November 23, 2014 | 1989 users online

Eyes - La Femme - Eyeshadows

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by sandracruz

Some shades are pigmented, some are below average.

Some are powdery, too much fall out.

Yes they blend well, lasts fairly good.

It's better than nyx shadows in my opinion for the same level of price.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaVictory

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not really a huge fan of these. They are very pigmented, and I don't mind the pastel colors, and rust and bronze are ok....but I just am not a fan. I was hoping it would be more shimmer and it just isn't, but for the price, I'd say that it is pretty good. I loved these when I first got them and ordered more....but I should have used the ones I had more to realize that I really don't like them all that much. The golds are awful, both gold and gold leaf...I was very disappointed, because gold is my favorite color for eye shadow.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by reesesilverstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I love these shadows almost as much as the blushes. They're smooth, easy to blend and don't fade on your lids. And the price? Who can complain about that! My preferred brand for neutrals and pastelles.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by spearmintstars

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Once I tried these pigmented soft shadows for $3.00, and you get a lot of product, it makes it very difficult to justify buying high-end for $15-24. These are a great deal, with a lot of colors choices. No wonder makeup artist love these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2011 1:45:00 AM More reviews by LaceyPorter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

FABULOUS!! More blendable and smoother than MAC but staying power is comparable. I don't need a primer with these. I am really happy with them except that most shades appear darker on my computer than they did in realy life maybe it's just my monitor.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2011 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Purple822

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

After 3 yrs, the colors that got the most use are Black and Lemon.
Regret colors:
Silver, Iridescdent Turquoise,Ir blue, Ir. white.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2010 2:34:00 AM More reviews by Jmacca

Okay so I found these little gems at a makeup supply store and I have to say that I am pretty impressed. They are made by the same manufacturer as Napoleon Perdis, only whack a Napoleon Perdis case around it and they go from being $7 AUS to $22 AUS.
I have to say that while I was creating a 12 colour palette, I tested a number of shadows that weren't very pigmented at all. The irridescent ones are the best as far as colour pay off goes.
I knocked one lippie off because while they are fantastic value, the colour choices aren't the greatest, and when I was testing shadows at the store, I tried some Numeric Proof colours and wished I had money to buy those instead. Otherwise I'm pretty pleased with the La Femme shadows I chose.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2010 7:22:00 AM More reviews by loverofmineralmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

O.K., it’s official, La Femme Cosmetics is one of my favorite lines of makeup; thus, it is a tie for first place with Ben Nye which I have loved and used for the last 15 years. I have the following La Femme Cosmetics Pressed Eyeshadows: Brown, Gray, Iridescent Brown, Iridescent Taupe, Plum, Purple and Silver (and I have written separate reviews on each eyeshadow). The pigmentation is good, silky/satiny texture, very blendable, has a decent color payoff with minimal fall out, and lasting power of the La Femme Cosmetics Pressed Eyeshadows rivals higher end eyeshadows. I truly understand why Professional Makeup Artists use La Femme Cosmetics eyeshadows as a mainstay in their makeup kits for they are truly the best value in makeup today as the previous reviewer already stated.

What I love the most about the La Femme Cosmetics eyeshadows is that they have a nice variety of basic eyeshadow colors in different shades and textures so IMHO there is no need to pay $15 for a brown eyeshadow when you get a similar quality product for significantly less -- thus, La Femme Cosmetics is wonderful option. I purchased all of my La Femme eyeshadows, as well as all the other La Femme Cosmetics products that I own, from MakeupMania.com and each 36mm pro-pan eyeshadow (they are same size as the Chantecaille, Mirenesse, Chanel, Estee Lauder, NARS, Urban Decay, Stila, Victoria Secret, Nix’ie Cosmetics and MAC pro pan eyeshadows) and costs only $2.50 each (and are also available in single pans for $3.00) - now that's a bargain.

Also, please allow me to share that all of Napoleon Pardis (NP) Cheek Colors Discs, Eyeshadows, Eye Liner Sealant, as well as NP's Sparkle Dusts, are indeed manufactured (and also sold) by La Femme Cosmetics for significantly less. Thus, if you are a NP admirer, you may want to check out La Femme Cosmetics -- some of the same products, at better prices.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Sarasotagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The best value in makeup today. Truly: Fantastic shadows at about $3 for a pan the size of other brands' blushes.

No, I'm not just squee-ing. I have four of the matte shadows (Nude, Taupe, Brown and Dark Brown), which I bought for a basic neutral eye palette. Nude is a basic ivory, balanced between warm and cool. Taupe is medium-light, balanced very well between gray and brown -- a true taupe. Brown is a light-medium warm golden brown -- it reminds me very much of Bobbi Brown Taupe (which is milk chocolate brown and way warmer than La Femme Taupe). Dark Brown is a neutral medium-dark brown -- not as dark as an espresso. I'm NC10, definitely warm-toned, and I use Nude as a highlight, Taupe as a lid color and Dark Brown in the crease very successfully. I will smudge some of the Brown in when I want to warm up the look. I think the trio I've named would work well for many undertones.

All four of my shadows are smooth, highly pigmented and very blendable. They are similar in quality to LORAC, my previous fave brand and superior, IMHO, to BB or MAC. They are soft, so swiping a brush across the pan will kick up some extra powder, but who cares about waste at this price? I can get very precise, saturated applications, as well as very light applications -- I don't find I have to work hard to get the look I want. Versatile, in other words.

I bought 36-mm pans from www.camerareadycosmetics.com to save myself the grief of depotting, but La Femme is available at other e-tailers, such as frendsbeautysupply.com, too. I put my pans in a Graftobian eight-well palette ($12 and looks a lot like the Chantecaille $48 one), displacing the Graftobian shadows I bought first for $8 each and have since, um, thrown out. The La Femme are orders of magnitude better. No wonder pros swear by them.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Meriel65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing the Plum eyeshadow. For $3, you get a large pot of powder shadow in a light, plastic container that has a screw on lid. I don't mind the packaging--plain and simple works for me. It isn't heavy and elegant, but the product itself is great. I have brown eyes and have wanted to venture out from neutral brown/gray shadows for a while. I love to wear purple, and bought Plum and Purple shadows (see my separate review for Purple: Great!). I found that I do not like Plum on my eyes as a shadow: I felt it was too much on the pink side and I could not get past the feeling that I looked like I had allergies or a cold. I know others would not mind this as an eyeshadow color. I am just not very adventurous or "flashy" in my makeup. It is well-pigmented, easy to apply, smooth and not flaky. It is not a true "plum" but a soft tone of mauve/purple on the neutral to cool side. If that makes sense. But here is the thing: I figured, it is so smooth and fine in texture, and I love the color (just not on my eyes), I would try it as a blush! And you know: it is EXCELLENT as a plum-based blush for my fair olive skin (NW15 or so). It is very matte and natural looking applied lightly; it blends well and I am enjoying it as a nicely pigmented blush. Great product quality and value.