July 28, 2014 | 1785 users online

Shampoo - Bumble & Bumble - Sunday Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by pink_jasmine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I started using the Sunday Shampoo after my beloved Oscar Blandi Shampoo D'Alternanza was discontinued and I was on a quest to find a new clarifying shampoo. I do not love it as much, namely because it is not as gentle. It is very harsh and drying and tends to leave my hair feeling very matted and tangled prior to putting conditioner in. However, it is very effective. I use it every 1-2 weeks to remove styling product, chlorine and mineral build up from my hair. I have yet to find a non-discontinued clarifying shampoo that is both effective and gentle, so this remains my favorite for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 4:57:00 AM More reviews by Justagirl78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this two days ago due to my hair being lank, lifeless and greasy. I had just washed my hair and as I was blow drying it, it still felt and looked greasy. At the end of my tether, I had a search for clarifying shampoos and saw the reviews for this.

I was apprehensive as I have colour treated hair but anything was worth a try!

I bought it from Boots for £17 which isn't too expensive IMO as it's only used once a week. I used it last night and heeding reviews that say it dries out your hair, I did a deep conditioning mask afterwards and my hair is feeling luscious! It's seriously the best my hair has felt in a long time and I am so pleased that I made the purchase. Shiny, manageable and bouncy. My colleague this morning actually asked if I had gotten my hair done as it "looks a lot thicker".

I'll definitely consider re-purchasing this once it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by AnnieNYC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is BY FAR the best clarifying shampoo I've ever used. It is gentle, yet it gets my hair totally clean and SO easy to style. The sales associate at Sephora recommended it to me, and I'm so glad I tried it! I have fine hair, but a LOT of it, and it is shoulder length. It is very color processed, and for some reason my hair seems to hold onto product and get heavy rather easily. (I also over-do it on the products sometimes....I grew up in the 80s and never was able to stop with the hair products, ha ha). Anyway, when I use this my hair is SUPER easy to blow-dry, and so shiny it is ridiculous. I sometimes add a little of this to my usual shampoo (Kerastase Bain Satin) or I just use it straight. It does NOT affect or strip my color. I'm madly in love with this product.

EDIT: This works well, but has been stripping my dark hair color. Ugh.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This is a pretty good clarifying shampoo, and like its name suggests, I use it 1x/week to degunk my hair. My hair is a bit drier after I use this, but not terribly so, especially if followed up with a conditioner. It has the same scent as the B+B Thickening hair spray, but the scent doesn't linger. I don't think I'd repurchase because I don't really *need* a clarifying shampoo, since I don't use product that often, but it's nice to use every once in a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by hautepink85

Ok. So I'm going to rate it highly because, it does what it says-- and a really good job. It's not the products fault that I don't know how to read- and washed my color treated hair with it... and had it seriously remove my color!

I'm expecting that someone else may be similar to me LOL and not read the package. DO NOT USE THIS ON COLOR TREATED HAIR :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 3:17:00 AM More reviews by mell80

This is my HG clarifying shampoo. I have repurchased it many times and will continue to do so.

I use this once a week and it's fantastic. It does an amazing job of getting rid of all the grime and product buildup in my hair. My hair always feels sqeaky clean after using it. Yes, it is drying, but use a treatment after it and it shouldn't be a problem.

It's a bit expensive, but it lasts for ages. I bought mine in August last year and still have a bit over 1/4 left in it.

Please, give this a try. You won't be sorry.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by icallitbliss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have nothing bad to say about this shampoo! For those who are complaining about it drying their hair out, well it IS a clarifying shampoo! It says on the bottle to use just one a week. (hence, the name SUNDAY shampoo) And it does exactly what it says. You barely have to use any, just a tiny amount, and it gets rid of all build up/products/grime; it even somehow makes my hair even softer after I use it. Which is weird, cause most shampoos don't do that. Also, I do have highlights/color treated hair, but I don't mind using this on it. My hair is kinda blondeish red right now and I'm trying to get that to fade. Hopefully this will do the trick in that regard. Oh yeah, and I love the scent.

This is my first Bumble and Bumble product, and I am a very happy and satisfied customer. It's expensive, sure, but I don't mind paying high cost for products that actually help me look and feel my best. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 10:37:00 AM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is good for clarifying once in a while, but I would not recommend it for anyone with delicate hair or shedding issues. When I use this shampoo, there is hair everywhere..in the drain, on the floor, all over the brush. I think I would go bald if I used this even just once a week. Smells medicinal/ gender neutral. It costs around $20 for 8 ounces. I gave it to my husband, he thinks it's okay.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this shampoo! Does a fabulous job of clarifying. Can't use right now because of colored hair, but will definitely repurchase once I'm back to my natural color.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by domin007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is probably one of the best clarifying shampoos you can get. It gets rid of build up and product but doesn't get rid of the moisture. It's also a bit pricey but you only are supposed to use a dime-sized amount once a week or so and you don't have bad hair for a day just because you want to remove product. One thing, don't use it if you have color treated hair because it will get rid of a good chunk of your dye. Anyway, I recommend it.