n Wild eyeshadow primer in their Fergie line (great primer, by the way). I had also seen some tutorials and looks online using this quad, so I thought, ok it's cheap, why not?

Well, I can say that the colors do show up better when using a primer. That's not saying much, though. As others have stated, the colors do not blend well, aren't very pigmented, and tend to just look muddy. The texture is chalky and the fallout is atrocious. The second lightest color is a pretty shimmery nude in the palette, but upon use you will simply have tons of glitter chunks on your eyes, cheeks, hands, bathroom counter, clothes, etc., from fallout. I look young for my age, but I am a mother of two small children. I don't do glitter! :)

Perhaps a younger teenage girl could get this to work using primer, Kleenex or an eye guard under the eyes when applying, etc. It simply doesn't seem worth the trouble to me. If anyone has duped the colors as they look in the palette (minus the glitter and better quality!) please send me a message. :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I have been rotating my makeup lately trying to use older stuff up and started using some of the Covergirl shadows. This is probably one of the worst quads I have ever encountered. This thing has NO pigmentation at all. One of the shades is just glitter. I hate this quad with a passion. The colors look so pretty in the package but once you try to use them, wow.

They looked muddy and chalky, and did not blend. What made me angrier than normal was that I had somewhere to go and I did my whole face and this just ruined it. I am so irritated with this quad and seriously am considering tossing it.

A huge waste of money and time. Mostly time because they are so cheap, but even then, I would never throw 3 bucks into something this crappy again. I got better pigmentation from 99 cent shadows.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by rainkiss10

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

If u wear the lightest eye makeup, just to hide the dark lids its good enough... But use an eye primer to intensify the color a bit.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 8:07:00 AM More reviews by 1017

In the pan these colors look gorgeous in the pan but that doesn't translate to your eyes. But there is no pigmentation and the second color in has big ol' glitter chuncks. I applied the purple shade and caked it on...you could barely tell there was anything on my eye. Oh well, I tried.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by mssarebare

I like this for everyday. it's a nice twist on neutrals with the purple. But don't expect the purple shade to be vibrant and extremely pigmented. It's a nice colour to pop in the crease for a little depth. The other colours are a bit shimmery but I can make it work. For the price I would give this a shot.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by habana

I bought these eyeshadows to try out a cooler neutral look since my everyday palette I use is mostly warm. Terrible. The second lightest color in this palette has so much chunky glitter and tons of fall out. At almost 40, I was horrified to see the glitter all over my face. I am happy with other eyeshadows from Cover Girl but this one was a huge miss.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by PinkIcing1

These eyeshadows are not really pigmented at all. I can hardly tell what colors I put on, and by the end of the day it looks like I didn't even apply eyeshadow, even when I use them with a primer!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2012 2:24:00 AM More reviews by jumbocrayons

Packaging - travel friendly, simple, not chunky

Price - really cheap, I got it for less than $5 at Target

Colors - looks really nice in the palette, I really wanted to try to taupe/purple-ish color

Pigmentation - HORRIBLE. I am sorry, but even for a drug store brand, the pigmentation is beyond disappointing. There are other drug store eyeshadow quads that are so much better.

I really wanted to like this palette because I liked the colors, but it doesn't even show up on my eyes at all, no matter how much I try to pack on. Even when I swatch it, it feels dry and chalky.

Overall, I would not buy this palette again. Waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Let's play a game. You say a word and I say the first word that comes to my head. Ready- Go! Mascara- lashes. Lipstick- red. Liner- eye. Cover Girl Eye Enhancers Quad in Urban Basics- SUCKISH. I was meandering through a store the other day (with a coupon for Covergirl eye products) and thought this would be an awesome quad to get, although I own tons of colors in this shade range already. I found the arrangement of these olors quite peculiar while I was in the store, but figured I could work it out somehow. Keep in mind that I have the new version of the quad- not the one pictured above. Also, I accidentally happened to drop the quad while I was in the store, causing the highlight color to shatter in one spot and the taupe to fracture. I HAD to buy it then, so I did, trying to keep hope alive. I swatched it and the colors looked good- but once it came to the test of actually wearing it, it completely failed. First off, the pigmentation is HORRIBLE. The lavender-grey on the left has no color, the taupe was okay but not that okay, the rose pink had only shimmer, and the off-white was actually TOO pigmented. It was the only okay color in that palette! The colors not only got eaten up by my brushes, they also refused to diffuse on my eye and decided to bunch up in my crease and stay there. It looked awful. They hardly showed up, but they still looked and felt awful! Please, please save yourself a good $6 and buy some other eyeshadows!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2012 7:11:00 AM More reviews by glossipgirl7

First off, letme say that hese colours would be gorgeous.
But they're not.
Let me clarify. They LOOK gorgeous. But the thing is the pink and the gray have NO PIGMENTATION (unless applied wet) and the pink has CHUNKS OF GLITTER. Yeah, I'm a teenage girl, but I prefer satin or shimmer shadows, not frost or glitter. The colour I like best is the brown, as it is shimmery, more pigmented and I like the colour.
The highlight is pretty, too, but I would prefer if it were less sparkly.
Overall, a meh product. Would not repurchase, due to the glitter and poor pigmentation of half of the shadows.